Hello! I'm new here, need help!

RAP93

Hey there ladies (and gents if there's any).

Just found this message board out of a need for help.

We will be moving our family in the summer and I"m trying to find info on schools and seminary programs. I have 2 girls currently in high school with release time seminary, meaning they can have an open hour at school where they can take their saminary class, and there's a building right on the shcool grounds. It's fabulous!

So,what I"m looking for is a way to find out about seminary programs at other schools. Is there a way to search for that, does the church have that info out there somewhere. There is high population of LDS kids where we live and I'd hate to move to a school district where it is drastically lower, if I can help it.

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Guest LiterateParakeet

I grew up in Arizona with Release time Seminary, just as you describe. Utah, and I think Idaho do as well.

I live in Washington, and we have early morning Seminary.

I know that Mountain View High School in Vancouver, WA does a Release Seminary. One of my best friends while growing up was very active in the church and did do this. And it is nearly next to the actual school as well.

I am not sure about the other schools in the area though.

I think that your best bet would be to contact your new ward and the high school your daughters will be attending and asking them.

I know that in the part of rural scotland I live in for a long time we didn't even have early morning seminary - when I was a student we had it in a tuesday evening before Young Womens - in recent years it has been early morning because all the youth now live in one town and attend the same high school and one of their parents is the teacher.

I think that your best bet would be to contact your new ward and the high school your daughters will be attending and asking them.

I know that in the part of rural scotland I live in for a long time we didn't even have early morning seminary - when I was a student we had it in a tuesday evening before Young Womens - in recent years it has been early morning because all the youth now live in one town and attend the same high school and one of their parents is the teacher.

That's the problem. We don't know exa try where we'll be yet. We won't be moving the kids til the summer. Husband started Wednesday but we don't want to pull the kids out if school.

I'd just hate to move to an area that has so few LDS kids from what mine are used to.

Wow - 30 LDS in one School - sounds amazing - I think the most I ever went to school with was 6 - my sister and me and 4 girls from another family in a different ward. At my first high school there were 2 of us and I wasn't active at the time so I guess that makes one - but we start high school at 12 by the time I reached seminary age I was active again. We couldn't have early morning seminary because it would have needed to start before the first bus ran inorder for me to get out to catch the bus to school so that wouldn't have worked

Wow - 30 LDS in one School - sounds amazing - I think the most I ever went to school with was 6 - my sister and me and 4 girls from another family in a different ward. At my first high school there were 2 of us and I wasn't active at the time so I guess that makes one - but we start high school at 12 by the time I reached seminary age I was active again. We couldn't have early morning seminary because it would have needed to start before the first bus ran inorder for me to get out to catch the bus to school so that wouldn't have worked

See, and 30 sounds like hardly any to me! There's probably nearly 200 at my kids highschool! That's out of about 1500 students though.