Bush Makes Me So Mad!

Winnie G

Nov. 1: President Bush put Congress and the nation on the alert for a possible bird flu pandemic, asking for more than $7 billion in emergency funding for stockpiling vaccine. NBC's Bob Kur reports.

MSNBC

I only have a question: Why has it taken Bush to November to ask for the money to stock pile flu vaccine? Is this news to him? :angry:

Now his asks “$7 billion in emergency funding for stockpiling vaccine”

NOW HE ASKS :angry:

Since I live in Canada and I watch from afar but still receive the same news broadcasts the US gets.

All of my US relatives have yet to receive their shot.

Is this a wait and see attitude?

Manitoba were I live announced bird flu has reached Manitoba yesterday.

The federal government announced months ago that Canada would have all the vaccine Canadians would need and an emergency heath care plane has been in place for years incase of a flu pandemic.

Yes I have had my shot every one in my family over the age of two has also been vaccinated.

The front page of the base newspaper a month ago had the headline,

“This is a year every one should have the flu shot”. By order of the Base Surgeon”

When I hear my mother say, she cannot get a shot I want to scream so loaded that Bush hears me in his sleep. Her health is so poor the flu hack a cold could kill her.

Moreover, No you cannot get the flu from the shot. (Base Surgeon)

I take it bombs and bullets and oil is more in Bush’s thoughts.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually there is no vaccine for the bird flu, as it has not adapted to a bird-to-man strain, so it is impossible to make one yet. The US has been working on the problem since early 2004, but no real vaccine can be made until the actual flu exists. Bush wants to stockpile Tamiflu, in case it is effective against the avian flu.

So NO ONE has had a "bird flu" vaccine shot because they don't exist yet. The only vaccine being given now is a regular flu shot.

Tamiflu, which is what we received this last month, for free as well.

My son called today he forgot his heath care number at home, the collage is doing a flu shot clinic at lunch. He was the last to receive his shot.

I would like to know why two years in a row the government here somehow has enough and the US does not? Canada shipped flu vaccine to the states last year leaving Canadians short.

Canadians have been told not this year every one who wishes to receive a shot can.

The US is the is called greatest most powerful country in the world and yet is it left scrambling at the beginning of the flu session?

It is the closes we can get to at lest fight off the Flu. There for if a pandemic hits we have a fighting chance. It is the best that can be done for now.

It was announced yesterday that birds tested in Manitoba have tested positive for bird flu.

I told my mother and other family members that they should write and ask why the government leaves the home front issues on the back burning and left to scrambling now?

It does not hurt that the center of infectious diseases is in Winnipeg.

As far as I can see, the US is not "scrambling"; they simply have announced new steps to prepare for the Avian Flu.

Regular flu shots are going as usual in my area, and the governemtn says anyone who wants one can get one.

Federal and state health officials are urging anyone who wants a flu shot to get one.  Flu shot clinics around the area are now offering shots to anyone who requests one.

"There's no reason for anyone to delay or go without flu vaccine," U.S. Secretary of Health andHuman Services Mike Leavitt said in a conference call with reporters.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/dailyreview/l...news/ci_3149182

As for US supplies, lawsuits have put US vaccine manufacturers out of business.

Originally posted by Winnie G@Nov 1 2005, 02:32 PM

The US is the is called greatest most powerful country in the world and yet is it left scrambling at the beginning of the flu session?

Winnie - Maybe you are confusing Bush's concerns for protection against the avian flu and pandemic flu's (ie Spanish flu) with the yearly winter strains. From this article it appears the States are prepared for regular flu season:

Officials predict plenty of flu vaccine this year

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051025/hl_nm/influenza_dc

M.

Go troops

What’s that got to do with the flu?

You don’t have to tell me that.

The battalions on base were I live is in Afghanistan right now with more to be deployed in February.

Winnie - Maybe you are confusing Bush's concerns for protection against the avian flu and pandemic flu's (ie Spanish flu) with the yearly winter strains. From this article it appears the States are prepared for regular flu season:

MSN is reporting a different storythis morning:

President Bush put Congress and the nation on the alert for a possible bird flu pandemic, asking for more than $7 billion in emergency funding for stockpiling vaccine. NBC's Bob Kur reports.

MSNBC

7 billion for emergency funding?

There should never be waiting time and then ask?????

This should have been covered last year when there was a shortage.

Does Bush only think 6 months at a time?

I had a step father who used eggs as a analogy “that’s four dozen eggs”!

Does Bush see things in barrels of oil in production?

I ask the members of the board to remember that the lives of the men serving their county is never in doubt. I have lost a father and the mind of a brother to war in the 60’s and 70’s.

Then I married in to the military.

Just because my opinion is different about Bush does not make me anti troops.

There will never be a doubt.

Originally posted by Winnie G@Nov 1 2005, 12:22 PM

Nov. 1: President Bush put Congress and the nation on the alert for a possible bird flu pandemic, asking for more than $7 billion in emergency funding for stockpiling vaccine. NBC's Bob Kur reports.

MSNBC

I only have a question: Why has it taken Bush to November to ask for the money to stock pile flu vaccine? Is this news to him? :angry:

Since I live in Canada and I watch from afar but still receive the same news broadcasts the US gets.

The federal government announced months ago that Canada would have all the vaccine Canadians would need and an emergency heath care plane has been in place for years incase of a flu pandemic.

Yes I have had my shot every one in my family over the age of two has also been vaccinated.

“This is a year every one should have the flu shot”. By order of the Base Surgeon”

When I hear my mother say, she cannot get a shot I want to scream so loaded that Bush hears me in his sleep. Her health is so poor the flu hack a cold could kill her.

LOL you crack me up. You know the very second the US is translated to Heaven everyone in Canada is going to become Islamic Extreamist...cause you're all taking THE REGULAR FLU SHOT and not looking at security and the well being of the world as a whole in the long run.

BLAME CANADA BLAME CANADA ..THERE'RE NOT EVEN A REAL COUNTRY ANYWAY!!

You guys cant even let go of Great Brittian's nipple. :lol:

PS not judging all Canadians. Just a lot of them. :sparklygrin:

Originally posted by Winnie G@Nov 1 2005, 04:30 PM

7 billion for emergency funding?

There should never be waiting time and then ask?????

This should have been covered last year when there was a shortage.

Does Bush only think 6 months at a time?

This is not about the shortage of flu vaccine from last year. We have plenty of flu vaccine, and have been told that anyone who wants a flu shot can have one.

This is about the concern about the avian flu, which we've been working on for some time. He's asking for further funds to prepare for it.

never said you were anti soldiers, my father serves as well, but if someone is anti bush wouldn't that make them anti war too? and the flu shot thing, dont run around like a chicken with it's head cut off, he is trying to get funding to make sure we can come up with a vacine. the regular flu shot just came out for this year so schedule an appt. it will be ok. Nice thoughts there seth lol

Guest Taoist_Saint

Hmm...

If I am anti-Bush and anti-war...but also anti-Democrat...anti-Republican...anti-UN...anti-Communism...anti-Capitalism...anti-Islam...anti-Christian...and anti-just-about-everything-else-in-this-world-that-has-proven-to-be-a-miserable-failure...

...but consider myself "pro-truth"...

...am I being unreasonable?

After all, I see it as waiting for the one true ideology...when it is discovered.

Until then...they can all go to Hell.

:sparklygrin:

Ok you can run around pounding your chests sounding off on how good the USA is and wrap your self in Bush the grate leader, but that fact is other new agencies are reporting Bush screwed up again this year and has not covered his hinny by good planning.

I Love the US every person in my family mother brothers sister and aunts, uncles, and so many cousins they could form a small county live in the lower forty-eight.

Way is it that such a grate country like the USA in all honesty cant get flu shots to those who need it?

If you have $$$ you can get it, but to those who live on little to no medical coverage have to beg to get it.

I want you to remember those of you on the board that could not get a flu shot for a medically fragile relative last year. ???

Think back all of you about the long lines of elderly passing out and dragging along their own lawn chairs to stand in the heat to get a free flu shot. Americans who most likely voted for Bush even died in those lines.

I am angry because those in my family are doing it all over again this year and then I read and watch the news and it is being reported now he is seeking money to just now stockpile!

It just seems to me that a county as rich and powerful as the United States cannot reach out to the one in dire need, those with out heath coverage.

Do not even get started in Medicare and Medicaid my sick and dieing mother is only allowed nine months of Taracba and that she had to fill out forms to ask to be a cases study by the drug company. Why is it that our loved ones are held at ransom because by governments and drug companies.

Oh they can get their meds but don’t eat or have a roof over your head.

Let’s not forget winter is coming meds or heat????

Canada can do what it does by what is called sin tax, that’s why a pack of cigarettes costs over 10.00 dollars and a case of beer 20.00 +. Every sin tax goes to heath care and med coverage for those on low incomes.

Flu clinics have been on going for weeks were I live. No long line ups and don’t say its because Canada has a lower population, the Millions that live in Toronto have not been standing in lines.

I really want Bush to explain to me why my mother and elderly relatives have to beg and stand in lines! Why my nieces and nephews who’s families cant afford heath care cant afford to get one. I walked in to my doctors office and asked if I could get my flu shot and they said sure you can do it now if you like. That the walk in clinic was giving them.

I sat for five minutes and that was that. My mother cant get one she is told its part shortage and poor planning. I want BUSH TO EXSPLAN WHY!

PS! Being Anti Bush does not make you supportive of our troops. So BUG OFF!

wow sounds a little testy, you say being anti bush does not make you supportive of our troops? isnt that what i was asking you? Second of all you do have a poi8nt im sick of the insurance crap we have here and something NEEDS to be done about it beacsue so many people fall through the cracks and im sick of it, But do i want someone telling me who i can get medical care from and be on a waiting list? no. So I dunno what they need to do but people can't afford good insurance and a lot of it is beacsue of all the people suiing dr's butts off.

Guest Taoist_Saint

Originally posted by dizzysmiles@Nov 1 2005, 07:30 PM

so does that mean your anti yourself and anti family? and if they all go to hell wouldn't that include them? what do you believe in?  and no don't tell me the old atheist thing." i believe in myself" my ex used to say that tell he converted.

I believe in parts of Deism, Taoism and Buddhism for a start. I believe in compassion and love. I love my family. I hate politics. that is all I meant.

Sorry if that sounded offensive, but I really hate politics.

I probably didn't really mean what I said above...I tend to exaggerate :)

Tried that $ for my mother is free or no shot. the cancer meds that she does not get from the drug company still comes out of her pocket.

The nurse from the hospice took my mother out the other day and bought her a blanket out of her own pocket.

I hate the way she has to be treated.

I don’t care what they say there is little to no dignity in dieing. If this Tarsceva drug works it only is a stop gap and when her 9 months is up that’s it.

I hate to say this but the flu would be less painful and faster then cancer.

Winnie im sorry for your sorrow, and yes that would be hard and totally understand why you are frustrated, When it comes to MEdical stuff here in the USA i am screaming out loud that we need help and fast, people without money who are falling in the cracks dont get crap. my aunt had a heartattack and the EMT's wouldn't revive her beacsue she didnt have insurance. Its a nutcase and ive written to the bush adminstration to do something about it fast. expessailly when people have these small buisness they can't provide insurance and we dont have money to pay for it alone. i think that is why a lot of people are on on medicaid and why people go bankrupt they get med expenses Huge too pay for.

Taoist_Saint I really hate politics too but I love the way I can love the way I can walk in to the aria’s Member of Parliament office and talk to him face to face.

On C-pan every day, the parliament sessions are live. Canadians can see what is going on and who is doing it. I love the fact Canadians can call a vote of non-confidence and kick out of office their Prim Minster if needs be.

That is real power. The idea of waiting for a term of office to get a leader out is crazy. At lest to me anyways.

I truly believe their all liars and thieves and in bed with special interest groups.

Their not into politics for the grater good, Its all power!

For those of you that fallow any new other then US you would know that Canada is just now receiving the report on the sponsorship scandal.

You have to be a fool in Canada to get in bed with a special interest group.

PS: my mother called just now she received her flu shot, the hospice nurse brought one to her.

My mother says she knows she paid for it herself

Thank you for your remarks dizzysmiles, it shows others can see were Im comeing from. Why cant the US have sin taxes to pay for heath care for those who can not afford it. Does a illness bankrupts lives?

I like to ask Bush what he gets out of the drug company’s and the special interest groups that owe heath care and hold it by the gonads (sorry if that offends you) But it is true.

The government should be held accountable for this.

Originally posted by Winnie G@Nov 1 2005, 11:22 AM

MSNBC

Geeze,

Buy a clue Winnie.

You got vaccinated for for a regular influenza strain. The emergency request for funds is for the bird flu. The US is no worse prepared than any other country and is better prepared than most. It wouldn't help to stockpile vaccines earlier because there weren't any vaccines earlier. First they have to isolate the strain and they manufacture the vaccines - there's a long lead time.

Originally posted by Winnie G@Nov 1 2005, 01:32 PM

Tamiflu, which is what we received this last month, for free as well.

My son called today he forgot his heath care number at home,  the collage is doing a flu shot clinic at lunch. He was the last to receive his shot.

Egads,

Buy another clue.

Tamiflu is treatment you get once you already have the flu. I don't believe that you got it last month.

The US government has a long standing order for Tamiflu with the Swiss manufacturer Roche. What's it matter to you what method of payment the US makes and when they make the appropriation available.

There ought to be some sort of rule that you can't spout off unless you have at least a mere inkling of what you are attempting to talk about.

Originally posted by Outshined@Nov 1 2005, 02:37 PM

As for US supplies, lawsuits have put US vaccine manufacturers out of business.

Very good point Outshined.... A lot of times it's our own people who screw us over ...others just don't see the aftermath of what actually happens.

Winnie...I understand your anguish about your mother, and it is a shame that some get ill treated within the system. You can thank the thousand of "regular" people who have made it that way with their petty lawsuits and yelling "discriminatory" after every little thing.

It's our country...gotta love it ...faults and all...and I'm sure every country has em.

Edited: you said NEWS reporting this and that.....eeeee gads Winnie! Might as well ask a third grader his take on the issues within the country.

Let me ask....you get BBC or their affiliates right? I rest my case. :)