Missionary loses life while providing service

pam

If I am given the choice of how I die - I think I would request something similar to this. In all eternity we only get one for sure chance to experience death - for myself - I want to be very awake and cognizant of every aspect of the experience. I would also consider it a great plus and opportunity to die in the service of G-d and my fellow man. I would also consider it a great honor to die doing something special for my wife.

The Traveler

I thought to add something here because so many are thinking this to be sad. I had a brother that also died accidentally within a few months of returning from his mission. One could say it was sad because of the conditions and circumstances. When my brother was taken (in a drowning accident) he was with my father and mother. My father realized something was going to happen and was strongly prompted by the spirit not to become involved; my mother watched from a distance as she lost a beloved and faithful son sucum to the elements.

I cannot tell you how much my righteous parents were affected. My wife and I came home to my parents with 4 other siblings that were married and away. What unfolded was one of the greatest spiritual events and personal revelations of my life. I learned that because of the righteousness of my brother that his life had been extended, not shortened and that he did indeed have a very important roll and mission to complete else where. That there is no eternal blessing that would be denied to him because of what seemed to be uncompleted blessings of this life. That just as we celibate and honor a mission call that there are many calls extended to return to serve G-d in the next life. I learned that my righteous father was also facing a trial similar to that of Abraham. I was given understanding that many (ancestors and others) rejoiced greatly and thanked G-d for my brother's return to them.

I also understood that my brother was present when my father quietly passed. My darling mother in her old age (90's) longs to be with them but happily faces each day taking care of herself (still driving and performing service) despite pain and aging difficulties which is amazing to me.

My point is - there is little if any reason to be sad when a righteous person passes. I say this because we must be careful with letting sadness overtake us in such conditions because it can inhibit the spirit from revealing many important truths. Even our expressions of sadness can weigh down on other at a difficult and confusing time when the spirit can bring comfort.

I realize that all must face difficulties but I also believe we can express our love and hope without being disabling to very needed spiritual assistance that should give us reasons for joy. I also understand that sorrow is often necessary until we can come to better understanding. But when a servant is taken in the service of G-d and their fellow man - with what I know to be true there is so very little that must be desperately held to - to remain sad.

The Traveler

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

As my experience when we use anything to do something for better our life and doing some works as stitching and other things that we made in our life. If we let says as our own self if we don’t do anything for better health and make perfect health then we are fall down in number of big diseases. Like as we are takes care our missionaries then that give us better output. So if we take responsibility takes care then our missionaries are not loses life while we providing service.

yellowstone bus tour

yosemite tours from san francisco

Edited by kethy
Hidden

It is sad,but i agree with traveler,he died from this life in honor and was taken back home to finish his mission. WE all have a set time to go, enjoy your days, love the people in your life, do good,grow in your trust and faith of GOd, for u might not know when death comes knocking it might be your last ten minutes....who knows.....

Yes, sad for the family.

Do you know the book from Duane S. Crowther: Life Everlasting? It is a compilation of lds life after death experiences with quotes form authorities on this topic. One thing mentioned there, very interesting to me, was that God might actually end someone's mortal life sooner to call the person up to do the missionary work in the spirit world