Coffee And The Word Of Wisdom

LionHeart

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

:lol::lol: Shan isn't LDS, Desire, and so is not constrained by our doctrines.

Yes, sorry about that. Wasn't trying to mislead you Desire... I was assuming you knew I wasn't LDS.

Oh. I knew.

Ex, right?

But it was just the "it isn't a commandment" part I find interesting.. But whatever.

I don't believe in LDS prophets... which would also mean that I don't believe God gave the WoW commandment.

<div class='quotemain'>

O.S.,

So if she murders-she wont be held to such strict ramifications because she is not LDS? (Just tongue in cheek)

Dr. T

well, not quite as strict. Some fire, but less brimstone. :lol:

:lol: Sorry to laugh at your pain Shan, but O.S. was funny!

Dr. T

<div class='quotemain'>

I don't believe in LDS prophets... which would also mean that I don't believe God gave the WoW commandment.

lol. It wasn't to do with prophets... but that God himself told you that they were wrong. That is all.

I prayed for the answer and received one. Just like some LDS have a testimony that it is true, I have one that it isn't. Not everyone gets the same answer, it seems.

I had a bishop some time back who explained it to me this way

They said no tobbacco, now it kills

they said no strong drinks, now it kills and kills innocence

they said no drugs/narcotics, now it kills

they said no hot drinks, now theres stomach ulcers

They gave us a healthy eating plan, now theres obseity.

Who else but God knew this?

If you follow the Word of Wisdom you will be healthy and live a long and happy life.

When I asked about soda, he told me its not against the rules, I dont drink it out of choice but the headaches stopped when I gave it up.

Myself I learnt this the hard way

My grandad and uncle died from lung cancer, my cousin died from drugs, my friend has an ulcer which his doctor said came directly from coffee, I had a drink problem. It made me miserable, uncaring about the world and the best day of my life was not so long ago when I poured every last drop down the drain, now I sleep better, have lost 12lbs, am alert longer and actually have fun at work and at home. The things we are warned against are addictive and to be controlled by something is powerful. I know I only want to be controlled by myself.

So are the Words of Wisdom words of God. Yes, because as time evolved we learnt the dangers of all we were warned against.

That was addressed to someone completely different...

and I needed a way to stop the repetitve conversation with said person.

That was the best way I could think of at the time to end it..

but I thought of a better one just now anyway.

You don't need 'a way' to stop a conversation with me. Just stop. We were having some miscommunication and I was trying to explain what I meant after you asked me a question about it.

We have differing beliefs, and that is OK. :)

Ok how many of you truley fallow the word of wisdom? And i am talking about you diet coke drinkers too! and those who over indulge in meats sugar etc..

I know if we fallowed it sticktly their would be less obese lds, when i was in Utah i could not belive all the fast food and junk fellow LDS people were downing, and you could tell by how many people were way over weight. i grew up there and yes alot do drink diet coke and eat alot of junk, isnt that disobaying the word of wisdom? those with out guilt cast the first stone! what happened to every thing in moderation?

Ok how many of you truley fallow the word of wisdom? And i am talking about you diet coke drinkers too! and those who over indulge in meats sugar etc..

I know if we fallowed it sticktly their would be less obese lds, when i was in Utah i could not belive all the fast food and junk fellow LDS people were downing, and you could tell by how many people were way over weight. i grew up there and yes alot do drink diet coke and eat alot of junk, isnt that disobaying the word of wisdom? those with out guilt cast the first stone! what happened to every thing in moderation?

So is it just Utah members who fit into the catagory above? :dontknow: