Anyone here going to Glenn Becks 8/28??

dorave

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Urban, I understand the format (and it's laudable to keep history in the forefront - I know it gets short shrift in the school I work in). I was just curious what happened to History that it needs restoring, and how Brother Beck is the one to do it.

Anyone is free to do it. And hats off to those who do so truthfully. Beck realizes the country (and the world today) has some major problems and he believes the answers are in the past to rectify the future.

You should devote some decent time into watching his afternoon show.

All bias aside, what IS going on on 8/28 besides Glenn Beck holding a rally at the Lincoln Memorial?

Wayne Osmonds birthday! :wub: ... sorry K .. aaa maybe better this one: :thrasher:

Ops my Dear Husband is coming.. I better post this fast..

I really liked Beck... to begin with... his conversation story was awesome too bad they tok it off YT . I believe he is right in many things I just wish he had not done a few things the way he did. For us ONE bad move and that will be remembered for ever!

Edited by Maya

I'm not going. I followed Glenn for a long time (~1 1/2 years) after the Obama election to learn about politics. I've learned what I wanted to, so I don't follow him any more. I'm also tired of politics now. I would go, however, if I lived in the area- but I'm not interested enough to spend the money to travel from Colorado to DC.

I do wish him the best. I don't think that a majority of Americans will wake up to his overall message in time- largely because he is a terribly imperfect messenger. We're a nation of fools, methinks, and a fool's reward is heading our way.

Edited by Matthew0059

DW is a huge GB fan.

She feels like he is a modern day Captain Moroni.

We will be there with all of those folks in the heat and humidity.

DW thinks there will be a million people there. I'm guessing at least 100,000... a sizable group... How many were there when Dr. King gave his I have a dream speach?

Hotels there are filling up fast that weekend. We will be staying at a hotel near the Temple.

Edited by Mahonri

DW is a huge GB fan.

She feels like he is a modern day Captain Moroni.

That's how I felt. I might still feel that way, if I started watching him enough to guage the spirit I feel coming from him. ^_^

We can only hope that he'll be as effective as Captain Moroni. Something interesting to think about- Captain Moroni's message had both religious and government themes. As far as I know (not that I've spent time looking), Glenn is the only big-named libertarian pushing a firm belief in GOD as the foundation of our nation right now.

On today's show he talked about how Jefferson and Adams felt that Native Americans came from Jewish ancestry.... pretty interesting.

Some folks might not like how he does it, I'm just grateful he's doing it cuz he's the only one doing it on a national stage.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's just the fact that the history books leave out a whole lot of things, and he tells "The rest of the story" behind the founding fathers and other historical happenings. So it's not exactly a restoration so much as a filling in of the blanks.

Good point, history books usually cover events and emphasize things like people, dates and geography and sometimes human points like struggles and hardship. They usually leave out things like raw sentiment and crying. Glenn Beck helps fill in these blanks and lets us know who we should truly resent in the present day.

Perhaps as a result of a GoogleBombing effort, if you enter "Lincoln Memorial" onto Google Maps right now the pin that turns up on the map goes to the FDR memorial. That location, incidentally, is immediately adjacent to the site of the Martin Luther King Memorial, which is where Al Sharpton's counter-protest will be ending up.

Someone out there is really desperate. ;)

Edited by Just_A_Guy

While the speech is moving over the Internet, the 'spirit' of the speech 'in person was phenomenal.

We met a number of good folks on the Metro, traveling from the Marriott in Bethesda to the event.

One devout Catholic couple from Philadelphia were a good example of the some 650,000 who attended. She came from Polish decent, her mother was a Nazi concentration camp survivor, he was Cuban and their family were late 50's refugees from Cuba to the United States. Both had become citizens the way folks should become citizens. Both came from backgrounds of oppression and lack of freedom. Her words to all of us were these, "I believe that Glenn Beck was sent from God and that he is literally a "modern day prophet". I smiled. I told them that Glenn Beck would tell you that he is NOT a modern day prophet, but he could tell you where to find one. She looked puzzled. I then told her about the blue book in the night stand back at the Marriott. I quoted verses from Moroni chapter 7 to her. She said, "You sound just like him". I said, no, we simply preach God's word, be it in the New Testament in John or Corinthians or Moroni. It started a great gospel conversation.

I can only imagine how many thousands of others felt the same as she did.

Many thousands didn't make it to the rally... they were turned away at distant Metro sites because the Metro had become overwhelmed. Lines at 9AM in Virginia were over an hour long just to get onto the Metro. The same was true for the Red line both from Rockville and also in the northeast....otherwise there may have been over a million people there.

There were no signs, there was no hate. There was only love, and love of God, love of country and love of Glenn Beck that brought all of us together.

Captain Moroni held up the Title of Liberty. Glenn Beck is holding out Faith, Hope and Charity.

Glenn taught thousands at the beginning of the rally about the ancestors of the Native Americans who believed in Christ. He taught of Moses. He taught about the blessings of paying tithing. It was truly worth the while to be there and see the FAITH and patriotism of true Americans who want to keep our freedoms and not have them taken away by evil doers and modern day Gadiantons who would tax us and our children because they would spend our birthright.

Truly amazing, the hour long speech by Glenn only gives a small bit of the flavor of the event.

We met people from all over the country, Minnesota, Alaska, Oregon, California, fellow Arizonans, Texans, folks from Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Maine, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, Indiana, Mass., Connecticut... I imagine folks from all 50 states were there. There was old and young there. There were folks of every race.

8.28 will not soon be forgotten.

M