Hello. I'm Bruce.

BDRichardson

That's a quote from Finding Nemo. But that is my name. I am here. (Drum roll, please).

My, what a big population you have here. Well. I'm Mormon. Not grossly so, but mostly so. Fairly conservative, according to Kirby standards, borderline liberal. Looking forward to getting to know folks here. For some reason I didn't think the Church had this (and I guess it's not "official" although it looks somewhat official), and tried to start my own group at yahoo. Never too many members. Today I decided to look around and I saw this big palace on the horizon and came to look.

Yay. So, where's the mouthpieces and boxing gloves? I'm ready...

That's a joke. Sarcasm and tone is difficult to detect in text, isn't it? I'm not a smiley-icon kind of guy either.

Anyway. That's me ranting for a few.

Later,

BDR

I'm not that clever. And I didn't have that reference in mind. I just saw hundreds of thousands of posts (threads?), and figured there would be lots of people to meet and mingle and combat with. Not that I like combat or anything. Just kidding. Discuss. That's what I meant. In all honesty, I love questions. "No witness until after the trial of your faith." Right?

But if it IS a G&SB then ... sweet! Not really, but you said it would be observant of me to realize this. Why do you say that? Enlighten me... is it?

Welcome to our nuthouse.

All I ask is that you don't bring me down, Bruce.

I can finally see your new avatar! I haven't been able to see it until now.

Oh, and welcome Bruce! I don't normally visit the intro forum (just because I don't), but I saw the thread title and picked up on it being from Nemo, so I came to see if that was deliberate or not.

Wingnut: I'm a movie quote monger. I live for it. Few ever pick up on it, I usually have to spell it out. Congrats! I'm glad I attracted some like thinker(s). I'll make a note in your chart (that notion is from Seinfeld).

I'm not necessarily a movie quote monger, but I do have a 20-month-old. I know Nemo. I know Nemo, Cars, Jonah and the Whale (Veggie Tales), The Incredibles, Chicken Little, Aladdin, Little Mermaid, and I'm getting to know Up.

I should really think of some other extra-curriculars to do.

All good flicks. Incredibles is definitely a 4-star movie. Quote it all the time. Most kids shows are way better than most grown up shows. My friend and I recently had a conversation which included "Handy dandy notebook." That's just wrong. But ... what do you do?

You've got no extra-curricular time for at least 8-12 years. And then just a bit. Unless you have more kids, then they start to entertain each other (what ARE they doing down there???)... oh! gotta go!!! ;)

But if it IS a G&SB then ... sweet! Not really, but you said it would be observant of me to realize this. Why do you say that? Enlighten me... is it?

Open with me, if you will , to 1 Nephi, Chapter 8.....

*pauses while y'all flip, and snickers at Beefche who's trying to turn paper thin pages with her hooves and Pam who can't lift her BIG print edition*

..... verse 27.

Speaking of the G&SB.net:

"And it was filled with people (√), both old (√√√) and young (√), both male (√) and female (√), [and some who still have yet to create a thread to announce their gender (√)]; and their manner of dress was exceedingly fine (√ one word - beefkini?); and they were in the attitude of mocking (√) and pointing their fingers towards those who had come (√)..."

Again, welcome! ;)

(no making fun of my sq root check marks... MOE!)

That's a quote from Finding Nemo. But that is my name. I am here. (Drum roll, please).

My, what a big population you have here. Well. I'm Mormon. Not grossly so, but mostly so. Fairly conservative, according to Kirby standards, borderline liberal. Looking forward to getting to know folks here. For some reason I didn't think the Church had this (and I guess it's not "official" although it looks somewhat official), and tried to start my own group at yahoo. Never too many members. Today I decided to look around and I saw this big palace on the horizon and came to look.

Yay. So, where's the mouthpieces and boxing gloves? I'm ready...

That's a joke. Sarcasm and tone is difficult to detect in text, isn't it? I'm not a smiley-icon kind of guy either.

Anyway. That's me ranting for a few.

Later,

BDR

Hello Bruce, and welcome. I am very sorry that you never knew your father.