Groundbreaking for Temple in Rome set for Saturday

pam

I had posted this announcement on my facebook page. One friend (non member) made the comment. Oh..competition for the Pope. I had to explain it's not about a competition.

I had posted this announcement on my facebook page. One friend (non member) made the comment. Oh..competition for the Pope. I had to explain it's not about a competition.

[Odd Humor]Of course it's not a competition. But if it was, we won right? :winner:[/Odd Humor]

No, if the LDS church really wanted to stick it to the RC church, they'd have to find a way to get a temple in the Vatican, since it is its own country.

That dual-tower design is interesting . . . has the Church used it on any other new temples since San Diego?

Vernal, Utah

That seems to be the only one. So many temples in the last 15 years or so have been kind-of cookie-cutter-ish.

The dual-tower thing didn't really strike me so much as the unique design. We just haven't seen anything different in so long, so I noticed that. Also, it seemed like the long sides of the building were curved, which was also different.

That seems to be the only one. So many temples in the last 15 years or so have been kind-of cookie-cutter-ish.

One of the good things that came out of the opposition to the Phoenix AZ temple was the Church did a redesign. It was going to look almost exactly like several other temples announced in roughly the same time frame. The redesign made it better looking (in my opinion.) It also made the temple larger, while staying within the 30ft zoning restriction.