Islam & Talk Radio

prisonchaplain

The media drumbeat against Islam, primarily aimed at convincing the public that Islam is inherently violent, coercive, and bent on conquest, is dangerously similar to Nazi propaganda against Jews in the mid-1930s.

Uh, speaking of Nazies and Muslims here's some REALLY interesting pictures that were probably not in your high school social studeis textbooks.

http://www.militantislammonitor.org/article/id/2543

By the way PC, have you ever asked your Islamic cleric what his vision of America is? If not, please ask him what his ideal America is and what kinds of laws would exist if the majority of Americans were Muslim.

Also, why demonize Michael Savage? I have only heard him a few times but he seems to have a braod background -- being originally a liberal Jew and eventually evolving into a conservative. He is blunt but could you give me some examples of what he says that might put him into the extremist camp?

I have also met Jews and Christians that have views of the countries I am living in that I am not happy with doesn't mean I think they should be hounded.

Charley

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest the_big_picture

I'm concerned about the tone and approach that many--including some religious leaders--have taken towards Islam and the War on Terror.

1. The War on Terror is not a war on Islam

2. There are plenty of "moderate Muslims," who are happy to live in western Democracies, and quietly practice their faith.

3. To argue that Muslims are dangerous because a few are and not enough of the rest condemn them to our satisfaction, is an outrageous standard.

4. The media drumbeat against Islam, primarily aimed at convincing the public that Islam is inherently violent, coercive, and bent on conquest, is dangerously similar to Nazi propaganda against Jews in the mid-1930s.

Speaking for my own faith, to condemn non-aggressors in such blanket fashion creates fear and hate. My God is not a God of fear, and my Scriptures tell me that He is love.

Bottom-line: We should be able to combat terror without resorting to mass barbarism.

I find this very offencive. Have you ever been to an islamic country?

This is one of the things that draws me to mormonism, its all pure goodness. According to the bible you can sell your daughter into slavery, disobeying children should be stoned.

According to islam its okay to take slaves if they are caprtured, and its okay to beat your wife.

I respect moderate christians and moslems that pick and choose and make their own religion and still call it islam and christianity, but in no way are you a true christian or muslim.

The terrorists are the real muslims. The inquisition where real christians.

LDS and the book of mormon is so pure, no piece of evil at all.

I find this very offencive. Have you ever been to an islamic country?

What do you find offensive, specifically? And, no I have not been to an Islamic country. I have interacted with a good number of Muslims in Washington and Florida. Additionally, I had a lengthy conversation with a Pakistani Muslim, while I was in Hong Kong. Finally, I was good friends with a classmate of mine who served as a missionary to a Muslim country.

This is one of the things that draws me to mormonism, its all pure goodness. According to the bible you can sell your daughter into slavery, disobeying children should be stoned.

You seem to forget that the Bible is part of the LDS canon of Scripture. :dontknow:

According to islam its okay to take slaves if they are caprtured, and its okay to beat your wife.

You can pull choice passages from just about any Scripture and distort it to look barbaric or ridiculous. Just visit an "anti" site--you'll find that such can be done to the BoM too.

I respect moderate christians and moslems that pick and choose and make their own religion and still call it islam and christianity, but in no way are you a true christian or muslim.

The terrorists are the real muslims. The inquisition where real christians.

Reading Scriptures selectively and ignorantly does not make one a "real" believer.

LDS and the book of mormon is so pure, no piece of evil at all.

Again, anyone can play with Scriptures and make them seem otherwise. There are off-shoots of the LDS faith, who claim to use the BoM to justify polygamy, forced marriages between middle age men and barely pubscent girls, etc.

Guest Yediyd

My father used to say that you can take the words "Holy Bible and put them onto a comic book and some poor fool will preach superman to ya!!!

PC is right, we Mormons do except the Bible as the word of G-d also...and he is right that you can take a verse out of context and make it into a pretext...

10 men who read a passage of scripture can come up with 20 versions of what they just read...why do you think this world HAS so many religions?

I see the word of G-d to be a giant mirror...and when the deciples were killed off...that mirror shattered... men have taken little pieces of that mirror and started churches...I believe that all religions have pieces of that truth...there is good in all religions (for the most part) I take the good and I don't believe the other "stuff"

I have an extensive library here at my house because I love to read the thoughts of other religious leaders and their scriptures...I don't believe all that I read...but I like to learn and I LOVE to read!!! :D

http://www.ldstalk.com/forums/blog/yediyd/...101#comment1363

Check out this blog entry...it is what I am talking about.

I sometimes truly question the sense of some people on this form... :tinfoil:

Thats why I haven't posted a lot lately, a lot of what I have seen on here lately is completely nonsensical.

note:

Bless you PC, you seem to be the voice in the wilderness with some common sense here.

:clap:

Guest the_big_picture

What do you find offensive, specifically? And, no I have not been to an Islamic country. I have interacted with a good number of Muslims in Washington and Florida. Additionally, I had a lengthy conversation with a Pakistani Muslim, while I was in Hong Kong. Finally, I was good friends with a classmate of mine who served as a missionary to a Muslim country.

Those people are surley good. But no real muslims.

You seem to forget that the Bible is part of the LDS canon of Scripture. :dontknow:

You seem to forgette that the bible was replaced cause all the other churches where wrong. LDS is a resurection of the original teachings.

You can pull choice passages from just about any Scripture and distort it to look barbaric or ridiculous. Just visit an "anti" site--you'll find that such can be done to the BoM too.

You can keep listen to GOOD people that happens to be born muslim. Or you can visit an islamic country when those teachings are put into practise. Everey day I hear stories of girls bing tortured cause they didnt cover themselves up.

And belive me Usama Bin Laden is a REAL muslim. He hasnt attacked US soil yet cause he got a lot of lexuring, "he didnt try to convert Bush first" as a real islamic jihad should be handled.

Reading Scriptures selectively and ignorantly does not make one a "real" believer.

Exactly thats why you must embrace it all and not things that might seem to brutal.

Again, anyone can play with Scriptures and make them seem otherwise. There are off-shoots of the LDS faith, who claim to use the BoM to justify polygamy, forced marriages between middle age men and barely pubscent girls, etc.

polygami was a good thing before welfare. How is an old woman supposed to take care of herself in those days?

---------------------------

I left my country cause of Islam being practised fully. And here you are preaching the godness and missunderstanding of islam cause you met some nice people.

The anger is boiling inside me, you have no Idea what Iv been true cause of islam. REAL Islam not what some good guys have told you...

Im going to ask this thread to be removed.

Guest Yediyd

You seem to forgette that the bible was replaced cause all the other churches where wrong. LDS is a resurection of the original teachings.

---------------------------

I left my country cause of Islam being practised fully. And here you are preaching the godness and missunderstanding of islam cause you met some nice people.

The anger is boiling inside me, you have no Idea what Iv been true cause of islam. REAL Islam not what some good guys have told you...

Im going to ask this thread to be removed.

I understand that you are angry and I feel for you Big picture...but that doesn't mean I agree with you about the Bible...our BoM did not REPLACE it...it is a COMPANION to the Bible...we Mormons still DO read and except the Bible to be the word of G-d...we see it as incomplete and with missing and arrorent parts...but we still except it as a whole...if you are seriously thinking about converting to LDS...you need to look further into what we believe about the word of G-d.

I don't think PC ment any disrespect to you...I am sorry you have been so hurt by muslims...but don't bring your anger here and put it onto good people like PC...one of the better members of this forum. Thank you.

Actually, I believe they use the Doctine and Covenants and the words of Brigham Young and Joseph Smith for most of their justifications for polygamy. It seems to me that the BoM is actually against the taking of plural wives without the blessing and authority of the Lord. Which authority, BTW, they don't have, no matter how much they might claim otherwise.

I respect the fact that you are upset...

You have experienced it all yourself...

My experience with Muslims is very differnt to yours...

I live in a Muslim country... With a Muslim government...

I have met Muslims in different countries...

I am not for a second taking away from what you have experienced... Just realise that others have had different experiences to what you have... Try to respect that at least..

On the same note, you can't expect others who have experienced other things in thier lives to be happy with you commenting on something you have not.. That is not fair...

I agree with Yediyd. I too am truly sorry that you have had bad experiences. But I also agree with PC. I've met many Muslims who are wonderful people. Very law abiding, friendly, positive people. I also don't think that PC meant any insult to you personally in his comments. PC would never do that. Attack someone directly.

Guest the_big_picture

I live in a Muslim country... Wish a Muslim government...

I have met Muslims in different countries...

No you dont if you speak like that. However you might live in a country where the majority calls themselves muslims. Like UAE, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Egypt, Marocco et c.

Then you have no idea what you talk about, cause none of those nations have sharia laws, wich mixes politics with religion.

No you dont if you speak like that. However you might live in a country where the majority calls themselves muslims. Like UAE, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Egypt, Marocco et c.

Then you have no idea what you talk about, cause none of those nations have sharia laws, wich mixes politics with religion.

Speak like what? :dontknow:

What I am saying is merely my experiences.. I am not saying that any of it is fact..

I notice that you conveniently left out the rest of my post :hmmm:

Guest the_big_picture

I left it out cause Iv already commented on that, there are nice people that happens to be muslims, yes.

<strike>I live in a Muslim country... With a Muslim government...

I have met Muslims in different countries...</strike>

I am not for a second taking away from what you have experienced... Just realise that others have had different experiences to what you have... Try to respect that at least..

On the same note, you can't expect others who have experienced other things in thier lives to be happy with you commenting on something you have not.. That is not fair...

The kind of experience others have had, So have I. Nice people are nice, and some are muslems, not a big deal. That has nothing to do with Islam, NONE.

Muhammad the prophet was a nice guy to, he abolished slavery et c, but later on he got greedy and said slavery was okay if it was people you have counqered, he then got upset on women he had forced to marry and established wife beating. One in particullar was a pretty jewish women that refused to wear a veil, she was a counqest after the massacre of the jews of Medina.

These laws he created are still being practised in muslim nations that are actually practising sharia law as islam says.

I dont think you understand, I "understand" rape victims but I dont realy udnerstand cause Iv never been raped, You have no idea what Im talking about.

I left it out cause Iv already commented on that, there are nice people that happens to be muslims, yes.

<div class='quotemain'>

<strike>I live in a Muslim country... With a Muslim government...

I have met Muslims in different countries...</strike>

The kind of experience others have had, So have I. Nice people are nice, and some are muslems, not a big deal. That has nothing to do with Islam, NONE.

Muhammad the prophet was a nice guy to, he abolished slavery et c, but later on he got greedy and said slavery was okay if it was people you have counqered, he then got upset on women he had forced to marry and established wife beating. One in particullar was a pretty jewish women that refused to wear a veil, she was a counqest after the massacre of the jews of Medina.

These laws he created are still being practised in muslim nations that are actually practising sharia law as islam says.

I dont think you understand, I "understand" rape victims but I dont realy udnerstand cause Iv never been raped, You have no idea what Im talking about.

I understand perfectly....

Like I said before... I am merely sharing my experiences.... And I have also said that I AM IN NO WAY TAKING AWAY FROM WHAT YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED... And at the same time it is not fair of you to do that to others...

"On the same note, you can't expect others who have experienced other things in thier lives to be happy with you commenting on something you have not.. That is not fair..."

When I said this I was not refering to experiences with Islam or Muslims... There is allot that others on this site have been through that you have not.. Try to at least respect that as we respect what you have been through and we have not.

Guest Yediyd

You are right Big...

We have no clue what it is REALLY like.

Sharia laws are barbaric and hideous...you have every right to be angry...but not at PC...he ment you no harm.

His post had no ill intent.

...and you are wrong about what we Mormons believe about the Bible.

You are right Big...

We have no clue what it is REALLY like.

Sharia laws are barbaric and hideous...you have every right to be angry...but not at PC...he ment you no harm.

His post had no ill intent.

...and you are wrong about what we Mormons believe about the Bible.

Yediyd is right... All we know is what we have seen on TV or what others have told us..

But there is allot of other things that you have no clue about..

:blush:

Actually, I believe they use the Doctine and Covenants and the words of Brigham Young and Joseph Smith for most of their justifications for polygamy. It seems to me that the BoM is actually against the taking of plural wives without the blessing and authority of the Lord. Which authority, BTW, they don't have, no matter how much they might claim otherwise.

Thank you for the clarification/correction. :blush:

Me thinks Big Picture has seen/experienced the most radical and barbaric interpretations of Islam and decided that such is the core spirit of the religion. If somebody did that to my faith, the snake handlers of Apalachia would be our "true believers."

IMHO, that dog don't hunt.

Guest Yediyd
:blush: <div class='quotemain'>

Thank you for the clarification/correction. :blush:

Me thinks Big Picture has seen/experienced the most radical and barbaric interpretations of Islam and decided that such is the core spirit of the religion. If somebody did that to my faith, the snake handlers of Apalachia would be our "true believers."

IMHO, that dog don't hunt. Well PC it seems that you know a little something about snakebite salvation! I'm originally from Clay County, West Virginia....My father was one of those snake handlers...now maybe you can understand the sour taste that is in my mouth about evangelicals!!! I don't see you as a crazy nut like my father was...but I have put all that tom-foolery far behind me!!! :wacko:

In the name of God

the beneficent,the merciful

It is good to talk about Islam.But I think it is not good to talk about it without reading Quran (the Holy Book of Muslims).And also it is good to know its teachings before making any judgement about it.It is not good to say that because for example Bin Laden is Muslim then Islam is a religion of killing .Alqaeda killes Muslims in Afghanistan and Iraq and Also Iran.So how can they be Muslim? If anyone read Quran ,he or she can find his or her answer about Islam that whether it is a religion of Terror or not.At the first pages of Quran we can see this answer.Quran says:

"And there are some people who say:we believe in Allah(=God) and the last day;and they are not at all believers.they want to deceive Allah(=God) and those who believe,and they deceive only themselves and they do not perceive. there is a disease in their hearts,so Allah(=God) added to their disease and they shall have a painful chastisement because they lied.And when it is said to them Do not make mischief in the land,they say:we are surely peace-makers.Surely they themselves are the mischief makers but they do not perceive. ... ."

So we see that God tells in the Quran that those who make mischief in the land would be Punished by God and Quran says that they don't believe in God.

Maybe some think that it is only a political or social religion to control people and it hasn't any spritual teaching in it. but in fact it isn't .It is so a compelete religion . Did you know that Islam has teachings in any aspect of life?

In addition to "the way of praying God" there are many teachings in it.

Did you know that Islam has teachings about "how to sleep"?Like: On which side of our body we Can sleep to sleep comfortable and in which direction it is better to sleep(north ,south,etc)? or so.

Did you know that Islam has teachings about the color of the Clothes ?Like :which color is good for our clothes?and How long our clothes is better to be?

Did you know that Islam has teachings about "the way of walking"?

Did you know that Islam has teachings about " the way of choosing a Wife or husband and also how should be a good wife or husband " ?

Did you know that Islam has teaching about the way of "Looking"?

Did you know that Islam has teachings about the way of "eating"?Like: what is good to eat and what is not good to eat .Like: what Can we do before eating and also after eating and so on ?

Did you know that Islam has teachings about the way of "Growing children"?

Did you know that Islam has teachings about the way of " saying Hello"?

Did you know that Islam has teachings about the way of "Bargain"?

Did you know that Islam has teachings about the way of "Drinking" Like :Is it good for us to sit or stand up during Drinking?

Did you know that Islam has teachings about the way of " Relationship with our friends "?

Did you know that Islam has teachings about the way of "Relationship with our parents"?

Did you know that Islam has teachings about the way of "helping Poors"?

and also it is good to know that there are seven teachings about " going to Toilet " like with which foot (left of right)it is good to enter the room,and so on.

Islam Answered all of those questions about 1400 years ago and Now it is Admitted by the science of Health.If I list its teachings it would be a big book.

In fact it is more than a religion.It is Also A way of Life.

But about JIHAD:

Well as I told you at the first, there are many verses in the Quran that condemn the killing of innocents.

Quran says that If a person kills an innocent person he would be punished by God and it is like killing all people of the Earth.

and Quran Tells Muslims that only when you are attacked you can defend yourself, your country,your wife and...so Muslims can't attack other countries and those who do this they are against of Islam's Teachings.

Also there are many Scientific aspect in Quran that is Wonderful.

Quran had said about 1400 years ago that "Earth and Moon and... are in motion and they have A Specific course in their motion"!

Quran had said about 1400 years ago that "the world is Expanding"!

Quran had said about 1400 years ago that one day "the stars would fall oneday and the sun one day would be dark".

there is also a pointing to the "relativity" and admit it!(about 1400 years ago)

there are many to say but it takes time.

It was only a short aspect of Islam.

Glory be to God!How great is God.

Guest the_big_picture

In the name of God

the beneficent,the merciful

It is good to talk about Islam.But I think it is not good to talk about it without reading Quran (the Holy Book of Muslims).And also it is good to know its teachings before making any judgement about it.It is not good to say that because for example Bin Laden is Muslim then Islam is a religion of killing .Alqaeda killes Muslims in Afghanistan and Iraq and Also Iran.So how can they be Muslim? If anyone read Quran ,he or she can find his or her answer about Islam that whether it is a religion of Terror or not.At the first pages of Quran we can see this answer.Quran says:

"And there are some people who say:we believe in Allah(=God) and the last day;and they are not at all believers.they want to deceive Allah(=God) and those who believe,and they deceive only themselves and they do not perceive. there is a disease in their hearts,so Allah(=God) added to their disease and they shall have a painful chastisement because they lied.And when it is said to them Do not make mischief in the land,they say:we are surely peace-makers.Surely they themselves are the mischief makers but they do not perceive. ... ."

So we see that God tells in the Quran that those who make mischief in the land would be Punished by God and Quran says that they don't believe in God.

Al Qaeda are pan arabic wahabis, And you do know that they share the same version of islam as most of pakistan and gulf arab? Have you not forgotten that even the house of saud are wahabis?

Maybe some think that it is only a political or social religion to control people and it hasn't any spritual teaching in it. but in fact it isn't .It is so a compelete religion . Did you know that Islam has teachings in any aspect of life?

In addition to "the way of praying God" there are many teachings in it.

Did you know that Islam has teachings about "how to sleep"?Like: On which side of our body we Can sleep to sleep comfortable and in which direction it is better to sleep(north ,south,etc)? or so.

Did you know that Islam has teachings about the color of the Clothes ?Like :which color is good for our clothes?and How long our clothes is better to be?

Did you know that Islam has teachings about "the way of walking"?

Did you know that Islam has teachings about " the way of choosing a Wife or husband and also how should be a good wife or husband " ?

Did you know that Islam has teaching about the way of "Looking"?

Did you know that Islam has teachings about the way of "eating"?Like: what is good to eat and what is not good to eat .Like: what Can we do before eating and also after eating and so on ?

Did you know that Islam has teachings about the way of "Growing children"?

Did you know that Islam has teachings about the way of " saying Hello"?

Did you know that Islam has teachings about the way of "Bargain"?

Did you know that Islam has teachings about the way of "Drinking" Like :Is it good for us to sit or stand up during Drinking?

Did you know that Islam has teachings about the way of " Relationship with our friends "?

Did you know that Islam has teachings about the way of "Relationship with our parents"?

Did you know that Islam has teachings about the way of "helping Poors"?

and also it is good to know that there are seven teachings about " going to Toilet " like with which foot (left of right)it is good to enter the room,and so on.

Islam Answered all of those questions about 1400 years ago and Now it is Admitted by the science of Health.If I list its teachings it would be a big book.

In fact it is more than a religion.It is Also A way of Life.

sounds much like a cult, there is one in particular. Hare Krishna, they force their followers to stay awake and pray, they have rules for evereything, they must sleep 10 minutes everey 1 hour. All cults have those strict rules.

But about JIHAD:

Well as I told you at the first, there are many verses in the Quran that condemn the killing of innocents.

Quran says that If a person kills an innocent person he would be punished by God and it is like killing all people of the Earth.

and Quran Tells Muslims that only when you are attacked you can defend yourself, your country,your wife and...so Muslims can't attack other countries and those who do this they are against of Islam's Teachings.

Sure they can as long as they try and convert the enemy first.

Also there are many Scientific aspect in Quran that is Wonderful.

Quran had said about 1400 years ago that "Earth and Moon and... are in motion and they have A Specific course in their motion"!

Quran had said about 1400 years ago that "the world is Expanding"!

Quran had said about 1400 years ago that one day "the stars would fall oneday and the sun one day would be dark".

there is also a pointing to the "relativity" and admit it!(about 1400 years ago)

there are many to say but it takes time.

It was only a short aspect of Islam.

Glory be to God!How great is God.

Please say them, there are so many islamic invensions all of them wrong. Why? Cause you can not give an invention any credit to a religion. Many of the islamic scientists where atheists. Many invensions existed long before.

Is the computer or the car a christian invension? No its not.

But I challenge you, show your islamic invensions and I wil prove them all wrong...

To start with...

---Quran had said about 1400 years ago that "Earth and Moon and... are in motion and they have A Specific course in their motion"!

The entire world knew that, the greeks, the romans, the persians even had their callendar after that. The native american indians knew that, the indian indians. And Im sure even the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) knew that like evereyone else.

---Quran had said about 1400 years ago that "the world is Expanding"!

Can you be more precise?

Are we speaking Physics now?

In the name of God.

yes ,in some cases you are right and some you are wrong.

Alqaeda are Wahabis and they read the Quran which all muslims read but they believe that if a wahabi kills a Shia he would be in paradise. How bad they are! It is against of Islams teachings because of what I had told before.Yes ,you are right that Hindus have many religious practices and they sleep only 10 min. but there is a big difference between this religion and Islam. Islam is not an inordinate religion and Islam doesn't force its follower to do what I wrote.It is in Islam that a Muslim should devide his or her times in a day in 3 parts:A part to pray God,A part to work and A part to gain scince.But Hindus only sit in a place,they don't work,most of them won't marry ,most are far from social activities,... but Islam Is also a social religion.

Here is not a scientific site to talk about science but religious and I don't want to talk about physics lol.

but If you mean that Muhammad (PbuH) had written Quran himself and it isn't God's words please read the Quran chapter Baqara verse:23 .

I think it is better for you to control your angry and first think then talk.You shouldn't bring your personal angry here.God is seeing all of us and our activities so be careful. B)

Guest the_big_picture

yes ,in some cases you are right and some you are wrong.

Alqaeda are Wahabis and they read the Quran which all muslims read but they believe that if a wahabi kills a Shia he would be in paradise. How bad they are!

They are also Pan arabs, Usama Bin Ladin killed people that spoke persian in afghanistan. The wahabis supported Saddam in the iran iraq war, when saddam wanted to "save" Irans milions of shia arabs to be united with other arabs. The entire arab world and wahabis rallyd behind him. The saudi king even said "go kill those fire worshippers".

So they are more anti Iran than anti shia.

It is against of Islams teachings because of what I had told before.Yes ,you are right that Hindus have many religious practices and they sleep only 10 min.

but there is a big difference between this religion and Islam. Islam is not an inordinate religion and Islam doesn't force its follower to do what I wrote.It is in Islam that a Muslim should devide his or her times in a day in 3 parts:A part to pray God,A part to work and A part to gain scince.But Hindus only sit in a place,they don't work,most of them won't marry ,most are far from social activities,... but Islam Is also a social religion.

You speak of those that seek enlightment, most hindus dont do that, only the most devouted that dont want to be reborn in the incarnations cycle.

Here is not a scientific site to talk about science but religious and I don't want to talk about physics lol.

but If you mean that Muhammad (PbuH) had written Quran himself and it isn't God's words please read the Quran chapter Baqara verse:23 .

if you are in doubt of what we have sent down to our worshiper (prophet muhammad), produce a chapter comparable to it. call upon your helpers, other than allah, to assist you, if you are true.

That dosent explain anything... It means get people to tell you that islam is the word of God?

I think it is better for you to control your angry and first think then talk.You shouldn't bring your personal angry here.God is seeing all of us and our activities so be careful. B)

As long as sharia lwas are bieng practised in Iran I will stay mad.

Guest the_big_picture

Sharia laws are barbaric...he has a right to be angry about them. I am too. :angry2:

Sharia laws where good during the dark ages. The Sharia laws came as a gift of goodness. It was the first law that gave rules that protected women, like getting half the inheritance isntead of the boys only. It gave women the right to say no to a marrige for the first time et c.

Even if these laws have been mostly ignoed there was a time when Sharia was the humane laws. It ended about 200 years ago.

Then America was created and made even better and humane laws. Outdating the sharia.

Remember cutting of hands cause of stealing is a good thing compared with the old fashioned hanging

<div class='quotemain'>

Sharia laws are barbaric...he has a right to be angry about them. I am too. :angry2:

Sharia laws where good during the dark ages. The Sharia laws came as a gift of goodness. It was the first law that gave rules that protected women, like getting half the inheritance isntead of the boys only. It gave women the right to say no to a marrige for the first time et c.

Even if these laws have been mostly ignoed there was a time when Sharia was the humane laws. It ended about 200 years ago.

Then America was created and made even better and humane laws. Outdating the sharia.

Remember cutting of hands cause of stealing is a good thing compared with the old fashioned hanging

which religion do you mean?If you mean these rules has come in the mormonism it is wonderful because most of these had come in Islam about 1400 years ago!