Sharing the Gospel through Social Media Day

pam

Did you do that on facebook?

Yup.

I have a picture of the statue of Joseph and Hyrum Smith that is outside of the Nauvoo temple as my avatar, but I bet most people don't know what it is. I post pics from my Nauvoo trips and my missionaries, but again, I bet most people just think I went to some historic location and have no idea what an 'Elder' is.

This thread was actually a test. I wanted to see how many people would post about taking one day to share the gospel through social media. I got 2 responses. Thank you dahlia and SeattleTruthSeeker.

Yet in another thread, 28 responses in one day to a subject concerning the legalization of gay marriage took precedence. It would have continued had it not been shut down.

I'm not opening this up to more discussion regarding the other thread. As I said, it was a test and went exactly as I had expected. We already know what the Church's stand is on that subject..I just always find it interesting that it would be of more interest than sharing the gospel. Which is what the mission of this site is all about.

I just always find it interesting that it would be of more interest than sharing the gospel. Which is what the mission of this site is all about.

Speaking only for myself: The mission of this site may be to share the gospel, but I didn't join the site for that purpose. I joined for the purpose of gospel-related discussion. I do in fact share LDS-related links and items on my FB account (though I only go there a couple of times a week, not daily like here). In the last week, I have shared seven links on FB, two of which were LDS-related. I simply wasn't interested in talking about it in this thread.

The moral of this story is: This thread may have been an interesting experiment, but don't read too much into it. The mission of this site is not necessarily the same as the reason individual site members visit here.

Speaking only for myself: The mission of this site may be to share the gospel, but I didn't join the site for that purpose. I joined for the purpose of gospel-related discussion. I do in fact share LDS-related links and items on my FB account (though I only go there a couple of times a week, not daily like here). In the last week, I have shared seven links on FB, two of which were LDS-related. I simply wasn't interested in talking about it in this thread.

The moral of this story is: This thread may have been an interesting experiment, but don't read too much into it. The mission of this site is not necessarily the same as the reason individual site members visit here.

Awwww but gospel related discussion is furthering the gospel. What you post just might answer a question that someone is struggling with or an investigator may have as well.

Why not have a subforum for blogging and social media where we can discuss proactive ways to help one another better share these wonderful technologies in preparing the gospel.

We already have a section for blogs. Opening up a forum would be rather redundant.

I was the OP in that NY legalization thread and I posted my favorite scripture on facebook. Although thats not really unusual for me. I post scriptures and my favorite Mormon message videos all the time.

So, i agree with what Vort said.

And the fact I didn't see this thread until later.