LDS Missionary shot and killed in Jamaica

pam

And they will get the usual responses..well he died doing the Lord's work. Having never gone through this personally, I'm not sure that right now that being said would make me feel any better. But most people are more forgiving them I am the majority of the time.

Something I need to work on.

Edited by pam

There's a "famous" waterfall in Jamaica that the cruise ships stop at. On my first cruise we stopped in Jamaica. A bus took all my family members to this waterfall. Anyway, they climbed it and at the top they were more or less forced to walk through a market. Inside the market were people who very strongly tried to push their goods on my family members (brothers and sisters). One of my brothers and his wife were surrounded by some big strong men and were forced to buy an expensive dress for his wife. Disgusting. I'm glad I went scuba diving.

I'm wondering if the Caribbean is becoming dangerous. One of my sisters went on a cruise last year and the captain recommended people be very careful in the Bahamas. My sister stayed on the boat. The last cruise my sister went on, a few months ago, her and her husband stopped at one of the Mexican ports and saw big fences all around with guards with machine guns.

There's a "famous" waterfall in Jamaica that the cruise ships stop at. On my first cruise we stopped in Jamaica. A bus took all my family members to this waterfall. Anyway, they climbed it and at the top they were more or less forced to walk through a market. Inside the market were people who very strongly tried to push their goods on my family members (brothers and sisters). One of my brothers and his wife were surrounded by some big strong men and were forced to buy an expensive dress for his wife. Disgusting. I'm glad I went scuba diving.

I'm wondering if the Caribbean is becoming dangerous. One of my sisters went on a cruise last year and the captain recommended people be very careful in the Bahamas. My sister stayed on the boat. The last cruise my sister went on, a few months ago, her and her husband stopped at one of the Mexican ports and saw big fences all around with guards with machine guns.

And this has something to do with the story about a missionary shot and killed........ how?

And they will get the usual responses..well he died doing the Lord's work. Having never gone through this personally, I'm not sure that right now that being said would make me feel any better. But most people are more forgiving them I am the majority of the time.

Something I need to work on.

The Church and its members do such a fine job of arming us with comforting doctrines and speculations that we can easily forget to "mourn with those that mourn" and assume that they are already in need of comfort.

LDS missionary shot and killed in Jamaica - ksl.com

Always heartbreaking to hear of this.

I saw this yesterday and was heartbroken for this poor missionary and his family. I thought of my guys and got misty. On the whole, it's not very dangerous here, but who knows what can happen knocking on individual doors? All missionaries need our prayer and support.

The Church and its members do such a fine job of arming us with comforting doctrines and speculations that we can easily forget to "mourn with those that mourn" and assume that they are already in need of comfort.

Well spoken.

We so often want to comfort others and tell them everything will be all right when sometimes all someone needs is someone who will just sympathize and be sad with them.