Men, the Gender Wars Are Over--We Won

Just_A_Guy

Truly a pyrrhic victory -- especially for those of us who have only ever slept with our wives.

I don't understand--you should have had no problem finding a willing body given millions of women were so credulous they bought into this evil named feminism, which supposedly included the belief they should sleep around with anyone they wanted to.

Apparently none of them wanted to? :P

Elphaba

Edited by Elphaba

I don't understand--you should have had no problem finding a willing body given millions of women were so credulous they bought into this evil named feminism, which supposedly included the belief they should sleep around with anyone they wanted to.

Apparently none of them wanted to? :P

Elphaba

Unbelievably enough -- and I am the first to admit it's hard to believe -- there are any number of women who would happily give me carnal knowledge of themselves for the asking. If I wished to do so, I could fornicate with women (and men) until my Fornicator fell off. The availability of "free" and "easy" sex astonishes me.

That article made me sad from its truthfulness. I would gladly give up my breadwinning role to become a full-time wife and mother. But that is not an option for me. My husband doesn't have time to work, let alone find a job. Not with all the PhotoShop contests and media threads that require his full and undivided attention.

I am liberated. Hear me weep.

That article made me sad from its truthfulness. I would gladly give up my breadwinning role to become a full-time wife and mother. But that is not an option for me. My husband doesn't have time to work, let alone find a job. Not with all the PhotoShop contests and media threads that require his full and undivided attention.

I am liberated. Hear me weep.

Feminism never insisted women should go to work so men didn't have to. It was always, and is still, all about equal opportunities.

Your husband is shirking his responsibilities, and feminists are not to blame for that. He is.

Elphaba

The amazing thing, really, is how easy it was, how fast the old world of obligation and responsibility dissolved. The first, crucial step, of course, was convincing women that they had it bad, that our jobs were “intellectually stimulating” and not the soul-crushing monotony that they in fact were.

I don't know. I like this quote because anytime i hear someone talk about how "old fashioned" the church is, expecting mothers to stay home, I think about the monotony that is work. At the same time having lived on both sides of the fence, I don't think you can truly understand the other side until you have been in their shoes and I know their are things gained and lost working or staying at home.

Edited by hordak

PajamasMedia rejected advertising my wife's book, because they considered it "too racy". I wonder if they would reject the 2nd. It's not near as racy as the first, but it's by no means tame.

I had absolutely the best reply to this but I can't post it. Being that dumb animal called woman, whose out-of-control sexuality was released and runs rampant to this day, thanks to feminism, (I wish!), I wrote words that would get me in trouble. But oh, what I had was sooo good.

Gwen, you know me. Pity me. :P

Elphaba

I had absolutely the best reply to this but I can't post it. Being that dumb animal called woman, whose out-of-control sexuality was released and runs rampant to this day, thanks to feminism, (I wish!), I wrote words that would get me in trouble. But oh, what I had was sooo good.

Elphaba

Ten-miler Elphaba --> Help! Lib man eater!

Unbelievably enough -- and I am the first to admit it's hard to believe -- there are any number of women who would happily give me carnal knowledge of themselves for the asking. If I wished to do so, I could fornicate with women (and men) until my Fornicator fell off. The availability of "free" and "easy" sex astonishes me.

Good thing you have your tranquilizer darts and electric fence to hold these wild women at bay. As Fiannan alway's said, they like their older men with spandex waistbands and pocket protectors.

Good thing you have your tranquilizer darts and electric fence to hold these wild women at bay. As Fiannan alway's said, they like their older men with spandex waistbands and pocket protectors.

So far, none has tried to initiate uninvited physical contact. But in all seriousness, I fear for my sons.

If we won, why don't I feel better?

Oh, please. You are surrounded by a bevy of intelligent, witty and beautiful women. Most of all, they are strong. I am in awe of how strong they are--seriously.

You've "won" more than most anyone I know, and deservedly so. You have everything that matters, and I can't wait until Christmas to see each and every one of them. I wish everyone could hit the jackpot like you did!

Sis

Elphaba

send it to me in email...lol :lol:

So far, none has tried to initiate uninvited physical contact. But in all seriousness, I fear for my sons.

In all seriousness, I fear for my daughter and your sons. The rising generation and the one after have a very hard road ahead of them, morality-wise.

However, in defense of feminism...

The time before wasn't that great either. There may have been less rampant sex but, and this is important, women were called upon to do most of the same stuff they do now (home and earn money) but with less pay and less legal protections in the workplace. At least now there is some expectation the head male in the house will wash dishes and a woman won't get fired for getting pregnant :P