Introduction

bjinterfaith2012

Greetings from Hanford, California:

I have three goals in mind for being on this forum.

Goal 1: Apologoize to the LDS

Goal 2: Would like to learn more about the LDS

Goal 3: Would like to find an old Mormon friend that I have not hear from in many years.

Goal 1: I would like to take this opportunity to formally apologize to THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS for ANY past ignorance or misunderstandings that I have had growing regarding the LDS church. Growing up in my area, I was introduced to the Evangelical/Pentecostal churches which were not inter-faith minded or embracing of other churches in those days. I have no affiliation with such churches today. I have never meant to offend anyone in the Mormon church due to my past ignorance and misunderstandings so I am offering my sincerest apologies. I am very PRO Interfaith now and my goals are to be more involved in the Intefaith movement so that ALL of God's people, whatever church they attend, will learn to accept others more and not spread disinformation or hatred about other churches.

Goal 2: As someone who has misunderstood the LDS, I am approaching it now with the open mind of at least HOPING that I can make some Mormon friends and to at least learn more about the LDS church.

Goal 3: I hope to make some Mormon friends and I hope that in time, if somebody could please help me with something. I have a request: I lost contact with a Mormon friend I once knew back in 1999. The last time I heard from her would have been in 2001. Could help me find her so I can talk to her? I owe her a HUGE apology and I just want to know if she is okay and doing well. I have been missing her VERY much lately.:(

Thank you for prayers,

Joe B.

Edited by john doe
removed personal information

A VERY SPECIAL MESSAGE TO SOMEONE SPECIAL THAT I ONCE KNEW BACK IN 1999: To my friend, Ann Kyte (who used to live in Kanab, Utah) who I have not heard from now since September of 2001: PLEASE.......can you contact me? If you are reading this I NEED you to contact me, please!

My Facebook pages:

Joe Bettencourt | Facebook

My email:

[email protected]

A VERY SPECIAL MESSAGE TO SOMEONE SPECIAL THAT I ONCE KNEW BACK IN 1999: To my friend, Ann Kyte (who used to live in Kanab, Utah) who I have not heard from now since September of 2001: PLEASE.......can you contact me? If you are reading this I NEED you to contact me, please!

Welcome, but please don't place personal information on here. I understand you're looking for someone who has been out of your life for 11 years, but have you considered that maybe if she's been out of your life for over a decade that you should probably move on?

You might try other Kytes in Kanab and see if any are related.

Edited by Dravin
Removed quoted personal information that has been removed from the OP

I ... will learn to accept others more and not spread disinformation or hatred about other churches.

Hi bjinterfaith, I just wanted to thank you for your apology and statement. As I drive around, I see a lot of bumperstickers. I've always wanted to find someone sporting a 'coexist' sticker, to see if they really meant it, or if they were just practicing the discrimination of the mainstream diversity crowd (i.e. - if one doesn't totally tolerate everything all the time, one is hated, labeled, and discriminated against.)

Glad to meet you, and I'm glad to see you're following the dictates of your own slogan. Good luck finding your person!

It is nice to meet all of you. Sorry about the personal message but I did limit it to just name and past city and state. I have been missing her a lot lately so to anyone who has ever missed somebody special in their life, perhaps you can relate. I won't do it again since I do want to follow guidelines.

Sorry...I am hoping somebody could help me find her.

BJ, my friend, I understand where you're coming from. If I can take a guess, you're in one of the following situations:

1) You just recently broke up with somebody and remember a relationship that went sour for some reason, but because time has salved the reasons they went sour, you just remember the good times and how much you enjoyed each others company.

2) You're currently in a relationship and you're at the 'bored' stage. You remember someone from your past and want to rekindle an old flame. Maybe you want to feel attractive, or recapture your youth and the carefree times(So it seems from looking back) of that time.

We've all been there, my friend - Looking at an old relationship and wondering about 'what if'. My advice to you would be to let it go. You'll stop yourself from finding a new relationship if you plunge yourself in to the past, or of healing your current one because literally nobody can live up to a memory.

Not even the person you have a memory of.

It may not be "Friend Finder".. It's something like that but no, it's not a hook-up dating site..

I agree with FT about moving on :] At least, don't drain yourself over searching out a missed connection over a decade ago.

It is with great joy that I want to share with all of you that she found me!! Ann Facebooked me yesterday!!

And we have reconcilled so we are good....I AM VERY HAPPY! I thank the good God up above for this...It is nice to have my special friend back in my life again after so many years.

We have a lot of catching up to do.

Thank you all for you advice but this one was always special to me...so at the very least, she is my friend again so it is nice that one of my three goals have been me!

I will gradually work on the the other two and I found a link to the Book of Mormon online.

I welcome anyone on this list who wants to be my Facebook, please feel free to Facebook me and thank you for your friendship! Here is my Facebook pages if any of you are ever interested in being my Facebook friend:

Thank you all for your help and advice.

God bless,

Joe B.

Hanford, CA

U.S.A.