Proof that God Answers Prayer???

Snow

And I prayer for a new Cadillac CTS.

If there is one in my driveway - is that proof that God put it there?

That reminds me of a song.

"I looked out the window and what did I see?

A new cadillac on the driveway for me."

Oh wait...wrong song.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok there is proof the God dosen't answer prayers always in the fact of all the horror in the world.

Proof that he does.... is a belief that cannot be proven, it can be felt and believed but not proven and there is the crux of it.

I forgot Snow started a thread with this from another so am moving my comments over ok :}

OKay, I am truly trying to understand Snow. You believe that because God may not or does not intercede in certain events, that we should not bother praying for it?

My take is that, we pray for everything, with faith that Heavenly Father's will will be done. That means we ask for prayers for job interviews and blessings for a hang nail. Nothing is too small for prayer, regardless of whether Heavenly Father chooses or is able to answer that particular prayer. Prayer, in and of itself, is an excercise in faith. I dare say Heavenly Father would never tell us to not excercise our faith. Are you suggesting that there is ever a time when we waste Heavenly Father's or our own time by excercising our faith? Even in the slightest, tiniest action?

I always hear the phrase "God's will be done".

Then I ask, what's the point in praying if no matter what God's will is done?

If it's God's will for Bob to die of cancer, then no matter how much we pray he will die. If it's God's will he will live, then no matter if we pray or not he'll live.

So then, are there situations where God lets things randomly play out unguided by his hand? Are these the situations that God will grant our prayerful desires - The situations where he has no will one way or the other? Or does he ALWAYS have a will?

Something to think about!

We knew in the preexistence that life here on earth would not always be ice cream and lollipops. There would be some liver and onions along the way.

Not just liver, but their foul tasting siblings black licorice and non-fresh coconut. Together, this unholy triune must be stopped!!!

Not just liver, but their foul tasting siblings black licorice and non-fresh coconut. Together, this unholy triune must be stopped!!!

Because of the selfless person that I am I volunteer to deal with the black licorice you are forced to face. :itwasntme:

Here is an excerpt from the Bible Dictionary on prayer:

Prayer is the act by which the will of the Father and the will of the child are brought into correspondence with each other. The object of prayer is not to change the will of God, but to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that God is already willing to grant, but that are made conditional on our asking for them. Blessings require some work or effort on our part before we can obtain them. Prayer is a form of work, and is an appointed means for obtaining the highest of all blessings.

I always hear the phrase "God's will be done".

Then I ask, what's the point in praying if no matter what God's will is done?

This is what the Bible Dictionary has to say about it:

The object of prayer is not to change the will of God, but to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that God is already willing to grant, but that are made conditional on our asking for them. Blessings require some work or effort on our part before we can obtain them. Prayer is a form of work, and is an appointed means for obtaining the highest of all blessings.

Edit: I'm just too slow. :)

Edited by Dravin

Pmom are you saying that you are a stack of wood used to transport heavier objects?

I always got the impression that she was the sturdy versatile type who is capable of bearing quite the burden. :)

Copycat.

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

wow Pam you got me there........ I ran to the store and it hit me boy oh boy I hope no one notices I mispelt that word ..... good eye PAMMY

Originally Posted by Dravin

I always got the impression that she was the sturdy versatile type who is capable of bearing quite the burden.

Thanks you gave my hubby a laugh he said, " thats you" when I told him what you said.... He also likes black licorace.

thanks Pam, Stallion and Dravin you made it easy to laugh at myself.

abd now it is known I spell badly sometimes :}