"Beware of Catan", I say.

Settlers of Catan is a board game series, along the colonization/economics line of play.

Other really fun boardgames i enjoy:

Knightmare Chess

Risk 2210

Axis and Allies (older version with the new units expansion)

Stratego

Battlestar Galactica

Civilization

Battletech (more for the more tactical dice rolling game type folks)

Edited by Blackmarch

Cool!!! I love monopoly, battleship, cluedo, scrabble, don't think I know any others... :-(

Awww, it's horrible cause it's days like today that I actually want my little darlings to grow up so I can play a board game with them, or do something fun like most normal families do!!!

At the moment when we play Trouble they'll cry if they don't get a 6 straight away, it is sooooo stressful and frustrating playing games with them at the moment, they take after me too much and are WAY too competitive! If we play a Wii game, again their co-ordination isn't great so they get bored. Catch the ball is ok, for the first 5 minutes, though they seem to last forever chucking it back and forth. And last but not least is their favourite game of Give Mummy a Heart Attack by Falling High Off of the Play Thingamajig at the Park Straight onto Your Face!!! It's hilarious, my little boy did it today, ended up with 1/2 of his forehead swollen and bruised, and he was fine and off playing in no time yelling, "Mummy, I'm STARVING!!!" for the thousandth time, but mummy (me) wanted to cry.

I don't like these games any more, I say to them, and for some strange reason, they want to go back to playing Catch all day long!