Imagine Dragons - Smok'n Hot

Snow

Yesterday I went to Las Vegas (from So. Cal) to see a Las Vegas band, Imagine Dragons, play at a local club.

WOW!

They are a group of 5 musicians, 4 of them LDS and do some very, very good music. Their level of musicality is very high, they have a nice pop sensibility (catchy melodies) but with a lot of rock and synth vibrancy.

Their front man is a returned missionary named Dan Reynolds and puts on quite a show. They are related in some way to the Killers (family, friends, management) to The Killers whose front man is also LDS. A couple of them are still enrolled in school at BYU

I mention all this because it could well be that they make the big time in the next half year and it's fun to become a fan before anybody else. They have a self-produced EP with some great music - I bought one at the show but I have to say that it fails to capture the power of the live show - still good though.

Review:

Las Vegas Weekly : Imagine Dragons

Imagine Dragons

They play in Las Vegas and Los Angeles if you want to catch a show.

I just listened to a few of their songs they have at their website. I like the song Cover Up. I could get into this band.

Yes - that's a good one. I was so surprised when they started the first song. It sounded so good I thought it must of been a cover of Cold Play or U2.

Yesterday I went to Las Vegas (from So. Cal) to see a Las Vegas band, Imagine Dragons, play at a local club.

WOW!

They are a group of 5 musicians, 4 of them LDS and do some very, very good music. Their level of musicality is very high, they have a nice pop sensibility (catchy melodies) but with a lot of rock and synth vibrancy.

Their front man is a returned missionary named Dan Reynolds and puts on quite a show. They are related in some way to the Killers (family, friends, management) to The Killers whose front man is also LDS. A couple of them are still enrolled in school at BYU

I mention all this because it could well be that they make the big time in the next half year and it's fun to become a fan before anybody else. They have a self-produced EP with some great music - I bought one at the show but I have to say that it fails to capture the power of the live show - still good though.

Review:

Las Vegas Weekly : Imagine Dragons

Imagine Dragons

They play in Las Vegas and Los Angeles if you want to catch a show.

You came to Vegas and you didn't even stop to say hi?! Only joking. They are awesome.

You came to Vegas and you didn't even stop to say hi?! Only joking. They are awesome.

What can I say - I'm anti-social.

There was another band at the venue called 100 Monkeys who are fronted by the guy that plays the vampire Jasper in Twilight movies. It could be my personal taste but I don't think there were in the same league as Imagine Dragons.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 1 year later...