The simple things

skoshmom

Hi everyone,

I was sitting here thankful to my Heavenly Father for all the blessings He gives to us. It's the simple things that matter the most I think. For instance,I absolutely love my little sheltie - sometimes when I say something, he'll just look directly into my eyes and then tilt his head, like he's trying to absorb everything I'm saying - it's just so sweet. I'm also terribly grateful for chocolate (in moderation of course)!!!! My husband, on the other hand, doesn't like chocolate, which I absolutely just do not understand :D (but he loves our sheltie as much as I do) Of course, there are a whole slew of other things, but I just wanted to keep this short.

What simple things bring joy to your life?

Being with family and helping my brothers and sisters with family task from going out to family reunions. Making my grandma smile, giving to others, and doing things in my community that's making a positive difference. The Church of Jesus Christ of these Latter-day Saints brings joy to my life constantly!!

The random statements little children make. Example, this was spoken by my youngest son,

"Mom, I want to tell you a story. Once upon a time there was an alien who wanted a dinosaur cake so he stole it, then he stole another and 3 and 4 and 5 and ate all of them. He got a tummy ache so I made him a bed and let him sleep in my room."

:D

It's the simple things that matter the most

I am reminded of a neighbor & good friend. I can not possibly begin to understand when he says "It is the simple things, the little things, that are hardest to accept".

I and a few other very select friends have felt honored & experienced the greatness of being asked to help him, allowed to button/unbutton his shirt sleeves &/or tieing his necktie on Sunday mornings, even buttoning up his collar.

Few know of his MS. Few know or see the "simple" or "little things" that he is no longer able to perform for himself. He is rarely seen at church without a tie, if his shirt sleeves are not buttonned they are rolled up.

He allows few to see how his life has changed over the recent years, though some have noticed the subtle differences, the ups & downs that occur from week to week.

When someone needs help, when he knows of a service opportunity n the ward, there he is, acting as "normal" as possible, doing his best to do whatever he can to help and serve.

I can only imagine what it must be like to feel so strongly about dressing up for church even when your fingers lack the coordination to button or tie.

My enlightenment came a few weeks ago when he leaned over to me during the sacrement & asked if I would hand him a sacrement cup. Only then did I realize how difficult it must truely be when the intention tremors in his hands & lack of finger coordination prevent even the most simple independance of partaking of the sacrement without help.

I am ever so impressed with how grateful he is that someone would so willing button a sleeve or tie a tie. I even caught the tears in his eyes as I handed him that cup.

Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "Simple Things".

A whole new world of things to be grateful for.

Edited by Sharky

Hi everyone,

I was sitting here thankful to my Heavenly Father for all the blessings He gives to us. It's the simple things that matter the most I think. For instance,I absolutely love my little sheltie - sometimes when I say something, he'll just look directly into my eyes and then tilt his head, like he's trying to absorb everything I'm saying - it's just so sweet. I'm also terribly grateful for chocolate (in moderation of course)!!!! My husband, on the other hand, doesn't like chocolate, which I absolutely just do not understand :D (but he loves our sheltie as much as I do) Of course, there are a whole slew of other things, but I just wanted to keep this short.

What simple things bring joy to your life?

Watching a rock monster beating the crap out of invading aliens.

</ goes and buys disaster insurance>