Banning tattoos and piercings from public parks?

Bini

Here's one news article: Should tattoos and piercings be banned in public places? - ABC4.com - Salt Lake City, Utah News

I understand the concern as to WHY this is a serious consideration but I don't agree with it. How would this be enforced? What body art/modification is considered offensive and what isn't? Certain words? Nudes? Bizarre mods? And who decides this?

I think it would be a ridiculous ban. It's PUBLIC places. Unless someone is being a complete bad word and breaking already-existing laws, who cares? Perhaps people should learn to stop being offended.

My only point of agreeing with them is that if they paid to get in (such as a public pool) house management should have something to say.

Here's one news article: Should tattoos and piercings be banned in public places? - ABC4.com - Salt Lake City, Utah News

I understand the concern as to WHY this is a serious consideration but I don't agree with it. How would this be enforced? What body art/modification is considered offensive and what isn't? Certain words? Nudes? Bizarre mods? And who decides this?

Heyyyy watch the name calling in regards to mods. :lol:

It never fails to amaze me how much people think they can live everyone's lives better than the person involved. Let them manage their own lives and leave everyone else to manage their own. If they dont like tattoos or piercings then I would suggest they not get any and not view others if it bothers them that much.

Are they afraid someone might get an idea from them? I have often gotten the idea that piercings look awful and painful. Tattoos may be pretty but yikes so many needle pokes.

Maybe it would be better for those people bothered to have a private park for themselves. They can call it the Better Than You Park. Then they can ban whoever they want to ban.

MMmmmm, we have lots and lots of people around my neck of the woods with tats and piercings.

My knee jerk reaction to seeing a 19 year old girl with not very professional tats all over her checks, neck, shoulders arms and midriff -

Wow- a human memo pad. And it is un-erasable to boot!