So Called Christian Board

Winnie G

Originally posted by Jenda+Mar 21 2004, 11:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenda @ Mar 21 2004, 11:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -White Mountain@Mar 20 2004, 06:32 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--Winnie G@Mar 20 2004, 11:39 AM

Jenda

When you were told take down your cross you don’t have the right to have a cross on your name icon, if I could have reached through my monitor I would have grabbed little Mr. Christian bigot and throttled him. :ph34r:

Here is the comment of the owner of the CF site (ERWIN) ...

Breetai: I agree with Serapha and drstevej here. Although there are not too many of them, they(the RLDS/CoC) are posing as 'orthodox Christians'. They refuse to use the Mormon icon because they are not part of the main LDS church. They should at least be using the 'other' icon. They are promoting doctrine that is opposed to the Nicene Creed.

Erwin: I agree - it should be Other-church.

http://www.christianforum.com/showthread.p...35&postcount=17

Until Serapha and drstevej badgered the owner, I was having quite a good discussion with the moderator about it. We were actually getting to the root of the problem.

But, I changed my icon. Mostly because I decided I don't agree with the Nicene Creed completely. Of course, they don't either, they are just lying about it so they can call themselves "Christian" and deny that label to others.

How don't they agree with the Nicene Creed?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Snow,

I am ignoring all your postings. That's okay, isnt' it? Or, is there a rule that say I have to give as good as I get?

"Rise above"... that my motto. God give me a grace that is sufficient for every need... a coutinuously flowing river of grace.

~serapha~

Originally posted by serapha@Mar 22 2004, 08:03 AM

Hello Snow,

I am ignoring all your postings. That's okay, isnt' it? Or, is there a rule that say I have to give as good as I get?

"Rise above"... that my motto. God give me a grace that is sufficient for every need... a coutinuously flowing river of grace.

~serapha~

Do as you please, that however does not mean he has to ignore you.

Spencer

Originally posted by BYR+Mar 21 2004, 11:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BYR @ Mar 21 2004, 11:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Jenda@Mar 21 2004, 11:47 PM

Jenda

When you were told take down your cross you don’t have the right to have a cross on your name icon, if I could have reached through my monitor I would have grabbed little Mr. Christian bigot and throttled him. :ph34r:

Breetai: I agree with Serapha and drstevej here. Although there are not too many of them, they(the RLDS/CoC) are posing as 'orthodox Christians'. They refuse to use the Mormon icon because they are not part of the main LDS church. They should at least be using the 'other' icon. They are promoting doctrine that is opposed to the Nicene Creed.

Until Serapha and drstevej badgered the owner, I was having quite a good discussion with the moderator about it. We were actually getting to the root of the problem.

But, I changed my icon. Mostly because I decided I don't agree with the Nicene Creed completely. Of course, they don't either, they are just lying about it so they can call themselves "Christian" and deny that label to others.

In order to agree with the Nicene Creed, one has to believe in the catholic (universal) church, and one (universal) baptism. Neither one of which is true. The Catholics don't accept the Protestants baptism, and vice versa. If they did, they (the Catholics) would not have closed communion. And if the protestants believed in one universal church, they would not have had to step away from the Catholic church. And the Catholic church doesn't believe in it, either, or the Jesuit order would not be in existence.

Originally posted by White Mountain+Mar 22 2004, 05:07 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (White Mountain @ Mar 22 2004, 05:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jenda@Mar 21 2004, 10:47 PM

Until Serapha and drstevej badgered the owner, I was having quite a good discussion with the moderator about it.  We were actually getting to the root of the problem.

Which moderator, Ben Johnson? Is he LDS?

Actually, it was Ben Johnson. We had a few back and forths.

You must be kidding. :P No, he is not LDS. They wouldn't have an LDS moderator there. :lol::D<_<

Originally posted by serapha@Mar 22 2004, 05:03 AM

Hello Snow,

~serapha~

Hello Serapha,

Yes that is fine. It is also untrue. You have told me twice that you are ignoring my posts which means, of course, that you are very much interested in my posts; but it was a nice effort anyway - pretending that you aren't interested.

Still in all, I'll try to keep an open mind - I do like you after all - it just you messed up bigiometry that annoys me.

Originally posted by Jenda+Mar 22 2004, 10:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenda @ Mar 22 2004, 10:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -BYR@Mar 21 2004, 11:01 PM

Originally posted by -Jenda@Mar 21 2004, 11:47 PM

Jenda

In order to agree with the Nicene Creed, one has to believe in the catholic (universal) church, and one (universal) baptism. Neither one of which is true. The Catholics don't accept the Protestants baptism, and vice versa. If they did, they (the Catholics) would not have closed communion. And if the protestants believed in one universal church, they would not have had to step away from the Catholic church. And the Catholic church doesn't believe in it, either, or the Jesuit order would not be in existence.

I thought I read where the RC does accept the Protestant baptisms and vice-versa. I thought the main objection has to do wether or not the bread and wine actually become the body and blood of Jesus? Do you have a source for that comment? I'd like to see it. Of course I'll do my own research, but since you mentioned this, I suspect you have what I need.

Originally posted by Snow+Mar 22 2004, 10:24 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Mar 22 2004, 10:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--serapha@Mar 22 2004, 05:03 AM

Hello Snow,

I am ignoring all your postings.  That's okay, isnt' it?  Or, is there a rule that say I have to give as good as I get?

~serapha~

Hello Serapha,

Yes that is fine. It is also untrue. You have told me twice that you are ignoring my posts which means, of course, that you are very much interested in my posts; but it was a nice effort anyway - pretending that you aren't interested.

Still in all, I'll try to keep an open mind - I do like you after all - it just you messed up bigiometry that annoys me.

My personal opinion is that Serapha doesn't know how to respond to things you say, so she pretends you've done something wrong and therefore she's going to take the "high road" and "ignore" you.

I think she did the same thing to me. I asked legitimate questions without a single shred of mockery and I believe I was accused of "blasting" her and she informed me she would no longer answer my questions.

Originally posted by AFDaw@Mar 22 2004, 12:09 PM

My personal opinion is that Serapha doesn't know how to respond to things you say, so she pretends you've done something wrong and therefore she's going to take the "high road" and "ignore" you.

I think she did the same thing to me. I asked legitimate questions without a single shred of mockery and I believe I was accused of "blasting" her and she informed me she would no longer answer my questions.

To be fair, there is a difference between you and I. You are polite and appropritate and I am agressive and caustic. It is understandable that someone would be put off by me but I have no idea how someone could say that about you and not be laughed at.

This is the funny thing about Serapha and I saw it with a number of others over there - I just got into this with Stephen - and that is that they mock and denounce a thing so very personal as your religious faith and then get all bent out of shape when the ones that they are attempting to denounce don't like it -- and then on top of that, act like they are the the ones being offended -- and on top of the on top of, act like the must now take the 'high-road'

No worries Ammon,

It amounts to nothing. Frankly I had hoped for more from Serapha. See came ill-prepared to deal with the consequences of her bigotry. Perhaps if she had used another name - then I wouldn't have been able to check on her true character on the other board - it might have gone earlier.

Still, I am willing to be open-minded. She can repent of her immoral religious bigotry and engage in a fruitful and robust discussion anytime she wants.

Originally posted by BYR+Mar 22 2004, 10:32 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BYR @ Mar 22 2004, 10:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Jenda@Mar 22 2004, 10:54 AM

<!--QuoteBegin--Jenda@Mar 21 2004, 11:47 PM

But, I changed my icon.  Mostly because I decided I don't agree with the Nicene Creed completely.  Of course, they don't either, they are just lying about it so they can call themselves "Christian" and deny that label to others.

I thought I read where the RC does accept the Protestant baptisms and vice-versa. I thought the main objection has to do wether or not the bread and wine actually become the body and blood of Jesus? Do you have a source for that comment? I'd like to see it. Of course I'll do my own research, but since you mentioned this, I suspect you have what I need.

I'm not sure which comment you want a source for, but I am sure you read it on the other board just a while ago, since the same thing was posted there fairly recently (since this morning).

What I am saying (except for the Jesuit thing) comes from my own experiences and the experiences of friends.

When I have gone to Catholic masses, they made an announcement from the front that if you were not Catholic, you may not take communion there. Discussion about transubstanstiation was not offered as a defense to that practice, and you know what, that would make little difference if someone really wanted or needed to take communion.

And I had a friend who wanted to convert from Catholicism to a protestant denomination, and had to be re-baptized. That was 20-odd years ago, maybe times, and practices, have changed. This instance is based on old knowledge, so I am willing to consider new knowledge if someone has some.

Originally posted by Jenda+Mar 22 2004, 03:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenda @ Mar 22 2004, 03:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -BYR@Mar 22 2004, 10:32 AM

Originally posted by -Jenda@Mar 22 2004, 10:54 AM

<!--QuoteBegin--Jenda@Mar 21 2004, 11:47 PM

But, I changed my icon.  Mostly because I decided I don't agree with the Nicene Creed completely.  Of course, they don't either, they are just lying about it so they can call themselves "Christian" and deny that label to others.

I'm not sure which comment you want a source for, but I am sure you read it on the other board just a while ago, since the same thing was posted there fairly recently (since this morning).

What I am saying (except for the Jesuit thing) comes from my own experiences and the experiences of friends.

When I have gone to Catholic masses, they made an announcement from the front that if you were not Catholic, you may not take communion there. Discussion about transubstanstiation was not offered as a defense to that practice, and you know what, that would make little difference if someone really wanted or needed to take communion.

And I had a friend who wanted to convert from Catholicism to a protestant denomination, and had to be re-baptized. That was 20-odd years ago, maybe times, and practices, have changed. This instance is based on old knowledge, so I am willing to consider new knowledge if someone has some.

I've heard of some Baptist churches requiring re-baptism. I had a friend who was baptised as an infant and joined a Baptist church that required re-baptism for joining. I don't recall if it was because that church didn't recognize baptism as an infant, or because of another reason. I had another friend quite recently leave a Luthern church and join a Methodist church and he wasn't required to be re-baptised to join. The Methodist church accepted his baptism. I'll have to ask both of them the reasons.

I have been around enough Mormons in enough different places for long enough to know that it just don't work that way

So you are saying his/her experiences aren't true? Who are you to state that another's experiences are or aren't true? Nobody asked you if you believed it was true.

Mormons, as a people, are dying to share their beliefs

No, some people just spend all their time telling others how bad other churches are.

You did say that Mormons aren't Christians, right? (yes that's right) To many that is the worst possible insult you could give and you give it freely.

You once called me a molestor, rapist, and abuser. Why is it ok for you to hurl out insults but not others?

And you did say that Mormon prophets contradict the Bible and the Book of Mormon didn't you?

Have you read what some of your prophets have said over the years?

No, your intent is to denounce and marginalize

And you would never do anything like that!

Then you have the gall to deceitfully claim that the Mormons that react to you are hateful just like you claim that Mormons on the other board that take offense to the bigotry and lies to be trolls

There are those two words again. Hate and bigotry used to describe what you do not liek, nothing more.

You know what people respond well to? Honesty, interest and sincerity

How do you know?

You have told me twice that you are ignoring my posts which means, of course, that you are very much interested in my posts; but it was a nice effort anyway - pretending that you aren't interested

My aren't you self absorbed.

Point of clarification Kevin: Do you think that Serapha view of the Church - that we are not Christian and do not believe what is in the Book of Mormon or the Bible is the "high road" or that she is pretending to take a higher road by pretending to ignore me?

Originally posted by BYR@Mar 22 2004, 01:47 PM

I've heard of some Baptist churches requiring re-baptism. I had a friend who was baptised as an infant and joined a Baptist church that required re-baptism for joining. I don't recall if it was because that church didn't recognize baptism as an infant, or because of another reason. I had another friend quite recently leave a Luthern church and join a Methodist church and he wasn't required to be re-baptised to join. The Methodist church accepted his baptism. I'll have to ask both of them the reasons.

I don't doubt that 95% of all Protestant religions accept the other's baptism, I know for a fact that most do. I was referring to crossing between Protestant and Catholic. In fact, many Protestant churches accept the baptism of my church (RLDS), we, however, don't accept theirs into ours.

Originally posted by serapha+Mar 21 2004, 10:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (serapha @ Mar 21 2004, 10:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--AFDaw@Mar 21 2004, 10:39 PM

You've been "investigating" the church for 11 mos...this includes visiting an actual ward, correct?  And no missionary offered to come visit you?

No, not one time.

BTW...if you were investigating all aspects of the church you may have heard of splits.  In which a member goes out with the missionaries to do apts.  Also you may have found out that most missionaries have access to a car, either the one they are sharing with perhaps another set of missionaries or by calling another member.  Not only that, but if you were only interested in learning about the church, why did you not talk to the missionaries while you were at church? 

I have talked to missionaries... at the ward meetings and on the street.

Or at the very least talk to them on the phone?

There isn't an answering machine on the telephone. If you don't "catch" someone at the office, there's no contact. I drove out to the building twice last week.

I personally don't think you "investigated" hard enough.  But not to fear...we have another month left!  So let's go, anything in particular you want to know about the church?  I'll be happy to talk to you, as I'm sure many others on here will be too.

I have a Gospel principle book.... unit one tomorrow or Tuesday?

~serapha~

Ser, Don't take this the wrong way but your so full of it I can spell it in California. Missionaries are very consistant in what they do and take great pride in it. They would find a ride to you if they had to just to make you feel welcome and to teach you. Oh and missionaries do have answering machines,heaven knows in my time I've left enough messages to just tell my boys to have a great day! Do me a favor,Ser, don't pretend to be something your not,it's not appealing. Oh and for the Chritian poll yeah the Church are Christians. So anyways,y'all have fun now y'hear?LOL.....

Halley

Guest Ammon

Originally posted by Jenda@Mar 22 2004, 04:03 PM

Maybe everyone has gone back to their respective boards. Ammon, you are welcome to stay here. B)

I shall do so. Thanks.