Hello

theophilus

I've been lurking around this site for some time.

I am Catholic. I have no intention on converting anyone and no intention on being converted.

I enjoy talking about theology with people other than Catholics, but just about every Protestant site I've found has banned me once I announce my Catholicism.

I've been surrounded by Mormons my entire life; most of my high school friends were Mormon, my best man was a Mormon. I have a lot of admiration for LDS members, though I find its theology a bit off.

With your acceptance, I'd like to respectfully participate in the discussions.

Thanks

theophilus, welcome to the site! I think friendly discussions of the gospel is always edifying and your viewpoints are certainly welcome here. I too was Catholic most of my life and am grateful for my upbringing in the Catholic faith. It served as a great foundation for me. I would like to invite you to hear my story hear if you have a few minute:

Thanks, RREN.

I wasn't raised Catholic though. I was an anti-Catholic evangelical type, got a BA in biblical studies from an evangelical university. Was a minister for a little while in [Removed personal info for security] There, now we both got each other's testimony!:D I honestly am glad you are happy now as well.

I'm hear to learn more about LDS theology, not to be a problem in any way, and to possibly respond to incorrect assumptions about the Catholic Church that I've seen over the months here (not just from Mormons). I'll mostly be invisible.

There is a lot we agree on. On those grounds, let's have fun!

Edited by theophilus
removed personal info for security

I've been lurking around this site for some time.

I am Catholic. I have no intention on converting anyone and no intention on being converted.

I enjoy talking about theology with people other than Catholics, but just about every Protestant site I've found has banned me once I announce my Catholicism.

I've been surrounded by Mormons my entire life; most of my high school friends were Mormon, my best man was a Mormon. I have a lot of admiration for LDS members, though I find its theology a bit off.

Thanks

Welcome, Theophilus.

Vanhin

Welcome.

So officially:

Welcome to LDS.net. You will find here an ecclectic mix of LDS and some non-members. While the site is dedicated to the Gospel, and to promoting the Church to a world that often does not understand us, we also make room for conversations about current events, and about social and cultural practices within the Church. If your main desire is to learn about the Church, consider starting with the "Learn About Mormonism" forums. For more advanced teachings, that will often include a variety of perspectives, some non-LDS, consider the Gospel section of forums.

While you are welcome to all main sections, be aware this site makes room for a variety of opinions and personalities. Some posters can be passionate about their views, and occasionally more so about them than about the souls of visitors. If you find something particularly offensive, feel free to make a report by clicking the appropriate tab.

Welcome to the site. Hope you have a nice stay.

You sound like this is a hotel. Should we give him turn down service and a mint on his pillow??:D

Welcome Theo. All these multi-demoninational (the respectful ones) conversations are really wonderful. Thanks for your willingness to come and participate.

Theo, if you really are respectful, I think you will find yourself welcomed whole-heartedly here. Some of our most respected list members are not LDS, but have mastered the art of agreeable disagreement and respect for LDS beliefs that they don't hold.