Introduction

Lilac

Hello! :hi:

I am reading up on the LDS faith and investigating.

I was raised Baptist and have been a hard core (basically fundamentalist) Baptist. You know, the "old fashioned" Baptists. ;) Socially, I fit with the LDS perfectly. That is the easy part for me. In fact, I LOVE that about the LDS. I'm working on LDS doctrine right now. Some I feel good with and some I'm a bit stuck on.

We been very unhappy with the churches and for many years now, my husband and I have been without a church. We've tried every (mainline) Protestant denomination and nothing seems right. :banghead: We church at home and baptized our kids in our swimming pool. I really am not happy with this, I want to find a church home. I want my children to have a formal religious upbringing and to be with other believers.

I live in an area where there is not a lot of LDS. I don't think I've ever really met a Mormon. I see the missionairies out walking sometimes. One day, I saw some LDS missionaries out walking and it it me like a lightening bolt. The LDS!!! I've never investigated them! Maybe they are it! (is that a testimony?)

And here I am... :D I went to a meeting (what do you call it?) or church service a few weeks ago. It was very different but it was fine. We did not stay for any Bible studies etc. after the meeting (I left the kids at home). I have not spoken to any missionaries, I am a quiet person and like to read up a bit on my own before I start involving people. ;) My husband is open to LDS but is way more cautious than I am. He is very devout in his beliefs and changing doctrines is not an easy thing and he is right to be cautious.

I have four children and one waiting in Heaven for me. I homeschool my children. I've been married for 17 years.

That's it.

welcome to the site.

I would suggest this site to start: Mormon.org

that will give you a lot of the basics. Of course, I also suggest that you talk with the missionaries. Just know that no one will ever pressure you to believe. I think we all believe in being cautious. As long as you are willing to act when you get the witness of the truth.

I am sorry for the loss of your child....but one of the things we know is that you can see that child again and your family can be sealed together forever....it's not just "until death do you part".

On the website above you can also ask to speak to a representative (missionaries) and they can bring you a Book of Mormon. You are also welcome to ask any questions that you like here and there are many wonderful people that can help to explain anything that you are having difficulty with.

Good luck on your journey!!

Thanks for the reply!

I'm going to request the missionaries when my husband gives me the A-OK. ;)

We have both gone to so many churches and talked to so many people, the idea of talking to another group...

Oh, I've done my reading on LDS! :D I got a copy of the Book of Mormon from the libary. I cleaned out the library on Mormonism. I love to read and I enjoy the entire subject of theology, religion etc.

Thank you for the sympathy on losing my baby. I had a miscarriage and to some, it's just a "medical thing" but to me, that was a child. I feel like I have five children and that is the way I say it. I can't leave out that little child.

It might've even been that little child that made me so intensely unhappy with churches. No one has any answers. No one knows if the child went to heaven or what happened to it. I heard "we just don't know". I love what the LDS teaches about family.

Well, anyway, I have some questions and I'll be posting over there the Questions Board. Right now, I have to get back to my kids who are making a mess. :eek:

Blessings.

PS This baord has fun icons! :twothumbsup:

Welcome to the site Lilac. As a recent convert i know what you're talking about with other denominations. I experienced the same. I looked and studied up on the LDS church for nearly five years before joining, but it has been the best move I've ever made. Good luck to you, and please feel free to post your questions. We are all glad to help.

From one icon fan to another (I love them too!) A big hello!:bighug:

I, too am a convert and am very happy about my conversion. Just remember you get to take as much time as you want being an investigator. Some move through the process a bit faster and some take a bit longer. It's all what makes you comfortable.

I have been a life long member of the church and it has blessed my life and the life of my family. as you listen to the missionary go to your Heavenly and ask him if what there telling you is true and listen to the still small vioce and the Holy ghost will tell the truth of all things