Things of The Past!

Bini

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss the sit down KFC restaurants.

You don't have these any more? To my knowledge, nearly all of our KFC restaurants are eat in. Admittedly, room in them seems to get smaller with each new restaurant though.

school desks with ink wells

My primary school was a little old fashioned. It was a very old building with very old furniture (think hogwarts style). All of the desks has ink wells, not that we had any use for them any more. I think most people used them as a place to stash ABC chewing gum :no: This was in the 1990's. Anyway, in 2007 I went back there because the school was due to close for a number of different reasons, and discovered they still had these same desks that I was using as a child, with the ink wells. It was quite a nostalgic visit.

TV shows with real theme songs. Any of them any more just have some classic pop or rock song they use. Think of the old tv shows and how we remember their individuality in the theme songs and could sing along.

Hawaii 5-0 is coming back, and the original theme is at least in the promos. I remember when every high school band used to have that in their repertoire.

OK here's some more I've thought of..

• Smoking on airplanes banned in 1987. I still remember sitting in plane seats with ashtrays in the arms that hadn't been cleaned out, at least, thoroughly enough.

• Ice cream trucks. Still around. Just not that common, popular or trusted anymore :[

I miss chicken fried steaks and chicken pot pies being served in mom and pop-type cafés in Salt Lake.

I miss the sit down KFC restaurants.

The First ever KFC was in Salt Lake City (state street) and was a restraint (called Corneal Sander’s) . It was a very popular place to eat when visiting SLC.

The Traveler