Can you smell the smoke?

pam

For those of us that live in the Salt Lake City area breathing outside right now is like trying to breathe around a campfire when the wind is blowing in your direction.

2 large fires burning close by has the air just filled with smoke. The winds have been just horrible today which unfortunately has fanned them more.

ksl.com - BLM fighting huge fire in Skull Valley

ksl.com - 3-alarm fire burning out of control near airport

There was a fire today about 1 mile north of my uncle's house, 1 1/2 miles from my gramma's house. I saw it start as I was driving to my mom's house today. I wasn't too worried until I saw actual (huge) flames :( but the BLM guys got the helicopters and 3 trucks to put it out. It was on the side of a very steep hill/cliff so I was really impressed they got it out so fast :D

GL with your fires, the firefighters are the best.

For those of us that live in the Salt Lake City area breathing outside right now is like trying to breathe around a campfire when the wind is blowing in your direction.

2 large fires burning close by has the air just filled with smoke. The winds have been just horrible today which unfortunately has fanned them more.

ksl.com - BLM fighting huge fire in Skull Valley

ksl.com - 3-alarm fire burning out of control near airport

... i wonder if those were the fires i was smelling at work...

I'm about a half hour north of you Pam. As I was laying in bed to go to sleep last night, I began to smell faint smoke. My mind immediately began racing wonding if my son was alright, what was burning, etc, etc. Then I remembered the news stories. Yep, smelled like grass fire.

I'm about a half hour north of you Pam. As I was laying in bed to go to sleep last night, I began to smell faint smoke. My mind immediately began racing wonding if my son was alright, what was burning, etc, etc. Then I remembered the news stories. Yep, smelled like grass fire.

My first thought that there was something on fire somewhere close to me it was so strong here in Sandy. Then I remembered someone mentioning that there was a lightning strike fire going. Only to find out there were actually two fires going.

I remember when there was some big fires last year in Estonia so air in Helsinki Finland and west, was filled with smoke and even ashes. People were told to keep inside. And that was pretty far on the other side of the Finnish gulf!

Danmark kart - Google Maps

Under Helsinki is Tallin in Estonia.

Edited by Maya

Not smelling smoke, but I noticed the air in Utah Valley was very hazy today--which is odd since we just had rain yesterday.

This explains it.

You had rain? No fair.