How long is a typical disfellowship?

cadeswenson

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You forget, Eowyn: He has seen it. The gig is up. We are exposed.

All it takes is five minutes on these forums to realize the truth of my claims. See Vort your being dishonest in this post. You know it exactly what I meant, yet, you choose to be dishonest. You provided a shining example, sir.

ee Vort your being dishonest in this post.

That's a big boy claim, MasterOrator. That means you now have to be a big boy and back it up. Demostrate my supposed dishonesty, lest you be branded the liar and justly accused of bearing false witness.

That's a big boy claim, MasterOrator. That means you now have to be a big boy and back it up. Demostrate my supposed dishonesty, lest you be branded the liar and justly accused of bearing false witness.

"being deliberately deceptive"

This is your third post in a row that you have been dishonest.

"being deliberately deceptive"

This is your third post in a row that you have been dishonest.

Back it up, MasterOrator. It's easy enough to expose my dishonesty. Just point it out. Saying "the last three posts!" doesn't do it. You need to explicate what is dishonest.

Back it up, MasterOrator. I say you are lying. It's easy enough to expose my dishonesty. Just point it out. Saying "the last three posts!" doesn't do it. You need to explicate what is dishonest.

Mr. Vort, are you saying you are not being deliberately deceptive? If you are indeed saying that, what do you deem as being deliberately deceptive?

evidence 1: posts I said seen, when he knows I meant read

Is that not being deliberately deceptive?

evidence 2: When I saying shining example he wants to put it in his sig as a good thing.

evidence 3: says I am a liar or bear false witness, implying will be judged harshly (nonsense)

Mr. Vort this is just one thread, indeed, you are being dishonest.

I think the quote I posted on June 20th fits perfectly into this:

"We all need to know what it means to be honest. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving."

James E Faust

Mr. Vort, are you saying you are not being deliberately deceptive?

Indeed, that is precisely what I'm saying. I am gratified you managed to figure this much out.

If you are indeed saying that, what do you deem as being deliberately deceptive?

I deem it deliberately deceptive when you intentionally try to make people believe something that you know to be false.

What do you believe it means?

evidence 1: posts I said seen, when he knows I meant read

In what possible sense is this at all deceptive? I used your own words. Furthermore, I used them in the precise way you used them. There was no deception in any possible sense in what I wrote. I merely restated your claim (which was a ridiculous claim, which is why I restated it -- I disbelieve that you have seen here what you claim, whether "seen" means "viewed" or "read").

evidence 2: When I saying shining example he wants to put it in his sig as a good thing.

Did you not LOL?

That means you recognized that I was joking. This is further evidenced by the fact that, despite your false claim that I "[want] to put it in [my] sig", I have not done so -- which if I wanted to I would easily do.

evidence 3: says I am a liar or bear false witness, implying will be judged harshly (nonsense)

How so? How is that deceptive? I said that if (note the word) you were unable to substantiate your claims, that would render you a liar and a bearer of false witness. This is not deceptive. This is a simple statement of fact, or at least my opinion of the fact.

Mr. Vort this is just one thread, indeed, you are being dishonest.

For the last time, when you level a charge of dishonesty, those are fighting words. You must do much more than simply level the charge. That is cowardly, and also in explicit violation of the agreement you signed when entering this site. When making such a charge, it is incumbent upon you, the accuser, to make your case.

This should not be difficult, MasterOrator. All you need to do is to point out specifically where I have been dishonest. Your previous attempt was, of course, silly, because nothing you mentioned was in any sense dishonest. But if your charge is not false, I am sure you can find multiple examples of my dishonesty. Please do so.

Hey, Mr.Vort just to be clear I am not mad or trying to be hurtful towards you. I was really just sticking up for yaya. Just don't like when a person gets ganged up on. That is why I said people on forum are dishonest. I clearly used too strong of words and apologize. OH and the last few posts have been for fun, I can delete if you would like. Also I enjoy reading your posts they are funny, even if they are sometimes deliberately deceptive.

I think the quote I posted on June 20th fits perfectly into this:

"We all need to know what it means to be honest. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving."

James E Faust

Great quote, Pam. In what way do you see it fitting into this conversation?

Hey, Mr.Vort just to be clear I am not mad or trying to be hurtful towards you.

Remember the "deliberately deceptive" part, MasterOrator? I doubt anyone believes you in this. Of course you are trying to be hurtful. It's kind of laughable for you to pretend otherwise.

I was really just sticking up for yaya. Just don't like when a person gets ganged up on.

Sticking up for someong being ganged up on is admirable. In this case, yaya was not being ganged up on. She expressed an opinion that many disagreed with. She claimed that dishonesty was the best and most acceptable route. We disagreed.

You decided that it would be best to counter rational argumentation with ad hominem. This is an implicit admission that you can't win the debate on its own terms, so instead you start hacking away at those who disagree. This is deeply and implicitly dishonest. You should strive to avoid such things.

Also I enjoy reading your posts they are funny, even if they are sometimes deliberately deceptive.

You just can't figure out when to leave well enough alone, can you?

You are barely older than my oldest son, so I'm inclined to give you a pass on this whole thing. But believe it or not, you will meet with people much less friendly than I and much more likely to carve you into pieces while they laugh at your bleeding. Unless you know what you're talking about -- and in this case, you clearly do not -- you are better off not throwing punches, lest you find yourself searching on hands and knees for your spleen.

You are barely older than my oldest son, so I'm inclined to give you a pass on this whole thing. But believe it or not, you will meet with people much less friendly than I and much more likely to carve you into pieces while they laugh at your bleeding. Unless you know what you're talking about -- and in this case, you clearly do not -- you are better off not throwing punches, lest you find yourself searching on hands and knees for your spleen.

Physically threatening me over the internet, this is a first.

Because honesty is more than just withholding information to a later date to satisfy yourself. It's having the courage, no matter the consequences, to set things right.

It's "truth living." It makes me think of one of the questions for a temple recommend. Are you honest in your dealings with your fellowmen? Well yes but...there was that one little incident where I broke the law of chastity and the rules of BYU so I could graduate. I just didn't tell them.

Physically threatening me over the internet, this is a first.

Are you in all seriousness unable to comprehend metaphor? And did you really and truly miss that I was talking about others, not myself?

You are either unbelievably naive and poor at reading comprehension, or you are a troll.

You decided that it would be best to counter rational argumentation with ad hominem. This is an implicit admission that you can't win the debate on its own terms, so instead you start hacking away at those who disagree. This is deeply and implicitly dishonest. You should strive to avoid such things.

Of the form tu quoque to be a little more specific.

Are you in all seriousness unable to comprehend metaphor? And did you really and truly miss that I was talking about others, not myself?

You are either unbelievably naive and poor at reading comprehension, or you are a troll.

It is clear I have power over you Mr.Vort. At an older age I would expect you to have more wisdom then you have. To physically threaten me, even in around about way, shows you how much power I have over you.

Like you, I also have much to learn. For starters, if I may, I think you should read the talk patience is a power.

Patience Is a Great Power - Marvin J. Ashton

It is clear I have power over you Mr.Vort. At an older age I would expect you to have more wisdom then you have. To physically threaten me, even in around about way, shows you how much power I have over you.

Like you, I also have much to learn. For starters, if I may, I think you should read the talk patience is a power.

Patience Is a Great Power - Marvin J. Ashton

Vort didn't physically threaten you. He was using a metaphor.

Vort didn't physically threaten you. He was using a metaphor.

Regardless I took it as a physical threat. Therefore, it is a physical threat, grounds to file a restraining order and a slew of other things. NOT THAT I WILL! Just saying he better put his own metaphor in to practice.

At an older age I would expect you to have more wisdom then you have.

Join the club.

To physically threaten me, even in around about way, shows you how much power I have over you.

Poll: MasterOrator is

(a) someone who suffers from poor reading comprehension.

(b) a troll.