hey ...im shanon

shan_lds

thanks :) trying my hardest but since getting baptised felt abit neglected dont have anyone :( family hate it because im now a mornon so they dont talk much, elders dont meet with me much now im baptised, and noone in church talks so it feels wierd.

Totaly- i know exactly what you mean.

heres an idea on breaking the ice and becoming more comfortable with all these polite strangers: ask the relife society president about your visiting teachers, mention home teachers too.(not part of her job, but she'd know who to talk to)

welcome to the site.

edited to add:

oh your younger, i supose the young womens pres is more who yoou should speak to. and find out about semanary. there should be lots of youth activities, at least 2 a month i think. the key is staying informed and being involved.

Edited by lydlou

Totaly- i know exactly what you mean.

heres an idea on breaking the ice and becoming more comfortable with all these polite strangers: ask the relife society president about your visiting teachers, mention home teachers too.(not part of her job, but she'd know who to talk to)

another idea would be to check see if thers an institute class nereby, then you could studdy the gosple and make friends at the same time.

welcome to the site.

in the meantime come and chat here. :)

Welcome Shannon. Goncrats of the babtizement, taht was great that you did it! I too am a convert. Yes it can get boring adn it can be difficult when now that you are a member misionaries dont come any more and the family... but it is important for you to attend no matter what! It may take some time before you "get in the crowd". Remember to go to all those monthly or weekly assemblies ... I am sure that after a while you will get in the business again! You know the one with horns tries to bring us down... but we wont let him!

So officially:

Welcome to LDS.net. You will find here an ecclectic mix of LDS and some non-members. While the site is dedicated to the Gospel, and to promoting the Church to a world that often does not understand us, we also make room for conversations about current events, and about social and cultural practices within the Church. If your main desire is to learn about the Church, consider starting with the "Learn About Mormonism" forums. For more advanced teachings, that will often include a variety of perspectives, some non-LDS, consider the Gospel section of forums.

While you are welcome to all main sections, be aware this site makes room for a variety of opinions and personalities. Some posters can be passionate about their views, and occasionally more so about them than about the souls of visitors. If you find something particularly offensive, feel free to make a report by clicking the appropriate tab.

:) thanks ...some times wonder why i have become a member but glad im baptised thats the main point, things suck since getting baptised :( but ahh well its all good

Aww! Shan, I'm sorry for you. You are awesome.

I went through much the same thing when I first joined. Things can get rough and we're all going to be tested.

Just know you're strong enough to handle anything, that you have a great amount of courage to be the first to join in your family and that the future will be great for you. :)

PS: Go England! I moved here from Canada. We UK Mormons will be ruling this site, soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I can totally relate to you. I didn't have friends when I joined the church so often sat alone. My family also hated that I joined the church. Stick with it! It will get better and God will bless you. You can hear my conversion story here if you have a few minutes to spare: