Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Winnie G

How can we know the truth of a false posters who waste our time and don’t have the respect for our freedom of religion with out wasting our time with false inquiries. :hmmm:

Daviewest being the newest of them.

I guess its hard to see a wolf in sheeps clothing. :hmmm:

Davidwest’ s post

“I have been looking into the LDS faith and was interested if there is a temple located in Israel? Or any missionary work being done in Israel? Thanks for the help everybody”

Then his replay

"LDS is an false religion, and Joseph Smith was a false prophet"

I always wonder do they ever think they have it wrong :hmmm:

Hi Winnie,

The full quote was

I'm search as many have told me that LDS is an false religion, and Josph Smith was a false prophet.

the key there was "many have told" him. It may be that be believes it false also but you said that others tell him that it is false and the reason why he is looking into it for himself. I'm not defending, I'm just pointing out what he said.

Winniny G.... the Christians that I have talked to are accepting....in fact they have helped and answer my questions. Most of the Mormons I have meet have been nice, and tried to answer my questions. As well as help me with what Christians have told me. I have never been called a "wolf in sheep clothing" before. I find your lack of help, and insulting and the lowest that I have ever found in doing my search. I hope that you don't represent the Church Of Ladder Day Saints.

How can we know the truth of a false posters who waste our time and don’t have the respect for our freedom of religion with out wasting our time with false inquiries. :hmmm:

Daviewest being the newest of them.

I guess its hard to see a wolf in sheeps clothing. :hmmm:

Davidwest’ s post

“I have been looking into the LDS faith and was interested if there is a temple located in Israel? Or any missionary work being done in Israel? Thanks for the help everybody”

Then his replay

"LDS is an false religion, and Joseph Smith was a false prophet"

I always wonder do they ever think they have it wrong :hmmm:

Spotting a wolf in sheep clothing is not difficult when using the advice of Jesus. He gives the example in the question "Do men gather grapes of thorns or figs if thistles?" This is so clear - grapes are not found on thorn bushes nor or figs found with thistles. Paul also touched on this subject when he said not to teach any other gospel but the gospel of Christ. The sheep respond to the voice of Christ. They teach the joy in their hearts (the gospel they hear and love) and do not teach against other religions. False teachers have no real joy in Christ so their joy is not in teaching of Christ but in teaching against the light.

BTW - telling a wolf that they are a wolf seldoms inspires them to become sheep.

The Traveler

Wolves also make themselves known over time.

In general terms, some will make you believe that they are your friends, but they lead you away from the light. This usually doesn't happen fast either. It could be just a little doubt in something you know to be right. Then it might be something that could shake the foundation of what you know to be true. If you subject your spirit to these things often enough your own light will be compromised. To live without light in your life is a feeling of doom and gloom. Surround yourselves with friends who will buoy you up when you begin to slip and not those who will take advantage of you in that state.

Ok I am sorry if I hurt any ones feelings, but how many of you spent time answering someone inquiries only to have it bite you in the backside.

So I guess I have become wary of those that ask questions. Only to come back with some thing fishy like.

I'm search as many have told me that LDS is an false religion, and Josph Smith was a false prophet.

:hmmm:

I have spent hours answering questions, researching finding scriptures and church history only to have them come out and slam the church.

Therefore, I guess I’m a little touchy.

There are those of you who have had the same experience? So don’t you wag your finger at me.

Ok I am sorry if I hurt any ones feelings, but how many of you spent time answering someone inquiries only to have it bite you in the backside.

So I guess I have become wary of those that ask questions. Only to come back with some thing fishy like.

:hmmm:

I have spent hours answering questions, researching finding scriptures and church history only to have them come out and slam the church.

Therefore, I guess I’m a little touchy.

There are those of you who have had the same experience? So don’t you wag your finger at me.

Your explanation and your apology wouldn't have been neccessary had read and included the full quote the first time you posted it. Just as there are "sheep in wolfs clothing" around every bend, I have found there are "conspiracy theorists" behind many friendly attempt to answer questions. Could this be one???

In general terms, some will make you believe that they are your friends, but they lead you away from the light. This usually doesn't happen fast either. It could be just a little doubt in something you know to be right. Then it might be something that could shake the foundation of what you know to be true. If you subject your spirit to these things often enough your own light will be compromised. To live without light in your life is a feeling of doom and gloom. Surround yourselves with friends who will buoy you up when you begin to slip and not those who will take advantage of you in that state.

Now I'm all paranoid thinking that you are speaking of me here. I hope you aren't referring to me questioning whether or not God answers prayers. That is something I struggle with, but I never mean to bring anyone down with my concerns. Hopefully my own doubts don't bring others down. :dontknow:

<div class='quotemain'>

Now I'm all paranoid thinking that you are speaking of me here. I hope you aren't referring to me questioning whether or not God answers prayers. That is something I struggle with, but I never mean to bring anyone down with my concerns. Hopefully my own doubts don't bring others down. :dontknow:

Oh Shan,

No I was not thinking of you when I wrote this.

I was thinking about my children who struggle with friends, even friends in general. In deciding whether someone is a true friend I think we need to evaluate where they are 'taking you'. In the instance of my children, the friends who always are there when they are in trouble might not be looking after their best interests. I have an account on myspace as I have mentioned before. The other day I noticed a moment on my daughters profile from a guy I don't know. He said something about her being 'hot' and how he would like to get some of that. <_< . She was flattered and let the comment go through. I asked her if that was the kind of comments she wanted people to think of her. I asked her this through the message link on myspace. I saw that she had later deleted the comment.

I know how you feel about prayer and you know how I feel about prayer. I hope we are adult enough to simply agree to disagree on this subject. I know why you have come to the conclusion you have on this subject and you have a powerful reason to believe the way you do. I also feel I have a powerful reason to believe the way I do. I won't take your beliefs away from you and I don't expect you would try to do that to me either because we are friends :) I don't believe the same way a friend of mine does about raising children. After we had gone the 'rounds' on this topic a time or two I had just decided to let it go. She has her reasons for not ever bending her rules and I have mine for bending mine from time to time. Basically I bite my lip and say nothing. :)