Need Strength

Elgama

My life is taking its usual pattern and has got really crazy again. Not sure why both major issues that are consuming my life right now always kick off at the same time.

What helps you through these times? I am so close to having nothing left to give spiritually.

Hi Elgama. I'm sorry that you are going through some hard times, not sure how to help without knowing what's happening to you but sometimes all I need when I am going through really hard times is to cry, pour out my heart to Heavenly Father and talk about it with a loved one.

I'm needing something to make me smile or something spiritually enlightening. The things happening are too much to explain,,,, I guess scriptures, songs, sayings etc don't have to be religious just something to help today I have been feeling really weird and black like something is wrong somewhere and I don't know why I feel that way its not usual for me to.

My life is taking its usual pattern and has got really crazy again. Not sure why both major issues that are consuming my life right now always kick off at the same time.

What helps you through these times? I am so close to having nothing left to give spiritually.

My wife has been my support through my worse times. Her words of encouragement have always been my greatest support. Usually she tells me that I was born to get through the storm we are having and that no one is better at facing such things than I am - then she assures me that she will always support and stand with me.

I realize that not everyone has a wonderful supportive spouse like mine - and if they do not have such strength supporting them - then they should be that strength for those they love. Somebody in your life is worth getting through this - who ever it is. Do it for them - there may not be anyone else - be their rock. Thank you for your support to me.

And in the end there will be just one set of foot prints in the sand where Christ carried you when there was none other.

The Traveler

Elgama: I’m so sorry to hear you so down today :(.

I can tell you my favorite scripture story to read when I’m having a hard day, but it is a little strange…

Nehemiah chapters 2-4, and chapter 6 to verse 15.

This is Nehemiah’s version of “Lehi’s Dream” in my opinion… except the iron rod in this story is symbolized by the walls of Jerusalem. The bad guy in the story, Sanballat, tries to discourage Nehemiah from building the walls of the city after they had been destroyed.

Some of my favorite parts is when Nehemiah talks about how each person has their own portion of the wall to work on – just like we each have our own piece of work to do here in this life. There is another part where he talks about how the families and servants worked with one hand while holding their sword and shields in another. I find this imagery exceptionally touching, and very true-to-life.

When Sanballat finally comes to confront Nehemiah, he is saved by staying atop the wall – the most important work of his life, just like Lehi’s family was saved in his dream by clinging to the iron rod.

Elgama, you too have your own work to do, an assignment that is special and unique just for you. Laying such brick is very difficult, especially when you are being bombarded by your enemies. It is very tiring to lay your life’s bricks with one hand while fighting off the enemy with your spiritual sword and shield with the other.

Perhaps reading of Nehemiah’s success doing the same thing will help strengthen you. Hopefully you will find something in his story, as I have and do every time I read it, that will inspire you to find a solution – no matter how slow and laborious – to your funk today.

All of the above are great suggestions. I also wanted to say that I am sorry you are going through tough times. When I read this, I said a prayer for you and will include you in my nightly prayers. Even though at times it may seem that we are alone in our battles, you have many brothers and sisters that love you and want you to succeed. My heart goes out to you, Seminarysnoozer.

I have been feeling really weird and black like something is wrong somewhere and I don't know why I feel that way....

I suffer from depression and bipolar disorder and I feel this way A LOT. You mentioned in your first post that this is a usual pattern. Do you often have these unexplainable ups and downs? Have you ever talked to a doctor about them? I dealt with these feelings for years before I finally received a diagnosis.

I suffer from depression and bipolar disorder and I feel this way A LOT. You mentioned in your first post that this is a usual pattern. Do you often have these unexplainable ups and downs? Have you ever talked to a doctor about them? I dealt with these feelings for years before I finally received a diagnosis.

no its not like that usual pattern is things coming in from outside, the feeling isn't something I normally feel. Right now we are dealing with an antisocial neighbour problem worst my town has seen for 20 years, and my daughter was abused at church, getting priesthood leaders to listen is proving hard.

We have just heard some new information that means church might have been worse than we thought, my fibromyalgia is bad, have all sorts with both situation that happened last 2days