Lilith - Adams First Wife! The First Feminist.

Onhech

I can't help but wonder why Lilith seems to be such a celebrated figure. She was created, commanded to be a companion to (or subservient to, whatever) Adam, and refused and left the Garden. So she's this great pillar of womanhood because she disobeyed God?

Hmmm... I read about Lilith a while back a couple of years ago. Only fleeting scriptures can be used to try to justify what is written in Genesis and what is written in other ancient books. There is a scripture saying Eve/Adam is many, or over many, etc. I dont remember the scripture, but it is in Genesis/Pearl of Great Price. Perhaps the "many" can be referenced to other women? I will look it up at another time.

Of course, I dont believe in Lilith at all, but I can see some to try to reconcile the two sources.

I've always wondered if Lilith wasn't a spirit only female that played some role, much like Lucifer, but was misunderstood because little was written. It seems logical that if Lucifer was allowed in the Garden of Eden that a female would have been as well.

I don't know, of course, but as far as having physical bodies, Adam and Eve were the first man and woman born on this earth. I don't know where Lilith fits in, or if she was even real. I happen to think she was, but her role and person have been misunderstood, much like Mary Magdalene.

Well, I think most posters here are misunderstanding Lilith as she is depicted in the ancient sources. The only connection she has to Adam in those is that she came to him at night and caused nocturnal emissions. The whole 'first Eve' thing comes into play later.