G'day from downunder

need4peace

:newbie:

I am looking forward to finding my way around this site and conversing with fellow members of the Church and learning and sharing as I go.

I am the only member in my town and live just over an hour away from the nearest chapel. I love it here and enjoy church/the gospel so much that the trip is worth the time it takes to meet with fellow Saints and take the Sacrament.

:bye:

Good morning... I mean hello and welcome glad to see you here! I hope you will enjoy the site!

Good E've from Up Top (That doesn't work as well as when I lived in Alaska, where's Maya?).

Come on Dravin, give me a break, I am not "down under" only halfway there... that was around 5am here Mayas deep in sleep that hour :P

(usually I am up at 6.15 am)

So officially:

Welcome to LDS.net. You will find here an ecclectic mix of LDS and some non-members. While the site is dedicated to the Gospel, and to promoting the Church to a world that often does not understand us, we also make room for conversations about current events, and about social and cultural practices within the Church. If your main desire is to learn about the Church, consider starting with the "Learn About Mormonism" forums. For more advanced teachings, that will often include a variety of perspectives, some non-LDS, consider the Gospel section of forums.

While you are welcome to all main sections, be aware this site makes room for a variety of opinions and personalities. Some posters can be passionate about their views, and occasionally more so about them than about the souls of visitors. If you find something particularly offensive, feel free to make a report by clicking the appropriate tab.

Come on Dravin, give me a break, I am not "down under" only halfway there... that was around 5am here Mayas deep in sleep that hour

(usually I am up at 6.15 am)

I was talking about how Norway is up north like Alaska is, being closer to the North Pole or Top of the World, thus "Up Top." Far as I know you are our northernmost member.

G’day friends

I must say I have enjoyed reading your comments about down-under, up-over, up-above etc – It is nice to hear from other Aussie’s too from all around the world. I just love being an Aussie because of the humour in our slang, nicknames and the ability to laugh at ourselves.

I would like to share a few of my favourite videos that capture the beauty, and the terror of the wide brown land I so love. Links below

The songs accompanying the scenes depict the Aussie spirit that makes the island continent so unique.

Enjoy

A verse from my favourite poem

“My Country” by Dorothea Mackellar

I love a sunburnt country,

A land of sweeping plains,

Of ragged mountain ranges,

Of droughts and flooding rains.

I love her far horizons;

I love her jewel-sea,

Her beauty and her terror -

The wide brown land for me!

Dorothea Mackellar :: Home

Land Downunder

Sounds of Then - This is Australia

Australian Children's Song - True Blue Wonders

We are Australian

I still call Australia Home

wow, the only member in town? That is cool. I thought I had it rough being the only member in my family. Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome,

I must admit it can be a bit daunting especially when I need a Priesthood blessing etc but I am not too far away from a chapel & other members. There are others who live further away than an hour and a half so it could be worse.

Like you I am an only member and hear what you had to say about being 'rough'.

I would love to have family prayer, gospel chats etc with family in my home and I guess you would feel the same. One day - who knows? I don't feel alone though because I know I am not alone.