Your perception of ex Mormonism

Bini

LOL. It's funny that you would link a masturbation forum to fit your argument.

What argument? I was agreeing with you.

Actually, you can call me a liar all you want, but I actually am friends with some Ex-Mormons now that I argued with like you are doing with me now.

I wasn't calling you a liar. I was, however, impugning you as careless at best--and yes, with my link, I was hoping that people would read your own words and consider the possibility that you may have been more than a smidge biased as you carried out your analysis.

It doesn't sound like you try to hard to get people into the church.

Your mind is already made up. Why on earth should I try to change it? This is the Kingdom of God on earth, and it will go forward with or without you, me, or anyone else here on board.

Besides--I do think that your continued participation here--exposing your biases, historical misperceptions, and dubious reasoning in the process--may well do more for the Church's cause among more open-minded individuals, than I ever could. Provided, of course, that you don't fall into the common trap of believing that if you repeat incorrect history often enough you can somehow make it true.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it is just that when I claim I was a devoted member and people say I wasn't that is the "no true scottsman" fallacy by trying to refute my argument by saying I never truly believed in the first place. That is actually something I take offense to and is not refuting my argument at all.

In our Church, nothing can be worse than to have a true testimony and knowledge, and then turn against that sure knowledge. Denying the Holy Ghost once a sure knowledge and testimony of the Holy Ghost has been gained is something members are taught is the unpardonable sin. Is this sin solely LDS? Or do other Christians also believe that denying the Holy Ghost is the unpardonable sin? I don't know, as I was an atheist before becoming a member.

So wouldn't it be a kindness for members to suggest (if anybody actually has suggested it) that you didn't truly have a testimony?

Anyway, maybe I am wrong, but I don't remember reading a post in which anybody said you weren't devoted when you were a member.

Peace, ~TG

In our Church, nothing can be worse than to have a true testimony and knowledge, and then turn against that sure knowledge. Denying the Holy Ghost once a sure knowledge and testimony of the Holy Ghost has been gained is something members are taught is the unpardonable sin. Is this sin solely LDS? Or do other Christians also believe that denying the Holy Ghost is the unpardonable sin? I don't know, as I was an atheist before becoming a member.

So wouldn't it be a kindness for members to suggest (if anybody actually has suggested it) that you didn't truly have a testimony?

Anyway, maybe I am wrong, but I don't remember reading a post in which anybody said you weren't devoted when you were a member.

Peace, ~TG

I don't believe I lost any knowledge or testimony, I've only gained. I've gained the knowledge that I engaged in a fraud before. As for being an Atheist before, I would say that I wonder what one religion had that could have made you answer all of your logical doubt of external realities, or were you just an atheist apathetic to religion to begin with?

I would say that I wonder what one religion had that could have made you answer all of your logical doubt of external realities, or were you just an atheist apathetic to religion to begin with?

Can you re-word your question? I am not sure I know exactly what you are asking me. Sorry!

Can you re-word your question? I am not sure I know exactly what you are asking me. Sorry!

Were you an Atheist from de-converting from another religion? Did you actively discuss or debate religion or were you just born an Atheist and didn't really care about religion until you found the LDS church?

Were you an Atheist from de-converting from another religion? Did you actively discuss or debate religion or were you just born an Atheist and didn't really care about religion until you found the LDS church?

My father was agnostic. I was an atheist. My mother was Mormon (although I didn't know that until I joined the Church). My Cuban grandparents were Catholic. My American grandparents were Mormon.

Does that clarify anything? ^_^

My father was agnostic. I was an atheist. My mother was Mormon (although I didn't know that until I joined the Church). My Cuban grandparents were Catholic. My American grandparents were Mormon.

Does that clarify anything? ^_^

You're like a religious background mutt! :lol:

(I hope I didn't offend).