Super DOOOPER important to read... REALLY.

Guest missingsomething

I have briefly looked over the rules and if the moderator is warning you for your posts, then the rules do not match up with their actions.

If you feel I need to be banned... then please do so.

ANother thought...

Why is it that some people can take a simple, honest, sincere post... and "turn it" and antagonize people on a regular basis... and do not get threatened with being banned?

Things that make you go hmmmm.

(At least now I "get" why several people have told me they have quit posting to the forums because of the backlash they receive)....

And incase I do get banned... Take care all... even the trouble makers... ;)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oK in the mods defense he did not point out any one of you............ Sometimes these things escalate and he was trying to defuse the situation.

Snow I do see your point but for many of us it is very cynical but you have that right. This world is ruled by freedom of choice and sometimes the results are very bad. I see that Snow. I also see in my life the power of God , of Prayer and of positive support. I know hearts can be softened and miracles can happen.

If missing has just said I am trying to get a job and have some interviews I would appreciate your support I think you would find no fault in that. The power of God of our faith in him is unmesurable and some will be offended if you think prayer dosen't have any effect on a situation. In reading this whole thread I see all points of view. Her request was simple and should have stayed that way.

oK in the mods defense he did not point out any one of you............ Sometimes these things escalate and he was trying to defuse the situation.

Snow I do see your point but for many of us it is very cynical but you have that right. This world is ruled by freedom of choice and sometimes the results are very bad. I see that Snow. I also see in my life the power of God , of Prayer and of positive support. I know hearts can be softened and miracles can happen.

It's hardly cynical. That God does not answer some prayers and easily be demonstrated from the evidence. On the other hand there is no evidence that God does answer prayers. Besides which, logic should apply. If God wants someone to have a job, then God will or could intercede on that person's behalf, regardless.

If missing has just said I am trying to get a job and have some interviews I would appreciate your support I think you would find no fault in that. The power of God of our faith in him is unmesurable and some will be offended if you think prayer dosen't have any effect on a situation. In reading this whole thread I see all points of view. Her request was simple and should have stayed that way.

Again - I hope that missingsomething gets the very best job possible - whatever she can to be happy, fulfilled and rewarded for, but when people post, the are in effect saying, here's my opinion and I want all you readers to know about it. Posters do not have a right to be unchallenged about their proclamations, implied or explicit. Posters have challenged me on my proclamations here and that is perfectly alright with me - more power to em.

Again - I hope that missingsomething gets the very best job possible - whatever she can to be happy, fulfilled and rewarded for, but when people post, the are in effect saying, here's my opinion and I want all you readers to know about it. Posters do not have a right to be unchallenged about their proclamations, implied or explicit. Posters have challenged me on my proclamations here and that is perfectly alright with me - more power to em.

I don't think she was proclaiming anything. Effectively she was saying "for those who believe it wil help me, as I do, please pray for me in order to help me get this job". I agree with a lot of your points actually, you clearly are not someone who just follows a belief blindly without any thought about the matter, which is a trait I admire. However it's probably the wrong thread to discuss it, she wasn't asking for opinions, just favours from those who hold a similar belief, which is why people have been implying you are being rude. It's know as netiquette ;)

Edited by Mahone

That God does not answer some prayers and easily be demonstrated from the evidence. On the other hand there is no evidence that God does answer prayers..

:roflmbo:

Your joking right? Oh, you're not? Well, no wonder you have no evidence.

Of course he doesn't answer 'some" prayers. NO DUH!

On the other hand, there is incontrovertible evidence that he does answer prayers, but that evidence is reserved for those that have put in the necessary effort. I'm honestly sorry that you are in a position that you have not such evidence. Perhaps someday you will quit kicking against the pricks and do what is necessary to obtain the evidence.

Missingsomething:

Already done. But, I already have proof that he answers your prayers. ;)

Guest missingsomething

:roflmbo:

Your joking right? Oh, you're not? Well, no wonder you have no evidence.

Of course he doesn't answer 'some" prayers. NO DUH!

On the other hand, there is incontrovertible evidence that he does answer prayers, but that evidence is reserved for those that have put in the necessary effort. I'm honestly sorry that you are in a position that you have not such evidence. Perhaps someday you will quit kicking against the pricks and do what is necessary to obtain the evidence.

Missingsomething:

Already done. But, I already have proof that he answers your prayers. ;)

HEY Ryan!

You disappeared for awhile. Yes, my friend, He does answer my prayers....and he does so often through others. ;)

Send me a msg and catch me up on you...

Guest missingsomething

Ok there is proof the God dosen't answer prayers always in the fact of all the horror in the world.

Proof that he does.... is a belief that cannot be proven, it can be felt and believed but not proven and there is the crux of it.

Sorry pro- you have the wrong thread....my post is about asking people to remember me in their prayers... period...it wasnt up for debate....

but thanks :)

*looks at his Book of Mormon and Bible.

I am not sure what scriptures you believe in, but, I have plenty of irrefutable proof in those books.

Ok there is proof the God dosen't answer prayers always in the fact of all the horror in the world.

Proof that he does.... is a belief that cannot be proven, it can be felt and believed but not proven and there is the crux of it.

I am sorry missingsomething, for getting off topic. You do have my continued prayers and I will have faith and hope that my prayers will bring you peace, comfort, and help with your interview.

Sorry pro- you have the wrong thread....my post is about asking people to remember me in their prayers... period...it wasnt up for debate....

but thanks :)

Guest missingsomething

Don't I get a Well Done Grasshopper????

Just kidding.....

And missing I was the first to support your endeavors. I was just answering and understanding what was posted by Snow.. I am sorry you do not get it.

No pros.. not that I dont get it...

its that I do not believe it was the time or place to do such... thats all...

and well done grasshopper... (avoid the birds though)

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Fabricating nonsense is not nice. I have as much or more faith in God than anyone here. Perhaps, or likely, more, than you.

Really - care to explain how innocent people and children are murdered, tortured and raped despite their prayers that they not be murdered, tortured or raped?

Can you prove they prayed to NOT be raped or murdered or tortured and provide evidence?