Tea Parties?

Prodigal_Son

We need to march with torches and pitchforks and lock these guys out so that they quit defiling the Constitution.

You need to actually read the Constitution you revere so much--especially that pesky Fifth Amendment.

Elphaba

Retraction: I read locked "up," not "out," and so my Fifth Amendment comment doesn't fit. Sorry about that.

Elphaba

Edited by Elphaba
I rea

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Godless

Right on, SixPack. Thanks for the comments.

You know, when we as members of the Church have been taught that the Constitution and Declaration of Independence came about as part of His will, by men that He inspired... how can any Latter Day Saint believe that the road we've been on for years now (this all started well before Obama - he's just not even bothering with the softsell his predecessors used) is acceptable to God?

If the Constitution came from God, then how can anyone be okay with how far away we've walked from it?

If the Constitution had come from God, we wouldn't have had to amend it to give equal voting rights to blacks and women.

I still can't help being amused by the fact that conservatives are in such a huge reformist uproar. I was sure that leftists had a monopoly on populist uprisings, but I guess I was wrong. :lol:

And since when is it okay to compare Obama to your Lord, Savior, and Redeemer on a religious board? And don't give me that "It's the media's label" nonsense. Do you really think anyone here has an inkling of respect for the mainstream media?

Edited by Godless

I think he said "lock these guys out", not "lock these guys up".

Not sure that's an advisable course of action; but I also don't see what the Fifth Amendment would have to do with it.

It has to do with due process, something every American is entitled to before being locked "up."

However, you're right. He said locked "out."

So I retract my Fifth Amendment comment, and will say, it's just against the law to use pitchforks on duly elected government officials.

You change things through the process, not via a coup d-etat.

Elphaba

And since when is it okay to compare Obama to your Lord, Savior, and Redeemer on a religious board? And don't give me that "It's the media's label" nonsense. Do you really think anyone here has an inkling of respect for the mainstream media?

See, the godless one gets it. :)

Fair enough. I'll try to restrain myself. And I was being truthful--I didn't mean to offend you...

Thanks.

Wow Emma, I've been gone for over a year, and it takes less than 24 hours for you to begin lying about me.

First off, I didn't serve my mission anywhere near 'trailer trash', so I wouldn't have had occasion to 'talk about the trailer trash I met on my mission'. What, did you get some coaching from Rahm 'Toes' Emanuel on marginalizing people by spewing out lies to make them seem worse than they perhaps are? Just another instance of you seeing things thru your 'where's mine' eyeglasses. Still the victim, huh?

What I did state, quite a while ago, is that there are people that are 'trailer trash' and unless you've been around them you don't understand their mindset. They have their hands out, wondering where their's is at, all the while raising another generation of victims and leeches. Yup, sounds harsh, I know. But the truth often is.

And MOE, As for my being a hypocrite, maybe you too should read before you spout off. I know it's hard, being a know-it-all-20-something. I remember those days, Quite a while back actually, when I thought I was smarter than others. Then life had an opportunity to smack me upside the head and teach me that those that are older than me may just have some wisdom and experience that I don't yet have. But since I was home from my mission and raising kids before you were a gleam in your daddy's eye, you may just want to be careful how you address people you don't know.

What I said was that since this was a Mormon forum, I used the word Postum instead of coffee. Had nothing to do with Wingnut taking me to task for my use of a word. It was said tongue-in-cheek, and was a common phrase used where I grew up when making a point in church. You know, before you were cognizant of anything other than your diapers were wet...

And I stand by my assertion that those that think that everything is just hunky-dory, that Obama is nothing more than just another President, that Queen Nancy is just another Speaker of the House, that Dingy Harry is just another freedom loving American, need to get their heads out of their.......well, the sand, and realize that is not the case. And if you won't fight with us, then you deserve the fate you are left to: to lick the hands of your tax masters, hoping that they'll give you just a little more porridge.

I assume you were as outraged when you saw this:

We've both been here a long time, and I just don't recall your getting "het" up about it.

Elphaba

That's not a bow though, that's a perfectly masculine hand clasp... okay I'm gonna confess every time you post that image I have the temptation to giggle like a little school girl, cultural sensitivity be darned! :D

If the Constitution had come from God, we wouldn't have had to amend it to give equal voting rights to blacks and women.

Hmmm, and if polygamy was really from God, we wouldn't He wouldn't have retracted the law, right?

It was an "inspired" document. One that made specific concessions in order to unite the colonies. Sure, Christ could have come down and told them all what to do... but that's more Lucifer's methods.

And you shouldn't act so surprised about the uproar. Eventually it comes down to one piddly little straw breaking that camel's back. Just one straw.

Better to be grateful at the realization that at least some of the mindless proletariat's eyes are finally opening. Let's just HOPE it's not too little too late.

Guest Godless

Hmmm, and if polygamy was really from God, we wouldn't He wouldn't have retracted the law, right?

From where I sit, that's a pretty big "if".

And you shouldn't act so surprised about the uproar. Eventually it comes down to one piddly little straw breaking that camel's back. Just one straw.

Not surprised, just amused for the most part. Conservatives spent 8 years decrying the "unAmerican" behavior of the American left, only to turn around and stir up some dissent of their own as soon as Obama took office. It's a classic case of the loser's mentality. American liberals fell victim to it when Bush was in office, and now conservatives are in an uproar because they got reamed in the election.

The truth is, America is in no more peril now than it was under Bush. There were mistakes made under that administration, and Obama will no doubt make some of his own. Heck, he's already made a few. But America is still a great country and always will be.

Better to be grateful at the realization that at least some of the mindless proletariat's eyes are finally opening. Let's just HOPE it's not too little too late.

"Mindless" proletariat? A bit condescending, no? We working folk aren't as simple as you might think. ;)

Wow Emma, I've been gone for over a year, and it takes less than 24 hours for you to begin lying about me. . . . Still the victim, huh

victimized whine~~ Wait . . . I thought you had me on ignore. ~~~

Welcome back!

Emma

Edited by Elphaba

From where I sit, that's a pretty big "if".

Fair enough. A rather tepid rebuttle, I admit. :lol:

Not surprised, just amused for the most part. Conservatives spent 8 years decrying the "unAmerican" behavior of the American left, only to turn around and stir up some dissent of their own as soon as Obama took office. It's a classic case of the loser's mentality. American liberals fell victim to it when Bush was in office, and now conservatives are in an uproar because they got reamed in the election.

I don't disagree that Bush was a globalist. He wasn't remotely conservative, that's for sure. But Obama has taken the wheel from Bush and put the proverbial pedal to the metal.

The truth is, America is in no more peril now than it was under Bush.

Okay, now here I have to disagree. Not in more peril? While we can debate the legality of the War in Iraq, there's no debating that Bush would put a boot in anyone's rear who threatened the US. Obama, on the other hand, wants to disarm nukes even as others are arming. He wants to shut down the shield defense in Europe so as not to offend Russia. He apologizes to the world for our existence. He even downplayed the fact that we, the US won WWII. He is weak, he exudes weakness, and he's inviting catastrophe (from both within and without).

There were mistakes made under that administration, and Obama will no doubt make some of his own. Heck, he's already made a few.

Yes, the last administration was terrible. But Obama makes them look like newborn kittens against his own sabertoothed tiger. And by "few", I assume you mean "every move he's made"???

But America is still a great country and always will be.

Do I need to quote scripture at you? Do I need to remind you why the Jaredite and Nephite civilizations went the way of the Dodo? Do I need to cut and paste the dire warnings that our capacity to thrive is based on our righteousness? That the moment the majority choose evil over good, we're hosed?

"Mindless" proletariat? A bit condescending, no? We working folk aren't as simple as you might think. ;)

I'm working folk. And any nation that can dwell on the death of a musical savant pedophile (and please don't give me the "he was acquitted" speech - so was OJ) for 2 weeks while ignoring the Cap n Trade bill is mindless. Edited by Prodigal_Son

Hidden

Can we say "what the hell" on the boards now?

/me waits for Pam's confirmation and I'm SO ready to go. Can we get a WTH button?

Why would we want to say anything like this? We're supposed to be trying to rise above the world, not dane to being satisfied with the inappropriate behavior.

Assuming you all have your years supply on hand and are doing all else the Lord has commanded us to do...,

PRR

Why would we want to say anything like this? We're supposed to be trying to rise above the world, not dane to being satisfied with the inappropriate behavior.

Assuming you all have your years supply on hand and are doing all else the Lord has commanded us to do...,

PRR

I'm pretty sure that was exactly the point Honor was trying to make...she just chose to employ satire.

Oh goodie! Elevated discourse!

And it is sad to see so many in the church that think that if they just pray hard enough that it will all be fixed. Or that actually agree with the Dear Leader (there is that a better way of referring to him?), that don't see a problem with bowing to Saudi Kings (and then having the 'audacity' to state that the King is just so short. What the hell is he talking about??)

Incredible...someone who wants to show respect to world leaders instead of insulting them! Someone who is willing to recognize their culture and customs instead of insisting that they adhere to ours when we visit them! The nerve of some people!

or giving iPod and DVDs to heads of State? HUH??

and before you go and imply that we're all so blind that we think that was okay, perhaps you should read enough to discover that a majority of his supporters thought that was pretty bone-headed.

This thug from Chicago is an arrogant elitist (better for you MoE?) that thinks he is just smarter than the rest of us. Where Clinton and Bush put in a couple of Czars (which was ludicrous) B Hussein has raised it to an art form. Where is the oversight? Since when does the Executive Branch have all the power?

I never complained about you calling him an elitist. I only commented on the irony of you're calling someone an elitist while labeling anyone who doesn't agree with you as a cellar dweller. Go ahead and call him an elitist, but don't try to pretend that you're not at the same time.

Yeah, I get pretty het up. We need to march with torches and pitchforks and lock these guys out so that they quit defiling the Constitution.

Some here like to point out that the Nephite and Jaredite civilizations that collapsed were characterized by wickedness. It might also be worth pointing out that these civilizations were characterized by violent changes of power. You solution is the simple-minded form of change. The Constitution you profess to love so much was specifically written so that such violent changes in power wouldn't be necessary. Keep your pitchfork in your shed and quit defiling the Constitution already.

But I'm sure that the basement dwellers, with their Mountain Dew and Skittles, just think I'm being paranoid...

You're not being paranoid. Just this.

Wow Emma, I've been gone for over a year, and it takes less than 24 hours for you to begin lying about me.

First off, I didn't serve my mission anywhere near 'trailer trash', so I wouldn't have had occasion to 'talk about the trailer trash I met on my mission'. What, did you get some coaching from Rahm 'Toes' Emanuel on marginalizing people by spewing out lies to make them seem worse than they perhaps are? Just another instance of you seeing things thru your 'where's mine' eyeglasses. Still the victim, huh?

You might want to take note that the only person here trying to marginalize people is you. (admittedly, I'm spending my time marginalizing you, but you deserve it).

What I did state, quite a while ago, is that there are people that are 'trailer trash' and unless you've been around them you don't understand their mindset. They have their hands out, wondering where their's is at, all the while raising another generation of victims and leeches. Yup, sounds harsh, I know. But the truth often is.

Having grown up around trailer trash, I can't think of a more inept description. More often than not, it comes down to a matter of education. Those that know how to get out and are given the tools to do it get out.

Ironically, that is quite consistent with what you've said in the past. But you seem to prefer insulting and berating them over actually doing anything to help them. It's quite a show of poor character. Hey, you're right--the truth is harsh.

And MOE, As for my being a hypocrite, maybe you too should read before you spout off. I know it's hard, being a know-it-all-20-something. I remember those days, Quite a while back actually, when I thought I was smarter than others. Then life had an opportunity to smack me upside the head and teach me that those that are older than me may just have some wisdom and experience that I don't yet have. But since I was home from my mission and raising kids before you were a gleam in your daddy's eye, you may just want to be careful how you address people you don't know.

Well, I'm glad we've established that it's better to be a know-it-all 49 year old than a know-it-all-20-something. I'm not sure when insults coming from someone older became any less insulting.

What I said was that since this was a Mormon forum, I used the word Postum instead of coffee. Had nothing to do with Wingnut taking me to task for my use of a word. It was said tongue-in-cheek, and was a common phrase used where I grew up when making a point in church. You know, before you were cognizant of anything other than your diapers were wet...

As for the claim that I should read before I speak, it was in this post that you claimed to use Postum instead of coffee because you'd already offended someone by calling Obama the Messiah. I then pointed out that you made your Postum comment before anyone had complained about your Messiah reference.

I also was fully aware that the comment was tongue-in-cheek. What I'm curious about is how a know-it-all 49 year old with so much age, wisdom, and experience couldn't see that my comment was a statement about how all the derogatory titles you were throwing at others for not sharing your viewpoint are all titles that fit you quite nicely.

And I stand by my assertion that those that think that everything is just hunky-dory, that Obama is nothing more than just another President, that Queen Nancy is just another Speaker of the House, that Dingy Harry is just another freedom loving American, need to get their heads out of their.......well, the sand, and realize that is not the case. And if you won't fight with us, then you deserve the fate you are left to: to lick the hands of your tax masters, hoping that they'll give you just a little more porridge.

Hmmm...how many people here think everything is just hunky-dory. Looks like you need to do some more reading, O wise and grand possessor of all knowledge. No one here, to the best of my recollection, has ever said that everything was hunky-dory (or any equivalent adjective). But thanks for playing the game.

Oh, and by the way, I was advised to say all of this by a 51 year old. Since he's older than you, his wisdom obviously trumps yours.

Guest Godless

Okay, now here I have to disagree. Not in more peril? While we can debate the legality of the War in Iraq, there's no debating that Bush would put a boot in anyone's rear who threatened the US. Obama, on the other hand, wants to disarm nukes even as others are arming. He wants to shut down the shield defense in Europe so as not to offend Russia. He apologizes to the world for our existence. He even downplayed the fact that we, the US won WWII. He is weak, he exudes weakness, and he's inviting catastrophe (from both within and without).

Humility is not weakness. And before you jump on me, let me just say that I, too, find his apologist stance to be a bit unnecessary. Some of these things make sense though. Like why the heck do we still have Eastern Europe fortified anyway? The Cold War has been over for almost 20 years. Russia is a mess, but hardly a threat to the West. We need to focus our strength elsewhere. And why should we spend millions (if not billions) of dollars to maintain a nuclear arsenal that we're never going to use?

Do I need to quote scripture at you? Do I need to remind you why the Jaredite and Nephite civilizations went the way of the Dodo? Do I need to cut and paste the dire warnings that our capacity to thrive is based on our righteousness? That the moment the majority choose evil over good, we're hosed?

Quoting scripture to me is useless. I can't say it any clearer than that.

I'm working folk. And any nation that can dwell on the death of a musical savant pedophile (and please don't give me the "he was acquitted" speech - so was OJ) for 2 weeks while ignoring the Cap n Trade bill is mindless.

As a society, yes, we're pretty dumb sometimes. By using the word "proletariat", I assumed that you were bringing class into the equation. If I was wrong, please forgive me. I think we can both agree that, class issues aside, Americans have screwed up priorities. As for your original point, I think the "awakening" of which you speak is nothing more than a shift in concern. The Left is pacified for the time being, and now it's the Right that is all wrapped up in dissent. One side has awakened their fury, and the other has eased up. Personally, I try to always be wary. I definitely prefer Obama over Bush, but I hope that I can avoid sitting quietly when he does things I disagree with.

MoE,

Thanks for the laugh. Good thing for me to wake up to with my Postum in hand, reading my daily conspiracy blog.

And since you took so much umbrage at what I had to say, I can only conclude that I must have hit a nerve somewhere.

Remember, the steps from mommy's basement go UP as well as down. There's a whole wide world out there for you to experience!

Just kidding. I really am. Chalk it up to little sleep at night, due to my extreme age and worry over how you'd 'one-up' me today!

take care.

MoE,

Thanks for the laugh. Good thing for me to wake up to with my Postum in hand, reading my daily conspiracy blog.

And since you took so much umbrage at what I had to say, I can only conclude that I must have hit a nerve somewhere.

Remember, the steps from mommy's basement go UP as well as down. There's a whole wide world out there for you to experience!

Just kidding. I really am. Chalk it up to little sleep at night, due to my extreme age and worry over how you'd 'one-up' me today!

take care.

Sixpack? I'm concerned here with your posts in the same way I'm concerned with a lot of posts made by the extreme right and the extreme left: Many of the things you say require your audience to hold the exact same views as you.

Random attacks on Barack Obama that really don't give specifics, a powerful non-interventionist approach that gets offended whenever anyone challenges you followed by wink-and-a-nod "You'll know better when you're older" style posts that directly attack anyone with a different opinion from you.

All angry and snide discourse aside, have you considered posting respectful counterpoints to Moe's questions? Perhaps if you brought up examples from history that support your viewpoint and would allow you to argue with Moe?

Also, I would recommend pointing out why you disagree with Barack Obama specifically. I have found that many of the acts that the extreme right throw at Obama were committed by the Republicans as well.

I will even go so far as to say 'Maybe if you showed more respect to everyone in the world, your life would be easier on the net'.

Ultimately, casual disrespect for anyone who disagrees with you means that you will never ever change the world for the better. Love opens up a lot more doors.

Sixpack? I'm concerned here with your posts in the same way I'm concerned with a lot of posts made by the extreme right and the extreme left: Many of the things you say require your audience to hold the exact same views as you.

Random attacks on Barack Obama that really don't give specifics, a powerful non-interventionist approach that gets offended whenever anyone challenges you followed by wink-and-a-nod "You'll know better when you're older" style posts that directly attack anyone with a different opinion from you.

All angry and snide discourse aside, have you considered posting respectful counterpoints to Moe's questions? Perhaps if you brought up examples from history that support your viewpoint and would allow you to argue with Moe?

Also, I would recommend pointing out why you disagree with Barack Obama specifically. I have found that many of the acts that the extreme right throw at Obama were committed by the Republicans as well.

I will even go so far as to say 'Maybe if you showed more respect to everyone in the world, your life would be easier on the net'.

Ultimately, casual disrespect for anyone who disagrees with you means that you will never ever change the world for the better. Love opens up a lot more doors.

Shut your pie hole, sonny…you’re too young to know what you’re talking about!