Why Doesn’t God Answer Prayers?

Snow

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said: "I can almost asure u that if this question had been asked by an anti-mormon the thread would had been closed earlier." This seems to be a question on what threads moderators decide to close or not close.

I'm not offended--I"m flabbergasted. It appears to me that you are saying if a question has no point, then it doesn't bear discussing. So, now, we need to do a poll on each thread to find out if our questions have a point? Who gets to decide that? Do we need a 2/3 majority? Do we appoint a committee?

Here's a simple thought. What you deem to be pointless, others may find a point. What you deem to be silly, or wrong, or dumb, or irrelevant, others may find value. It's a forum of many individuals who are at different levels of education, life experiences, critical thinking, faith, etc.

So, instead of you posting on a thread that you deem pointless about your judgment of other people's discussion, why don't you start your own thread to discuss a pointed question?

yeah the thing that made it valuable to me is my own posts and the ones derived from it .. before that i didnt even looked at it..

call me egomaniac ..

when people stops adressing to me or if not explicit to me but i think is what is meant . I will stop posting cause that's gonna make this thread not valuable for me. ;)

Edited by glow_inthe_dark_girl

- I do, at present, believe the continents were separated at the time of Peleg, because the scriptures hint at the idea.

- I do, at present, believe in a worldwide flood as recorded in Genesis, and spoken of by Jesus Himself.

So before people go off half-cocked assigning me beliefs and ridiculing my "common sense", perhaps they should get to know what I actually believe.

It just keeps getting curiouser and curiouser.

You believe that the continents separated and no amount of evidence would convince you otherwise (so you claimed) because the scriptures HINT that it is so.

The scriptures also hint, (a lot more than just hint) that the world is flat. May we also assume that you believe the earth to be flat?

Here's a simple thought. What you deem to be pointless, others may find a point. What you deem to be silly, or wrong, or dumb, or irrelevant, others may find value. It's a forum of many individuals who are at different levels of education, life experiences, critical thinking, faith, etc.

exactly, that is what I think, and I find it pointless. the only thing that i said is that and i still think that way. I haven't even suggested to close this "useless thread" i haven´t implied that i want other people to think as I do. I just wanted to express my opinion, as u can see in my signature I am in favor of freedom of speech..

So, instead of you posting on a thread that you deem pointless about your judgment of other people's discussion, why don't you start your own thread to discuss a pointed question?

I didn't consider it necessary, i didn't know my short post would bring this long discussion.. nor i wanted to do so.

but probably if i do so, the new thread might cause a lot of contention because i had realised that a lot of persons think the same that i said. and I dont really want that

this kind of discussions are always pointless...

Pity you feel that what. For me, far from being pointless, they have a great deal of value. It's difficult to describe just how much I've learned from these very conversations on this forum over the years... but it's as a starting point - I have several degree. What I've learned on my own, informally over the past 5 plus years is easily the equivalent or greater of either of my degrees and much of it, especially the impetus for it, started right here on was was then LDSTalk.

Edited by Snow

Oh plus I'm getting kind of tired to read that this questions formulated by the OP are just intended to get people to think , as if people couldn't

think by themselves or needed a little push to realise how things actually are.. it's beyond obvious that the OP is not asking because he or she

wants an answer for himself, that is clear, but I think the questions are to create debate between the users, and due to the fact that some

people gets offended by the questions the OP enjoys it.

Well frankly, you just don't know what you are talking about - but's that okay. It's America and you can speak without knowing.

Hi,

One of the advantages to these heated conversations is that the forum provides an outlet for people with controversial positions. One can voice opinions which might raise eyebrows on Church Sunday. Sometimes, by hitting the hard stuff, satisfying conclusions can be reached--especially if the standard exhortation to study and pray is not connecting.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Kawazu

Pity you feel that what. For me, far from being pointless, they have a great deal of value. It's difficult to describe just how much I've learned from these very conversations on this forum over the years... but it's as a starting point - I have several degree. What I've learned on my own, informally over the past 5 plus years is easily the equivalent or greater of either of my degrees and much of it, especially the impetus for it, started right here on was was then LDSTalk.

Well frankly, you just don't know what you are talking about - but's that okay. It's America and you can speak without knowing.

well frankly you think that i dont know what i am talking about,- i know perfectly what i said. You are not the one to say or judge if i know or I dont.

having degrees doenst make you omniscient as to say that others dont know what they talking about.

,..I dont have several degrees, not yet because of my age. I am in college and university Im studying two careers so im not just an ignorant that came out of nowhere. and I think that we can learn everyday something new, even from those who had never studied science or thos education fields.

It´s America? you are in america. but I can say It´s Mexico because im in mexico. that's actually funny cause u can see both of us are right or now are you gonna say I dont know what im saying?

oh and as far as i know u can speak without knowing everywhere in the world..

well frankly you think that i dont know what i am talking about,- i know perfectly what i said. You are not the one to say or judge if i know or I dont.

having degrees doenst make you omniscient as to say that others dont know what they talking about.

,..I dont have several degrees, not yet because of my age. I am in college and university Im studying two careers so im not just an ignorant that came out of nowhere. and I think that we can learn everyday something new, even from those who had never studied science or thos education fields.

It´s America? you are in america. but I can say It´s Mexico because im in mexico. that's actually funny cause u can see both of us are right or now are you gonna say I dont know what im saying?

Begging your pardon, were you talking to me?

Guest Believer_1829

It just keeps getting curiouser and curiouser.

You believe that the continents separated and no amount of evidence would convince you otherwise (so you claimed) because the scriptures HINT that it is so.

The scriptures also hint, (a lot more than just hint) that the world is flat. May we also assume that you believe the earth to be flat?

:deadhorse:

Guest Believer_1829
Hidden

It's a legitimate question. Since you believe in recent continental separation because it is hinted at in the OT, do you also believe the earth is flat as it is also more than hinted at in the OT?

:nana:

Guest Believer_1829
Hidden

It's a legitimate question. Since you believe in recent continental separation because it is hinted at in the OT, do you also believe the earth is flat as it is also more than hinted at in the OT?

:dude:

Chuckle, chuckle. You claimed that I, Snow, didn't want answers. Since I am the ONLY ONE that really knows what I want, I can factually determine that you are wrong. You can only surmise. I definitively KNOW.

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle. You misread the post. My education has nothing whatsoever to do with knowing my own motivations - which was the issue. The piece on education was in reference to my disagreement that these debates are pointless.

Whoooze!

Hidden

:dude:

In response to questions you post a dancing icon? I'm curious, have you ever read some of your posts/responses?

I'm debating whether or not to predict that your next post will contain another such witty retort. What could it be, what could it be?

Guest Believer_1829
Hidden

:tease:

Chuckle, chuckle. You claimed that I, Snow, didn't want answers. Since I am the ONLY ONE that really knows what I want, I can factually determine that you are wrong. You can only surmise. I definitively KNOW.

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle. You misread the post. My education has nothing whatsoever to do with knowing my own motivations - which was the issue. The piece on education was in reference to my disagreement that these debates are pointless.

chucke chuckle... I know that the education things that u said weren't saying that u

Whoooze!

You are again implying that i misread something.. may be u misread mine because i also said that education sometimes is not = to wisdom.. and if i said that is to clarify u that I also have and education..

by the way,.. this means you agree that no one can know wether or not the other person does know what he or she is talking about? so you say I am right?

it´s obvious you dont want answer.. whoever who expects an answer of Why god doesnt answer is truly.. well i better dont say it.

and because you had agreed with other people when they say you are not in fact looking for answers but more to make people think beyond dogmatic structures of thinking, and that this questions were rethorical...

Originally Posted by glow_inthe_dark_girl

Chuckle, chuckle. You claimed that I, Snow, didn't want answers. Since I am the ONLY ONE that really knows what I want, I can factually determine that you are wrong. You can only surmise. I definitively KNOW.....

so now you think Im right?' cool

Guest missingsomething

AMEN !!!:animatedidea:

Finally, someone else gets it.

definately dont think it would have been defended like it has... and I recall when I first joined responding to someone who asked a gospel question - a person sent me a msg saying dont respond to anti-mormons as its a waste of time (by the way all I did was bear my testimony as they had asked a general question like do you believe joseph saw god-can you prove it). And just after I responded it was closed...

I searched for it but I couldnt find it.

BUT I guess this served some purpose... I learned a TON about some people and their views :) So, for me... not pointless :)