Canadians or anyone who remembers....

jameslentz

I am looking for the old show You Can't Do That on Television. I have found some sites recently that have some information and a few old episodes but I was wondering if maybe any of my northern friends have ever come across a collection of the shows on tape or dvd. Or maybe there is a website that has an archive of the shows. Any info would be great.

I have tried searching but I don't know wh....<slime>.....LOL!!!

Love that show, takes me back!

I vaguely remember that show, but I was pretty young when it came out. In researching it online, it doesn't look like an official DVD was ever released. From the Wikipedia article:

As of 2005, CJOH had no plans to release re-runs of YCDTOTV nor are there any plans to produce new episodes. In 2006, rumours began floating that Nickelodeon would release DVDs of the series as part of its "Rewind" series of DVD releases of shows from its past. However, in early February 2006, ycdtotv.com reported that because of changes in the hierarchy of Viacom, there would be no DVD release in the immediate future. Although fans still hold out hope that the series will one day be released commercially, some web sites, including ycdtotv.com and barthsburgery.com, have made episodes of the series available in the interim, through either free downloads of episodes or sales of homemade DVD compilations.

As the snippet says, it appears Barth's Burgery offers a homemade DVD compilation that won't play in a dvd player for $14, but I don't know that I would trust a site like that. Alternatively you could do a google search for You Can't Do That on Television torrent, but it would probably be quasi-legal, so I won't post any links for that.

you can try this site I found all kinds of things there it a Australia site they allow down loads so watch what you might down load under US law.

I don't think TV falls under that just movies and music

Edited by Dravin
Moderator Edit: It has been decided that links to torrent sites aren't appropriate.

Alternatively you could do a google search for You Can't Do That on Television torrent, but it would probably be quasi-legal, so I won't post any links for that.

That is wise not mentioning such links as piratebay.org, since you never know what you could find. They could even have Amelia Earhart for all we know. That would be spooky.

Have you tried downloading it from a legal site, such as Canada's iTunes area? They might have it.

Considering this is where Alanis Morisette got her start and where she fell in to the underage relationship with Dave Coulier, a lot went on there.

Dave Coulier: I 'Really Hurt' Alanis Morissette - Breakups, Alanis Morissette, Dave Coulier : People.com

And yet... I don't perceive Alanis as a victim. :o

you can try this site I found all kinds of things there it a Australia site they allow down loads so watch what you might down load under US law.

I don't think TV falls under that just movies and music

It's a Swedish site and the owners have recently been fined several million along with receiving prison sentences. They have since sold the website to a legitimate company who are going to "legalise" it.

Edited by Dravin
Moderator Edit: It has been decided that links to torrent sites aren't appropriate.

It's a Swedish site and the owners have recently been fined several million along with receiving prison sentences. They have since sold the website to a legitimate company who are going to "legalise" it.

I doubt that's ever going to happen....you can STILL get stuff there illegaly...I don't tthink sending them to jail really did anything but make them more rebelious.

I doubt that's ever going to happen....you can STILL get stuff there illegaly...I don't tthink sending them to jail really did anything but make them more rebelious.

The take over happens in August 2009. No-one is 100% sure what effect it will have on the site, but the company who bought it are a legal entity. They say that they will "compensate" the copyright owners for downloaded material - how this will happen I really have no idea. I think we have another napster on our hands.

EDIT: Just seen a updated bit on wikipedia:

On 30 June 2009 Swedish software company Global Gaming Factory X AB announced its intention to buy The Pirate Bay for 60 million Swedish crowns ($7.8 million).[116][117] Global Gaming Chief Executive Hans Pandeya commented on sites future by saying "We would like to introduce models which entail that content providers and copyright owners get paid for content that is downloaded via the site". On July 16th, the new owners announced that users will be charged a monthly fee for access to The Pirate Bay, in order to compensate copyright holders.

I personally think it's a sad thing that they have sold it. They had such a vast amount of supporters and not just because they could get stuff for free that they would normally pay for, but because they stood up against the music and film industry and their extortionate acts for so long and survived at least one major police raid on their servers (I think the site was down for three hours).

Edited by Mahone

That is wise not mentioning such links as piratebay.org, since you never know what you could find. They could even have Amelia Earhart for all we know. That would be spooky.

Not only that Moksha, but it was equally wise not mentioning the free software programs, utorrent and PeerGuardian.

Good point about Amelia Earhart. They might even have Jimmy Hoffa and the Lock Ness Monster! Looking there would indeed be "spooky" as you so quaintly said.

:)