Experience from the unseen world?

AGStacker

Hello all,

So I just went through the Temple for the first time on Tuesday. It was absolutely amazing. My most spiritual experiences occurred when I first got into the Temple and waited for the Temple guide, when I sat waiting for the Endowment to begin and also when I went into the Celestial room. The feeling of being there, seeing loved ones there and the hugs were amazing!

The actual Endowment and all that went on was also amazing but my spiritual sense was somewhat delayed do to everything being new and the learning curve. I of course felt the spirit there as well but since it was my first time the more simple elements touched my heart more drastically. I am going again today with my fiance and we are getting married on Saturday!

Well, this leads me to my actual thread. Last night before bed I began to pray and as I was praying it felt as if someone was stepping behind me. Essentially it felt as if the carpet was compressing downward as if someone was walking on it. This was happening directly behind me. It wasn't one or two steps but multiple ones as if someone was marching in place. I continued to pray and thought it must be the cat. Well, after I got done praying I turn around and no cat. I went to the kitchen and the cat was just sitting on the tile. I didn't have a bad feeling about it and it was late but am certain to what I was feeling.

I have never ever experienced something like this before.

Any thoughts?

PS The way the Mesa, Arizona Temple is constructed, the only one I've been through after dedication, felt like being in another world. Not like I was on another planet but that I had been to ancient times. It looked and felt like a city within a city for me.

I'll be honest, in similar circumstances I would just rule it my senses playing tricks on me rather than assume it was an angel standing on the carpet behind me while I was praying. Note that I'm not saying it couldn't have been an angel, just what my conclusion would be in similar circumstances.

I'll be honest, in similar circumstances I would just rule it my senses playing tricks on me rather than assume it was an angel standing on the carpet behind me while I was praying. Note that I'm not saying it couldn't have been an angel, just what my conclusion would be in similar circumstances.

I am definitely not insinuating that it was an angel or relative who has passed away. I wouldn't even mention it unless it was DEFINITELY out of the ordinary.

Thanks.

I am definitely not insinuating that it was an angel or relative who has passed away. I wouldn't even mention it unless it was DEFINITELY out of the ordinary.

Thanks.

My line of thinking was this if it was an actual experience (as opposed to a trick of the senses) you described a perceived physical interaction with the environment -> needs a body -> angel versus spirit. My apologies if I came across as attributing the position "it was an angel" to you.

Last night before bed I began to pray and as I was praying it felt as if someone was stepping behind me. Essentially it felt as if the carpet was compressing downward as if someone was walking on it.

Any thoughts?

I have had a similar experience. Years ago, I was prompted by the spirit to go have a conversation with my boss that I did not want to have. I was pretty certain that I wasn't in the right state of mind to have the conversation, and I was also pretty sure even if I was, the boss wouldn't react well and it would all be a waste of time. But the spirit prompted me, so I went. As I got up out of my chair and started walking towards her cube, it honestly felt like someone had picked me up by my rear belt loop and was pushing me forwards.

I didn't have a bad feeling either. It was more like a wiser family member giving me the push I needed to go do something that needed to be done. I had never felt anything like that before, or since.

What was it? I have no clue. I'm content with Dravin's guess, I'm content with it being a genuine manifestation of the spirit or an angel or what have you. Whatever it was, it helped me do what I needed to do.

Trust yourself. You really are the only one to know what happened and how it felt. I would have no idea why it happened.

When I was nine my brother and I were supposedly picking cherries for someone. We were up in the tree laying down on branches plucking cherries above us and eating them pretending to be romans in ancient rome. A voice clearly saying "Here" spoke. I stopped. Thought and asked my brother if he heard that. He said he heard someone say "Here". Never did figure that one out. No one else was in the orchard at the time and no he did not know ventriloquism. (the voice came from the top of the cherry tree)

Now I have no doubt that most people wont believe either of us but I know it happened even if I do not know why.

I am going again today with my fiance and we are getting married on Saturday!

Congratulations!! :banana:

Any thoughts?

There have been times when I've been on my knees praying and felt very strongly that there was someone on the other side of the veil kneeling next to me, praying with me. Elder Holland gave a talk at BYU called "For Times of Trouble" which has given me hope in some of my darkest hours. Your question makes me think of his closing remarks ...

In the gospel of Jesus Christ you have help from both sides of the veil, and you must never forget that. When disappointment and discouragement strike—and they will—you remember and never forget that if our eyes could be opened we would see horses and chariots of fire as far as the eye can see riding at reckless speed to come to our protection. They will always be there, these armies of heaven, in defense of Abraham’s seed.

PS The way the Mesa, Arizona Temple is constructed, the only one I've been through after dedication, felt like being in another world. Not like I was on another planet but that I had been to ancient times. It looked and felt like a city within a city for me.

I received my endowment this past May at Salt Lake. I had my interview with my Bishop, and then he just with me about what it means to go to the temple. He told me that there are some things that can not be "in the world" and that when we are in the temple, we are very literally out of the world. The world has no business inside the temple. That's what I remember most about my first time through. I remember sitting there and really feeling that I was away from everyday life. There's no noises to distract you, no cars driving by, no one yelling, just peaceful quiet. Perfect for hearing a still, small voice.

Hello all,

So I just went through the Temple for the first time on Tuesday. It was absolutely amazing. My most spiritual experiences occurred when I first got into the Temple and waited for the Temple guide, when I sat waiting for the Endowment to begin and also when I went into the Celestial room. The feeling of being there, seeing loved ones there and the hugs were amazing!

The actual Endowment and all that went on was also amazing but my spiritual sense was somewhat delayed do to everything being new and the learning curve. I of course felt the spirit there as well but since it was my first time the more simple elements touched my heart more drastically. I am going again today with my fiance and we are getting married on Saturday!

Well, this leads me to my actual thread. Last night before bed I began to pray and as I was praying it felt as if someone was stepping behind me. Essentially it felt as if the carpet was compressing downward as if someone was walking on it. This was happening directly behind me. It wasn't one or two steps but multiple ones as if someone was marching in place. I continued to pray and thought it must be the cat. Well, after I got done praying I turn around and no cat. I went to the kitchen and the cat was just sitting on the tile. I didn't have a bad feeling about it and it was late but am certain to what I was feeling.

Any thoughts?

It's quite possible that it was an other individual. It may have been a trick of the senses. Edited by Blackmarch