Olympic Closing Ceremony

pam

For some reason I spent most of the time listening to my phone going off because someone (I won't mention names) kept posting on my facebook page just to mess with me.

I liked it... although, c'mon if we're gonna showcase Britain, there is just nothing more British than James Bond and Harry Potter. And they weren't there. LOL.

The only "get out of here" one was the girl who wore nude leotards. Great singer, terrible outfits.

Monty Python was awesome. Spice Girls was awesome. The fashion show was... eh, lame. The Octopus was, eh, lame. And no Prince William...

I'm still in the process of watching it.

Not much of a fan for the music. I do recall Pet Shop Boys but I was totally clueless as to who One Direction were.. But I have heard of them. So far not too bad, not too good either. I'm not that far into the program though. I'm currently watching the Stomp performance, and I enjoy it. I got to see Stomp Out Loud in Las Vegas, and really enjoyed that. We'll see how the rest pans out. IF I even get around to watching it all.

Anatess, they showcased 007 and Harry Potter at the Opening Ceremonies.

I haven't finished watching it, yet. But, I heard they cut it off during The Who.

I absolutely abhorred NBC coverage this year. Horrible! During the gold medal match between USA and Brazil for women's indoor volleyball, they cut to a commercial break after the first set which US won resoundingly. After the 2 min or so of commercials we are taken to the middle of the 4th set! And this is when Brazil came back to win 2 sets! Are you freaking kidding me? You cut 2 sets of a gold medal performance?

But, they showed over 1 hour of WW2 coverage. So, during the Olympics we get a one hour history lesson, but you don't show all the sets of a gold medal match? Stupid, STUPID NBC!

Omgosh! Grew up listening to the Spice Girls, haha.. Good to see that Victoria Beckham has put on some weight, finally. Wow, flood of memories flashback..

LOL! I get ya, Bini! I went to the kitchen and I heard, "Now tell me what you want, what you really really want" and I almost slipped running back to the TV!!!

LOL! I get ya, Bini! I went to the kitchen and I heard, "Now tell me what you want, what you really really want" and I almost slipped running back to the TV!!!

I enjoyed the Opening Ceremony, especially the Bond and Harry Potter showcases but the music bit I wasn't really feeling.. I'm actually REALLY enjoying the Closing Ceremony - much more interesting to me and more lively. The atmosphere is different, too. Less tension and nerves? More enjoyment from the athletes and the audience, now that the games are over? Loved the Bollywood number!

Good advice. I'll delete her from my friends list pronto. :P

You can send her to mine. I'm a Facebook attention seeker. :)

I'm still in the process of watching it.

Not much of a fan for the music. I do recall Pet Shop Boys but I was totally clueless as to who One Direction were.. But I have heard of them. So far not too bad, not too good either. I'm not that far into the program though. I'm currently watching the Stomp performance, and I enjoy it. I got to see Stomp Out Loud in Las Vegas, and really enjoyed that. We'll see how the rest pans out. IF I even get around to watching it all.

Anatess, they showcased 007 and Harry Potter at the Opening Ceremonies.

One Direction is a current popular group. (Get yourself called into YW, and you'll learn quickly. :))

Edited by Wingnut

One Direction is a current popular group. (Get yourself called into YW, and you'll learn quickly. :))

Ho ho ho! That's funny! Yes, I've hear a lot about them but don't know anything about them. They sure look young, though.. How old are those boys? 12-15? LOL

I must be the only person in the UK (and the USA) that didn't watch any of the olympics, other than about 10 minutes that I saw on NBC in passing when walking through someones house, but I wasn't really watching (BTW, can I just say that the sheer quantity of adverts on American TV is shocking... can't help but appreciate the BBC and helps me to understand why we pay a TV license in the UK).

I read in the paper this morning on the way to work that 90% of the UK watched the olympics, and in the US it was the most watched televised event in US history.

I must be the only person in the UK (and the USA) that didn't watch any of the olympics, other than about 10 minutes that I saw on NBC in passing when walking through someones house, but I wasn't really watching (BTW, can I just say that the sheer quantity of adverts on American TV is shocking... can't help but appreciate the BBC and helps me to understand why we pay a TV license in the UK).

I read in the paper this morning on the way to work that 90% of the UK watched the olympics, and in the US it was the most watched televised event in US history.

I didn't watch any of it, but not by choice. I don't have a TV antenna right now and don't pay for cable.

I didn't watch any of it, but not by choice. I don't have a TV antenna right now and don't pay for cable.

Internet, Wing. It's available on the internet!

Heck, lots of shows can be found on the internet. For free.

I just saw this thread. And I'm so glad I'm not the only one. The closing ceremony was just awful.

I didn't want to say anything cuz the Brits are kinda like cool next door neighbor friends that you think the best of. But boy, it was bad.

Personally I thought the SLC winter ceremonies were the best! But I'm a little biased....

I think I'm going to have to watch it merely out of curiosity now. Depending on who you talk to, they were either fantastic or terrible, I'm not sure how so many people can be divided on a subject like this. It might also be worth seeing it from the different broadcasters.