Shouldn't Alec Baldwin be made to suffer by the PC police too?

bytor2112

Alec Baldwin has a big arrogant mouth and why he isn't being drawn and quartered by the PC police on the left for his most recent tirade is telling. If I were the journalist that he threatened via twitter and called a Queen and threatened some pretty despicable actions toward...Alec Baldwin would be in jail.

After Paula Deens destruction by the PC leftists in our country, we should demand some fairness and the same treatment for this whacko lefty nut burger....but....probably not.

I'm really annoyed by the whole Paula Deen thing. I think she should have been eviscerated by the media and scorned in the public eye, but not necessarily fired from her job. Instead, she was fired, and almost everything I've seen/heard about the incident excuses her, or says, "give an old Southern gal a break."

I'm really annoyed by the whole Paula Deen thing. I think she should have been eviscerated by the media and scorned in the public eye, but not necessarily fired from her job. Instead, she was fired, and almost everything I've seen/heard about the incident excuses her, or says, "give an old Southern gal a break."

Not to debate the Paula Deen thing....I tend to disagree with you, not because she is an old southern gal, but because it seems like a non issue. But, what about Alec Baldwin...should he be given a pass? Although for me, it is a non issue as well.......but, in the interest of fairness.

The excuse for Deen is that it was a long time ago. No doubt most of us have done and said things we would rather not be judged for today.

Alec Baldwin is current. His jobs probably result from his attitude so there isnt much chance he would be fired for what he does.

Capital One?

This is pretty easy. Baldwin supports Affirmative Action, probably gay marriage, and he votes for the party that is deemed by the media to care for the disadvantaged. Ms. Deen does not appear to have this track record, and so is accorded no grace.

Although...I understand that she is a (D) and voted for O.

Another view on Alec and Paula in their current situations. From what i've read Paula was known for using the word that people are upset with on a rather constant basis and second she thought it would be quaint to have a wedding party with a plantation theme with black servers acting as slaves from a few reports i read, haven't see comments on how much time she's spent with black charity or causes. Alec seems to have apologized for this out burst quite quickly and has spent quite a bit of time and money with the GLBT community. Not excusing or condemning either just see a bit of a difference in the situations.

Although...I understand that she is a (D) and voted for O.

How can that be? She's a Southerner...yeah, prejudice flows both ways, but the ones that hold the camera's get to analyze which way is intentional and outrageous, and which is innocent accentricity.

Another view on Alec and Paula in their current situations. From what i've read Paula was known for using the word that people are upset with on a rather constant basis and second she thought it would be quaint to have a wedding party with a plantation theme with black servers acting as slaves from a few reports i read, haven't see comments on how much time she's spent with black charity or causes. Alec seems to have apologized for this out burst quite quickly and has spent quite a bit of time and money with the GLBT community. Not excusing or condemning either just see a bit of a difference in the situations.

So...money and a quick apology....kind of like buying carbon credits.

So...money and a quick apology....kind of like buying carbon credits.

Part of it, but also he responded quickly. She did this for years from what i've read and never saw much wrong with it until someone called her on it then she said "oops". Years vs hours and the amount of time and money spent on a cause could make the difference in how some people view it.

Part of it, but also he responded quickly. She did this for years from what i've read and never saw much wrong with it until someone called her on it then she said "oops". Years vs hours and the amount of time and money spent on a cause could make the difference in how some people view it.

Years vs hours? You act like Deen just walked around fixated on using racially charged comments. Do you really think that Alec Baldwin just recently started using this type of language? Seriously? You have to actually do more than speak a word to tweet and this is what came out on a tweet...not in the heat of a conversation or telling of an off color joke.

It is my personal impression and feeling--gut-level--that Paula Deen was easy pickings for PC attack because she's a Southerner with a Southern accent. Some people despise that region, it's anti-sophistication, and their perception that it is an area brimming with racism, homophobia and conservatism. When this Queen of this culture slips up, speaking the banned N-word, the sharks smelt blood, and attacked with a vengence. It was self-fulfilling prophecy.

Alec Baldwin is a Northeast liberal, outspoken Democrat, and yes--a supporter of PC causes. So, when he slips up, the PC posse are loathe to attack one of their main sponsors. He makes his quick apology, perhaps tosses some manna in the direction of those he dissed with his ill-spoken word, and all is forgiven.

Despite the seeming similarities though, I agree that this is a case of apples and oranges. It does no good for conservatives to tell the LBGT community to be less forgiving. Likewise, it's hard to tell African-Americans to forgive and forget one who repeatedly utters a word that all agree is spoken too often, and never with any redeeming value.

Paula's going to have to ride this one out. The punishments she is enduring seem over the top, but she seems to be a strong gal, and will surely weather this storm.

It's a double-standard but not for the reasons that most would suspect. Was Paula Deen treated unfairly and too harshly? Perhaps BUT I think the reason behind that is due to her squeaky clean image in the public eye. For example, if Taylor Swift slipped up and out popped a racial slur, people would be outraged because it's totally shocking that someone so prim and proper would say such a thing. But if Nicki Minaj blurted out some obnoxious statement, people might be offended but the shock value isn't there because let's face it -- it's Nicki Minaj. I think the same thing applies for Alec Baldwin and Charlie Sheen, both are always in and out of trouble, putting their foot into their mouths -- no one cares for too long about what those idiots say.

It's a double-standard but not for the reasons that most would suspect. Was Paula Deen treated unfairly and too harshly? Perhaps BUT I think the reason behind that is due to her squeaky clean image in the public eye. For example, if Taylor Swift slipped up and out popped a racial slur, people would be outraged because it's totally shocking that someone so prim and proper would say such a thing. But if Nicki Minaj blurted out some obnoxious statement, people might be offended but the shock value isn't there because let's face it -- it's Nicki Minaj. I think the same thing applies for Alec Baldwin and Charlie Sheen, both are always in and out of trouble, putting their foot into their mouths -- no one cares for too long about what those idiots say.

That is a valid point..........lower expectations of Baldwin.