1 Year Wait

ditd

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to keep saying things that upset people. I apologize. I don't mean to :(

I'll attempt to clarify and if I can't over this last post I will just drop the topic.

I am new at this forum stuff a bit.

If we have been taught correct principles, and are worthy of the spirit, do we need separate confirmation of everything said from the pulpit or in the articles that we read?

If its a new principle, Yes we do. That is the words of Brigham Young, Elder McConkie, President Benson, Elder Packer, etc. etc... etc...

IT IS NOT a SLIPPERY SLOPE. Its a slippery slope to be on both sides.

1) To not trust the prophets at all and ignore them is very dangerous and damning

2) to trust them so much you do not learn or become anything yourself is just as dangerous.

I understand what you are saying though, I don't think you were referring to that. I feel you didn't understand what I said.??

I could start a thread on this, the Lord will direct us to truth we are ready to hear.

Why teach us correct principles? So we can Govern OURSELVES. The prophets are there to teach us. We listen and learn but govern ourselves. If Nephi listened to the prophets he never would have killed Laban. If Lehi would have listened to Joshua he never would have left Jerusalem only repented (he was informed by an vision to leave). If others stayed in Jerusalem because Joshua was still there thinking it was safe they would have been destroyed. These prophets were teaching the word of God. But if they didn't govern themselves they would have been killed with the rest of them.

[deleted] Not hte proper place to post this.

I am now dropping this.

I say follow the guidelines unless the spirit directs you differently.

Follow this link for a handful a quotes that clarifies the subject...

Inspiration of Leaders

I have prayed and know the Leaders, prophet, apostles ARE inspired by God and this church is the Saviors.

Edited by ElectofGod

Agree or not. The Ensign article is just one place where a civil marriage ceremony AFTER a Temple wedding/sealing is strongly discouraged.

Do your own search. The GAs of the church have said it detracts from the spirit of the temple to have a civil ceremony afterwards.

I agree we should pray about the best way to handle these big decisions. But when we have counsel from the church regarding an issue for me the decision becomes very easy to make, even when its a hard choice.

So then could you have a civil ceremony, not legally binding (so just a ring ceremony or the like), and then get sealed less than a year after?

Honest question, not LDS (yet) so I don't know.

So then could you have a civil ceremony, not legally binding (so just a ring ceremony or the like), and then get sealed less than a year after?

Honest question, not LDS (yet) so I don't know.

Basically you are asking if you can have a party and then go to the temple and get legally married and Sealed. The answer is of course...

The problem here would be the marriage subtext. To go to the temple the couple must be living the Law of Chasity. If you are having sex without being married you aren't worthy to go to the temple