Facebook & Politics - VENTING!

slamjet

Ok, ok, this is a pretty heated political time but for the life of me, is it too much for people to behave? I have facebook friends who post political views from both sides of the spectrum. Not a problem. I may not agree but it's good to read them because I get to know not only what others think about issues, but I also get to know the poster better. It's actually very cool.

But I just unfriended one because she just kept on posting "are they dumb?" type stuff. The last one was the final straw, it was a rand about how stupid, dumb, ignorant the opposing party is about fiscal issues. Just full of vitriol. I don't need that.

So I unfriended her. We'll see what happens this Sunday in church. But man, now I lost some respect for this person. Is it too much to ask my friends to not subject me to this type of rabid hatred. At the least, it's what I don't want in a friends. :mad:

Facebook is extremely dangerous. They are a for profit company, and that is what drives them, even though it may hurt their users. Beware.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes it's also, "I now understand your point of view, I don't agree with it, but I respect that you don't agree with my point of view. Because I value our friendship more than I value being right, let's end our conversation civilly."

Also it could mean, "We need to stop before I proceed to choke that stupid point of view right out of your backward, lame, infantile, backside"

Facebook is extremely dangerous. They are a for profit company, and that is what drives them, even though it may hurt their users. Beware.

True. You need to be careful of what you "like" and which apps you add. Someone from my stake presidency researched it all and it can be dangerous.

I also just unfriended Panera and Culvers because I no longer live where they are and they put the most delicious looking stuff on facebook everyday. I just don't need to be taunted like that. :(

Facebook is not dangerous. Where do people get these off the wall ideas? Facebook is social media not atom bombs. They are dangerous to people who what to suppress truth and information however. Dangerous to their shenanigans.

Facebook is not a gospel doctrine issue so I dont care who says it. Its an opinion. Not going to say what kind of opinion but that is all it is.

Facebook is not dangerous. Where do people get these off the wall ideas? Facebook is social media not atom bombs. They are dangerous to people who what to suppress truth and information however. Dangerous to their shenanigans.

Facebook is not a gospel doctrine issue so I dont care who says it. Its an opinion. Not going to say what kind of opinion but that is all it is.

They get these ideas by researching and gathering data of how many personal computers have been attacked by viruses from apps added on facebook. It's smart to just not "like" anything exept your friends' status updates that aren't linked to outside source. It's really far less secure than most people think. A guy who works with my husband has had issues just recently with an app from facebook.

And then there are the stalkers. It's terribly naive to say they don't exist or that facebook is so tight they can't get personal info from vulnerable and stupid people..