Gadhafi is dead

pam

Live blog: Gadhafi is dead, interim Libyan prime minister says – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Deposed Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi has been killed, interim Libyan Prime Minister Mahmoud Jibril told reporters in Tripoli on Thursday. There are conflicting reports surrounding the circumstances of his killing, which reportedly happened in or near Gadhafi's hometown of Sirte on Thursday. Libya's ambassador to the United Kingdom says that Gadhafi's body is in Misrata, Libya.

Live blog: Gadhafi is dead, interim Libyan prime minister says – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Deposed Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi has been killed, interim Libyan Prime Minister Mahmoud Jibril told reporters in Tripoli on Thursday. There are conflicting reports surrounding the circumstances of his killing, which reportedly happened in or near Gadhafi's hometown of Sirte on Thursday. Libya's ambassador to the United Kingdom says that Gadhafi's body is in Misrata, Libya.

About time someone took that clown out.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge the dead and murdered. Much of the pain and warring that has been taking place in the Middle East has been a direct consequence of American interference for so many years.

We are responsible for over 1 million dead Iraqis protecting their homeland.

Bull.

I am not sure which part bull is referring too. The facts are there. The conservative estimates are 100k dead. It isn't 100k insurgents but civilians. Just because we live in America doesn't mean every war we engage is a "good" war. The Founders exhausted every last option before going to war because they knew how devastating and backwards it is. Why so many Americans support death and bloodshed I'll never know.

In fact every war after WWII we have done unconstitutionally.

Iraq conflict has killed a million Iraqis: survey | Reuters

Edited by AGStacker

Lybia has problems that won't automatically be solved by ousting Ghaddafi.

We are responsible for over 1 million dead Iraqis protecting their homeland.

Meh. The Saadam regime was held responsible for the consequences of things like:

* providing a monetary incentive for Palestinian suicide bombers to spill the blood of Jewish women and children

* running bomb-vest factories

* invading Kuwait

* refusing to comply with UN mandates like 1441

* torturing, raping, killing, "dissapearing", and using WMD on umpteen of their own people.

I know you think the punisher is to blame for the punishment. Permit me to respectfully disagree.

And, while we're on the subject of Iraq in a thread about Gadaffi, I'd like to remind everyone that he did a total about face on Lybia's WMD program during the pre-war buildups, saber-rattling, coalition-forming, resolution-passing, and war capability-building of Gulf War I. AG, if we have to take the hit for Iraqi deaths, do we at least get some credit for Gadaffi's about face?

Lybia has problems that won't automatically be solved by ousting Ghaddafi.

Meh. The Saadam regime was held responsible for the consequences of things like:

* providing a monetary incentive for Palestinian suicide bombers to spill the blood of Jewish women and children

* running bomb-vest factories

* invading Kuwait

* refusing to comply with UN mandates like 1441

* torturing, raping, killing, "dissapearing", and using WMD on umpteen of their own people.

I know you think the punisher is to blame for the punishment. Permit me to respectfully disagree.

And, while we're on the subject of Iraq in a thread about Gadaffi, I'd like to remind everyone that he did a total about face on Lybia's WMD program during the pre-war buildups, saber-rattling, coalition-forming, resolution-passing, and war capability-building of Gulf War I. AG, if we have to take the hit for Iraqi deaths, do we at least get some credit for Gadaffi's about face?

“There is one and only one legitimate goal of United States foreign policy. It is a narrow goal, a nationalistic goal: the preservation of our national independence. Nothing in the Constitution grants that the president shall have the privilege of offering himself as a world leader. He is our executive; he is on our payroll; he is supposed to put our best interests in front of those of other nations. Nothing in the Constitution nor in logic grants to the president of the United States or to Congress the power to influence the political life of other countries, to ‘uplift’ their cultures, to bolster their economies, to feed their people, or even to defend them against their enemies.” Ezra Taft Benson, "America at the Crossroads," Jackson Mississippi, August 30, 1969

The United States has whored itself to most of the world. I wont discuss the details here but it is obvious. If people only understood what really goes on. I am not trying to create a political discussion as I know rules are against them here which is fine. Just please don't be so weary to love war and its doings. Nothing good comes from wars and please don't give me the "wars will allow missionaries in the Middle East". This is disgusting doctrine coming from the Saints of God.

I am not sure which part bull is referring too. The facts are there. The conservative estimates are 100k dead. It isn't 100k insurgents but civilians. Just because we live in America doesn't mean every war we engage is a "good" war. The Founders exhausted every last option before going to war because they knew how devastating and backwards it is. Why so many Americans support death and bloodshed I'll never know.

In fact every war after WWII we have done unconstitutionally.

Iraq conflict has killed a million Iraqis: survey | Reuters

Dude, 25 million Iraqis LIBERATED. You are not presenting facts you are presenting political propaganda and some vile stuff at that, so yeah its bull.

Yes, the United States creates freedom and democracy through constant war. LOL

I am sure the soldiers who died, so Iraqis could be out from under the boot heel of a tyrant would just love you and your blame America first argument, because in some perverse way I'm sure it makes you feel better about living in America. same old bull, no proof, and all wrong.

I am sure the soldiers who died, so Iraqis could be out from under the boot heel of a tyrant would just love you and your blame America first argument, because in some perverse way I'm sure it makes you feel better about living in America. same old bull, no proof, and all wrong.

More innocent children have died than soldiers. I am sure these innocent children love the American enforcer "freeing" them from their "horrible" lives and away from their loved ones. Read the Benson quote above.

“The Church as a Church does not believe in war and yet since its organization whenever war has come we have done our part….we do thoroughly believe in building up our home defenses to the maximum extent necessary, but we do not believe that aggression should be carried on in the name and under the false cloak of defense. We therefore look with sorrowing eyes at the present use to which a great part of the funds being raised by taxes and by borrowing is being put.” (Heber J. Grant, , also J. Ruben Clark, Jr. and David O. McKay signed as the First Presidency, written during World War II Letter to the U.S. Treasury, September 30, 1941.)

“President Wilson had the full departure in mind [of the Founders doctrine of neutrality] when he declared: ‘Everybody’s business is our business.’ Since then we have leaped ahead along the anciently forbidden path.” (J. Reuben Clark, Let Us Have Peace, Church News, November 22, 1947.

If we're quoting church leaders on the rightness of the Iraq war, I suppose it would be useful to actually quote someone specifically and directly talking about it. Here is President Hinckley, speaking in the April 2003 General Conference, talking about the war in Iraq:

In a democracy we can renounce war and proclaim peace. There is opportunity for dissent. Many have been speaking out and doing so emphatically. That is their privilege. That is their right, so long as they do so legally. However, we all must also be mindful of another overriding responsibility, which I may add, governs my personal feelings and dictates my personal loyalties in the present situation.

..there are times and circumstances when nations are justified, in fact have an obligation, to fight for family, for liberty, and against tyranny, threat, and oppression.

This places us in the position of those who long for peace, who teach peace, who work for peace, but who also are citizens of nations and are subject to the laws of our governments. Furthermore, we are a freedom-loving people, committed to the defense of liberty wherever it is in jeopardy. I believe that God will not hold men and women in uniform responsible as agents of their government in carrying forward that which they are legally obligated to do. It may even be that He will hold us responsible if we try to impede or hedge up the way of those who are involved in a contest with forces of evil and repression.

President Hinckley was in favor of the war in Iraq. That, on top of the things I mentioned above, are good enough for me.

If we're quoting church leaders on the rightness of the Iraq war, I suppose it would be useful to actually quote someone specifically and directly talking about it. Here is President Hinckley, speaking in the April 2003 General Conference, talking about the war in Iraq:

President Hinckley was in favor of the war in Iraq. That, on top of the things I mentioned above, are good enough for me.

Haha! Nowhere in the talk did he give favor to the Iraq War! He generalized about war and emphasized that we are a peaceful people. If he supported the war when alive I guarantee he doesn't support it now.

I think a prophet of God would support the Constitution which was inspired by God. We haven't had a Constitutional war since WWII. Congress did not declared war therefore we went to war against what the Founding Fathers counseled.

Actually, it is amazing to me when I look at the way the media and Government portray Libya and Qaddafi in the western world to what is real. In my country, Libya, Qaddafi was not a tyrrant. He was supportive to his people. He housed them. We were given $50,000 to buy a house free and the central banks are private and issued interest free loans. It is illegal in Libya to charge interest. Qaddafi's doing. Govt payed for half your car, gas is 0.14c a litre, excellent education and healthcare...all free. The list goes on.

When your media said we went out to the streets and fired our guns in the air to celebrate NATO attacks on Libya...the real truth was we were angry NATO attacked because we know terrible corporations want to steal all that Qaddafi did and our 200 billion dollars and rich resources. You have all been fooled and as a Libyan member I am appalled other members condone the lies your country has told you just to acquire a peaceful and prosperous nations riches and to kill an innocent man!

When your media said we went out to the streets and fired our guns in the air to celebrate NATO attacks on Libya...the real truth was we were angry NATO attacked because we know terrible corporations want to steal all that Qaddafi did and our 200 billion dollars and rich resources. You have all been fooled and as a Libyan member I am appalled other members condone the lies your country has told you just to acquire a peaceful and prosperous nations riches and to kill an innocent man!

You... Do realize it was Libyans who killed Qadaffi, right?

While some people no doubt did prosper under Qadaffi, and he definitely deserved a trial and I am uneasy with his death, he was killed by Libyans. If he wasn't, your country should bring those people to justice and give them their trial.

I am appalled other members condone the lies your country has told you just to acquire a peaceful and prosperous nations riches and to kill an innocent man!

Well, I'll have to withhold judgement on that "innocent man" stuff. There are better people to ask than me. You should ask the thousands of friends and relatives of the 270 people killed over Locherbie. Ask the friends and relatives of everyone Abu Nidal ever killed while Qaddafi provided financial and logistical support. Same thing for the survivors of acts of the Provisional IRA, the Basque Fatherland and Liberty, the Umkhonto We Sizwe, the Polisario Front, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, and the Moro National Liberation Front. Qaddafi gave them all weapons, money, and training.

Ask the survivors of these groups' actions. "Hi there, I'm a Lybian and I think Qaddafi is an innocent man. Don't you agree with me?" I'm happy to go with whatever they tell you.

I wouldn't expect Americans to believe otherwise. Again, you have been lied to. Lockerbie informants were paid $4mill each and have since retracted their statements. I have nothing to prove so I will leave it there. Except there are terrible gadianton robbers taking hold of not only your country...but everywhere!