Washington lds.net get together

pam

Just wondering if there would be enough people interested in having an lds.net get together in the Tri-Cities area of Washington the last week of July?

I'm only asking because I will be in that area during that time. If it doesn't work out it doesn't work out. Just getting a feel for it.

Part of the difficulty is that the Tri-Cities is a four-hour, 200+ mile drive each way--and so would require an overnight, or a very long roundtrip. It's always the problem with WA--the west is too far for those East, and likewise the East too far for us on the west side. sigh...

I might be, although that'll be the very end of my sacred precious summer vacation...

Here PC is complaining about a 4 hour drive... we're driving to SLC next week.... 12 hours. Wuss ;)

And I suppose you are going to be a wuss about meeting any of us again? :P

I do not think that is a term used in the Puget Sound. It is either Olympia,Tacoma,Fife,Federal way or Seattle. I could come some time but not sure.

Tri-cities = Richland, Pasco, Kennewick, just north of the Columbia River's Big Bend, south of the Hanford reservation, an hour or so west of Walla Walla, about ninety minutes southeast of Yakima. Edited by Vort
Walla Walla ≠ Kennewick

I guess I could have worded my topic more correctly. The topic is on people who converse or talk in vague terms.

I have a friend who seems to have a bit of a issue of staying on topic and starts discussions or enters into discussion using vague terms. He is a nice guy, but I constantly have to ask him "Who is he?. For example, When "they" put this in my engine. I asked him "Who is they??

Another example: "HE" came here to pick up the shed parts to finish his project. Not sure if this is just laziness in conversation, or a real impediment in conversation. He knows the answer to "HE" since I would ask him who HE is.

I asked him that questions and he got mad and stormed off. Sorry, he is a nice guy, but I have to constantly remind him that some of the details in our discussion are missing .

Are these the kind of people who will always stay in the "vague discussion" limbo and not find ways to improve there communication skills?

I could have worded my topic more correctly. "Do you know of a associate who talks to you in vague terms??"

What is his personality like? He is a go cheerful very easy going person who never gets mad. He is a unemployed janitor who is looking for work and like to take his time in any project he starts. He lost his job when his employer asked that he work Saturdays at his job. He said no, I want to spend time with my wife on Saturdays. So, his company laid him off.

Now the discussion of "wife tone deafness with husbands"

My wife is a excellent communicator but, almost to much to where I have to filter out the relevant information with what I already know. Us men some times have what is termed "wife tone deafness". When a woman or wife speaks to us men, the conversation is not recalled by the husband if he is not looking at her or his attention is focused on another event such as watching tv.

This topic was discussed on documentary some years back and it used a national football couch as a example. HE would be watching the news, and the wife would ask him to do something, and he would say "yes dear" then latter on, could not recollect what his wife said. I think this is a common issue with me.

Your input is much appreciated!!

Edited by bcguy

I guess I could have worded my topic more correctly. The topic is on people who converse or talk in vague terms.

I have a friend who seems to have a bit of a issue of staying on topic and starts discussions or enters into discussion using vague terms. He is a nice guy, but I constantly have to ask him "Who is he?. For example, When "they" put this in my engine. I asked him "Who is they??

Another example: "HE" came here to pick up the shed parts to finish his project. Not sure if this is just laziness in conversation, or a real impediment in conversation. He knows the answer to "HE" since I would ask him who HE is.

I asked him that questions and he got mad and stormed off. Sorry, he is a nice guy, but I have to constantly remind him that some of the details in our discussion are missing .

Are these the kind of people who will always stay in the "vague discussion" limbo and not find ways to improve there communication skills?

I could have worded my topic more correctly. "Do you know of a associate who talks to you in vague terms??"

What is his personality like? He is a go cheerful very easy going person who never gets mad. He is a unemployed janitor who is looking for work and like to take his time in any project he starts. He lost his job when his employer asked that he work Saturdays at his job. He said no, I want to spend time with my wife on Saturdays. So, his company laid him off.

Now the discussion of "wife tone deafness with husbands"

My wife is a excellent communicator but, almost to much to where I have to filter out the relevant information with what I already know. Us men some times have what is termed "wife tone deafness". When a woman or wife speaks to us men, the conversation is not recalled by the husband if he is not looking at her or his attention is focused on another event such as watching tv.

This topic was discussed on documentary some years back and it used a national football couch as a example. HE would be watching the news, and the wife would ask him to do something, and he would say "yes dear" then latter on, could not recollect what his wife said. I think this is a common issue with me.

Your input is much appreciated!!

I know someone who changes the topic on an existing discussion thread. Does that count?

Thought I had started a new topic ;)

Anyway, If I ever did go, I would fly in and not from Vancouver. Flights here are ridiculously overpriced.

I have been to Cle Elem. Wow, really nice weather vs rainy Seattle on the same day! I have never been to the tri cities. I have been to salt lake city, phoenix, Albuquerque. Is the tri-cities like any of those cities? Is it all Brown like Albuquerque? I was honestly getting sick of seeing brown desert, there when I was stationed at my base during my entire tour ;)

Edited by bcguy

Thought I had started a new topic ;)

Anyway, If I ever did go, I would fly in and not from Vancouver. Flights here are ridiculously overpriced.

I have been to Cle Elem. Wow, really nice weather vs rainy Seattle on the same day! I have never been to the tri cities. I have been to salt lake city, phoenix, Albuquerque. Is the tri-cities like any of those cities? Is it all Brown like Albuquerque? I was honestly getting sick of seeing brown desert, there when I was stationed at my base during my entire tour ;)

Here, check this out this link: Tri-Cities Visitor & Convention Bureau

A few years ago, put in 25k of drive across the lower part of British Columbia. The furthest east was a small town called Rossland BC and Trail BC. I Love that part of bc. So wild so remote!! The old part of Rossland and Trail looked like something out of a western. These buildings looked to be well over 100 years old. So I can imagine its that dry in eastern washington.

The Columbia river passed though trail and just about 10 min drive away, into Washington state. Its kind of funny, but my brother who lives in Tacoma, goes to that part of Washington, just south of the border and south of trail. So now I know what it is like where he hunts for deer and other wild life.

Rather ironic in a thread that is about a get together and not communication skills. :P

I do not think that is a term used in the Puget Sound. It is either Olympia,Tacoma,Fife,Federal way or Seattle. I could come some time but not sure.

Anyone that doesn't know what the Tri-Cities area in Washington is..obviously lives too far to come. :P