Interesting/other fact or facts anyone knows?

Fira

I know alot.

Although of course impossible but if you and one person could go in seperate vehicles and drive from the starting point(s) to the sun and back at a constant non stop until done speed of 18 MPH (eighteen miles per hour) preaching the holy bible and the book of mormon to each other during the whole trip, of the entire words said during the whole trip would be less than 1,000,000,000,000 (one trillion) words said.

Smack her up now is the longest mean demanding statement that can be spelled without repeating any letter.

The fastest a human being ever ran on foot was about 34.3 MPH WOW THAT WAS TRULY FAST!!!!

Four is the only number that has the same amount of letters as in its name.

Contrary to popular beliefs 2+2 and 2x2 [two plus two & two times two] is not the only same numbers to times or plus or both together to get the same number because, 0+0 = (equals) 0 (zero) and 0x0 = 0.

Contrary to popular beliefs, cold weather can not make anyone sick wet or not.

Lightning travels the opposite way(s) we see the bolt(s) when we see the bolt(s).

Contrary to popular beliefs spiders and scorpions are not insects they are arachnids.

Contrary to popular beliefs just praying is not always good enough works may (and in almost all cases are needed) to get prayer(s) answered (James 2:19-20).

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first roller coaster was built in Russia for Catherine the Great.

That sounded interesting so I had to google it. :lol: I guess some historians think the first one was built by the French.

If one doesn't mind operating on the other side of the zero on the number line so does negative fifteen (15 letters and 15 away from zero on the number line).

Contrary to popular beliefs 2+2 and 2x2 [two plus two & two times two] is not the only same numbers to times or plus or both together to get the same number because, 0+0 = (equals) 0 (zero) and 0x0 = 0.

sqrt(4) + sqrt(4) = sqrt(4) x sqrt(4). Of course that's like playing with fractions, I can make the same claim with 8/4 + 8/4 = (8/4)*(8/4). For your zero example cos(pi/2) + cos(pi/2) = cos(pi/2)*cos(pi/2). Though once again it is playing around with equivalents so I can see the argument for crying foul and the trig example is adding and multiplying functions.

Edited by Dravin

I know alot.

Although of course impossible but if you and one person could go in seperate vehicles and drive from the starting point(s) to the sun and back at a constant non stop until done speed of 18 MPH (eighteen miles per hour) preaching the holy bible and the book of mormon to each other during the whole trip, of the entire words said during the whole trip would be less than 1,000,000,000,000 (one trillion) words said.

Smack her up now is the longest mean demanding statement that can be spelled without repeating any letter.

The fastest a human being ever ran on foot was about 34.3 MPH WOW THAT WAS TRULY FAST!!!!

Contrary to popular beliefs, cold weather can not make anyone sick wet or not.)

Lightning travels the opposite way(s) we see the bolt(s) when we see the bolt(s).

Contrary to popular beliefs spiders and scorpions are not insects they are arachnids.

Contrary to popular beliefs just praying is not always good enough works may (and in almost all cases are needed) to get prayer(s) answered (James 2:19-20).

You need about 25 AUs of lead to stop a neutrino. (if i remember correctly

you can't catch a cold in the arctics.

Edited by Blackmarch

If one doesn't mind operating on the other side of the zero on the number line so does negative fifteen (15 letters and 15 away from zero on the number line).

sqrt(4) + sqrt(4) = sqrt(4) x sqrt(4). Of course that's like playing with fractions, I can make the same claim with 8/4 + 8/4 = (8/4)*(8/4). For your zero example cos(pi/2) + cos(pi/2) = cos(pi/2)*cos(pi/2). Though once again it is playing around with equivalents so I can see the argument for crying foul and the trig example is adding and multiplying functions.

Oh brother :P

If you took all the people who fall asleep in sacrament meeting and laid them on the floor, end to end, they'd sleep far more comfortably.

On a serious note, a single aircraft has set the following records

Absolute altitude record -- 85,069 ft (that's 16 miles straight up)

Absolute speed record -- 2193.2 mph (that's just under one and a quarter miles in two seconds)

Speed over a recognized course (Los Angeles to New York)

distance - 3,508 miles

speed - 1435.857 mph

time - 1 hour, 54 minutes, 56.4 seconds

(concorde's time over the same course is 2 hours, 52 minutes. A 747's time is 6 hours, 15 minutes)

in one flight lasting 10.5 hours 15,000 miles was covered non-stop

In one flight, four records were set:

1.Los Angeles, CA to Washington, D.C., distance 2,299.7 miles, average speed 2,144.8 miles per hour, and an elapsed time of 64 minutes 20 seconds.

2.West Coast to East Coast, distance 2,404 miles, average speed 2,124.5 miles per hour, and an elapsed time of 67 minutes 54 seconds.

3.Kansas City, Missouri to Washington D.C., distance 942 miles, average speed 2,176 miles per hour, and an elapsed time of 25 minutes 59 seconds.

4.St. Louis, Missouri to Cincinnati, Ohio, distance 311.4 miles, average speed 2,189.9 miles per hour, and an elapsed time of 8 minutes 32 seconds.

Perhaps most interesting of all, this aircraft flew its entire operational life to the following statistics;

3,551 Mission Sorties Flown

17,300 Total Sorties Flown

11,008 Mission Flight Hours

53,490 Total Flight Hours

752 hours Mach 3 Time (Missions)

11,675 hours Mach 3 Time (Total)

And to top it all off, accidents only claimed the life of one crewman, and no plane of this type was ever lost to enemy action.

Of course it's the SR-71 Blackbird, but perhaps most remarkable of all this, it was designed in the late 1950's and flying by 1962...without the aid of any computers or calculators.

Edited by RipplecutBuddha

If you took all the people who fall asleep in sacrament meeting and laid them on the floor, end to end, they'd sleep far more comfortably.

On a serious note, a single aircraft has set the following records

Absolute altitude record -- 85,069 ft

Absolute speed record -- 2193.2 mph

Speed over a recognized course (Los Angeles to New York)

distance - 3,508 miles

speed - 1435.857 mph

time - 1 hour, 54 minutes, 56.4 seconds

(concorde's time over the same course is 2 hours, 52 minutes. A 747's time is 6 hours, 15 minutes)

in one flight lasting 10.5 hours 15,000 miles was covered non-stop

In one flight, four records were set

1.Los Angeles, CA to Washington, D.C., distance 2,299.7 miles, average speed 2,144.8 miles per hour, and an elapsed time of 64 minutes 20 seconds.

2.West Coast to East Coast, distance 2,404 miles, average speed 2,124.5 miles per hour, and an elapsed time of 67 minutes 54 seconds.

3.Kansas City, Missouri to Washington D.C., distance 942 miles, average speed 2,176 miles per hour, and an elapsed time of 25 minutes 59 seconds.

4.St. Louis, Missouri to Cincinnati, Ohio, distance 311.4 miles, average speed 2,189.9 miles per hour, and an elapsed time of 8 minutes 32 seconds.

Perhaps most interesting of all, this aircraft flew its entire operational life to the following statistics;

3,551 Mission Sorties Flown

17,300 Total Sorties Flown

11,008 Mission Flight Hours

53,490 Total Flight Hours

2,752 hours Mach 3 Time (Missions)

11,675 hours Mach 3 Time (Total)

And to top it all off, accidents only claimed the life of one crewman, and no plane of this type was ever lost to enemy action.

Of course it's the SR-71 Blackbird, but perhaps most remarkable of all this, it was designed in the late 1950's and flying by 1962...without the aid of any computers or calculators.

the sad thing is that's still our fastest jet-engined manned vehicle.

the sad thing is that's still our fastest jet-engined manned vehicle.

well, it's sad because we could do better, but it wouldn't be by very much in comparison to the leap forward the SR-71 represents for its time. The limitations on the SR-71 were located within the engine design and efficiency of the intake, which actually generated over 80% of the power at mach 3.2

In the late 1990's reviews of the intake designs showed that current technology could increase maximum speed to the lower mach 6 range, nearly doubling the current top end.

The real limit, however, was found inside the engine, at the compressor fan assembly, which had a maximum safe temperature of operation at 800 degrees Farenheit. While the engine, in theory, could produce greater speeds, doing so would push the metals involved beyond the point of physical stability. They would melt apart. There's just no way the engines could go much faster than they did, regardless of intake design.

In the coming years, there might be an aircraft that blows the doors off of the Blackbird, but realize that in the late 50's to early 60's flight was still a new toy we were playing with. The sound barrier had just been broken less than ten years previous, and fighter design was still grappling with flying over mach 1 on a regular basis and jumping up to mach 2 with afterburners for short bursts of speed.

The SR-71 flew constantly on afterburner....an unheard of idea at the time. The laws of physics and aerodynamics were pushed to their limits at the time to create the Blackbird. As it stands now, we just can't push too much harder yet.

Edited by RipplecutBuddha

Here's a fact useless for most people:

Male snakes have two . . . uhm . . . reproductive organs. Common gartersnakes have been studied and found to be right . . . well . . . 'handed' (for lack of a better word). They are generally ambidextrous, but favor using their right . . . 'organ'.

Griaffes don't make noises.

Wednesday is the day most ppl commit suicides.

2+2 doesnt always = 4.

And, I just had my wisdom teeth removed.Fear, throwing up, bleeding everywhere. upset stomach. I hate this.

For the life of me I can't remember the equation I learned where 2+2 does not equal 4. It's somewhere in my brain, though...

Sorry about your wisdom teeth! I wound up getting dry socket after mine, which mean another month of pain killers and no solid foods...