The Third Time Was The Charm!!!

slamjet

My last week as a non-member. So the rebellious side of me is asking "since baptism washes away all sin, what last sin would be fun to do that doesn't need confession, that will not kill me, that will not have lifelong consequences, but still would be fun?"

I dunno, maybe teepee the Bishops house?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THAT is just asking for a whole boat-load of consequences.

I did it when I was 13. My Beehive class had a sleepover at our advisor's house one night. She lived down the street from the stake president, and she suggested we go TP his house! We did, and I think that might actually be the only time I've ever TP-ed. They had decorative bars eight inches or so out of each of their upstairs windows, so we got the brilliant idea to throw rolls of toilet paper up in between the bars and the windows, trying to wrap the bars in it. Well, that was about as successful as it sounds, and it managed to wake our stake president's 15-year-old son up, who then chased us down the street in nothing but his boxers.

How about a gallon of cappuccino ice cream?

Or beer-battered onion rings!

My last full day as a non-member. For some reason I'm grieving for the death of this part of my life because I've learned and grown so much from it.

But I'm exhilarated for what's to come. Last night, before an activity at the stake center, me and my ward's couple missionary checked out the font and we determined that it is deep enough. They're going to talk to my Bishop today and finish getting things planned. My pants are hemmed (I still need to sew on belt loops), my white shirts are ready and my camera is charging. Thankfully today I'm going to be very busy so I won't have time to do anything that would make me unworthy for baptism ^_^

I guess this is unusual enough that I've had one blog ask me to guest-post my re-baptismal experience and I'm set to give a pod-cast interview on Tuesday morning (thanks to whoever gave Bill Steel my name). But I'm planning on posting on my own blog my experience and thoughts tomorrow night.

So tomorrow at about 5:00pm, I will come home back into the fold of Christ.

• 2 weeks later...