When Your Chocolate Craving is Out of Control

MorningStar

Apparently I'm suffering a fit of compassion:

MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

1 Coffee Mug

4 tablespoons flour(that's plain flour, not self-rising)

4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons baking cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)

Small splash of vanilla

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well . Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired. EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to share!)

(If you want the molten cake variety, you can swirl in a long drizzle of Hershey's chocolate syrup before baking).

I have all of those ingredients right now. Not sure how to microwave at 1000 watts. Would that be on high?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to demonstrate how ugly this could get, I attended a shindig with a hundred or so friends- and helped cater the desserts.

We had a cheesecake bar: key lime, New York-style, plain, and Peanut Butter cheesecake.

For toppings we had hot fudge, caramel, strawberry, blueberry, and raspberry sauces.

I have recipes on hand for Coconut Cream, Banana Crean, Cream-Cheese Pecan, Pumpkin, Dutch Apple, and Strawberry Chiffon Pie.

This won't be Mutual Assured Destruction- this will be full caloric annihilation.

I just had some homemade hot chocolate with candycane whipped cream and a little drizzle of chocolate syrup on top of that.

My four-year-old likes hot chocolate, but she doesn't do well with the heat, so she usually asks for "tepid chocolate" (which is really funny to hear her say). A few weeks ago, I made her some regular hot chocolate and dropped a scoop of peppermint ice cream in it to help cool it off. It was good. :)

I have many happy memories of watching Bugs Bunny with my dad on Saturday mornings. The best part was his laugh. I don't think I'll let myself get sucked in to that youtube abyss.

Edited by Eowyn

why am I torturing myself reading this thread????

I love chocolate but I am trying to loose weight and therefore have totally cut down my chocolate consumption (not given it up completely) but today when I was out shopping it seemed like everywhere I looked there was chocolate and I struggled so hard not buy it all and to be good and buy fruit instead - and I am volunarily torturing myself by reading all your talk of chocolate! I think it would be easier if I lived in the USA because I don't really like american chocolate.

Parraffin intolerant?

I have just spent alot of time in the USA and have discovered that other than really expensive chocolates I am don't like many american chocolate types - there are a few I like but in comparisson to how many British types of chocolate it is almost none - and because of that I didn't crave chocolate as much while I was working in the USA and going out shopping, as it just didn't have the same temptation!

Last night, I found a bag of Lindor chocolate truffles that I had purchased awhile back and forgotten about. I had just shoveled 18 inches of snow from our driveway and sidewalks. It was the perfect treat!

Edited by classylady