I need a buddy, or a 2012 weight loss group

Blocky

I want to loose 30 pounds in the next 5 months. I planned on starting a month ago, and I did not. I think a little accountability from someone other than myself might just be the kick I need to get going. It's kind of like my house, if I know someone is coming over, I'll clean it a little more than otherwise. If I know I'm going to check in with someone once a week, I'll keep on it to avoid that nasty little thing called guilt. Anyone want to help a sister out;)

I have a 2012 weight loss support group under groups. Or if you want I can help you. I'll be doing the same thing in anticipation of my trip to Alaska in July. So we could help each other out.

I see that group now! For some reason this sight has a problem letting me join groups. I go to join and it asks me to log in (which I already was) so I sign in again... then it redirects me back but I'm still not a member of the group. Thus begins the cycle of me logging in over and over again but to no avail.

Do you think having a weekly check in person is helpful or do you find that the group seems to keep you on the 'straight and narrow' of weight loss?

I think I'm leaning towards a check in person for at least the first two months.

I see that group now! For some reason this sight has a problem letting me join groups. I go to join and it asks me to log in (which I already was) so I sign in again... then it redirects me back but I'm still not a member of the group. Thus begins the cycle of me logging in over and over again but to no avail.

Blocky you have the same root problem as was discussed here http://www.lds.net/forums/how-do-i-questions-forum/42906-account-problems.html

Your symptoms are a bit different but the root problem is the same. And the fix is the same. Follow the directions given to Cneve and we will work to get you full access.

Please use that thread to further discuss the issue so we don't further derail this one.

I need this group too. But, I found that the internet is to impersonal for me to make it work. It's a problem for work-from-home mothers - we're too isolated. All my friends don't work because I really don't care if they see me in my worst. My work friends would have worked because I always feel I need to look my best at the workplace - but, I don't have to go to the work place except for maybe once or twice every 6 months which just leads me to procrastinate...

The only thing I can do is watch cholesterol, blood pressure, that kind of stuff - which isn't really a weight loss thing.

I need to lose 40 lbs. Yes, 40. It used to be 20 last year. That's how bad I've let myself go!