Riddles

Dr T

The crying man riddle:

You whiz around the corner in your rented moped when suddenly you're forced to come to a sudden stop.

It seems a funeral procession has stopped for a quick breather. Empathy overwhelms you and you offer your condolences to the whimpering man nearby. "Were you close?" you ask, wishing you hadn't.

After a moment, the man replies, "Brothers and sisters I have none, that man's father is my father's son."

That sounds sarcastic, you think to yourself. Maybe the guy doesn't want to tell you, which is fine, but there's no reason to be a smarty pants about it.

Or, perhaps the clever among can see this is the real answer.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The crying man riddle:

...you offer your condolences to the whimpering man nearby. "Were you close?" you ask, wishing you hadn't. After a moment, the man replies, "Brothers and sisters I have none, that man's father is my father's son."... Or, perhaps the clever among can see this is the real answer.

Without looking at the other answers, I would say that the dead person is the mourner's son (whimpering man).

M.

Okay...here's one:

In the Christmas song "Jingle Bells" what's the name of the horse that pulls the one horse open sleigh?

I'm going to guess Bobtails is the horse's name.

M.

You're sitting at a bar, a dank hole in Funky Town, USA.

You have an award that says, most likely to be the character in a riddle . . . looking around your attention finds a small chair with a mobile entity covering it with it's lesser half . . . It speaks, you hear "Glass of water please . . . " You see the bartender examine the seated man for a moment. He then reaches under the counter and pulls out a shotgun and points it point-blank in the man's face. The seated man speaks again "Thank You" he says, and walks out of the bar . . . How is it that the man get what he needed?

You're sitting at a bar, a dank hole in Funky Town, USA.

You have an award that says, most likely to be the character in a riddle . . . looking around your attention finds a small chair with a mobile entity covering it with it's lesser half . . . It speaks, you hear "Glass of water please . . . " You see the bartender examine the seated man for a moment. He then reaches under the counter and pulls out a shotgun and points it point-blank in the man's face. The seated man speaks again "Thank You" he says, and walks out of the bar . . . How is it that the man get what he needed?

the man had the hic ups