George Zimmerman Case winding down

bytor2112

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I perceive that the vast majority here agree that Zimmerman's not guilty verdict was the right one, based on the law. We may have personal opinions about what really happened, but based on the law and available evidence, conviction would have been dishonest--a 'lynching.'

If there be any doubters remaining, a reminder may be useful. Yes, every case is different. However, I kept thinking of a case a few years back in which a Japanese exchange student was shot and killed in Lousiana. He and his American friend went to the wrong house, seeking a Halloween party. They rang the doorbell. No answer. So, they turned to leave. The wife saw them through the window, panicked, and told her husband to get a gun. As the students headed for the car, the garage door opened, and the husband yelled "Freeze!" The Japanese student likely understood him to say "Please," turned and walked toward him. He thought the student was coming at him, and shot him point-blank.

The jury acquitted him. Yoshihiro Hattori - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTW, it turns out "a few years ago" was 1992.

Yet the Zimmerman haters are now saying his subsequent rescue of a family in an overturned SUV was a staged event to rehabilitate his public image. They are still calling for his head on a platter.

And they say we conservatives are harsh and unforgiving.

Lost in all of this...is George Zimmerman. What is next for him. The media turned him into something sub-human.... a racist monster. Imagine trying to put you life back together after this.....

I think Mr. Zimmerman was justified in shooting Martin and I am of the opinion that Martin was a thug wanna be and didn't think twice about dropping racial slurs. Maybe he wasn't racist, because I don't think using a racial slur makes one a racist. Ignorant perhaps...but not necessarily a racist.

I am gonna go out on a limb here and say that Zimmerman is not the first person that Martin had physically assaulted. He had some expectation of being successful in the assault or he would not have attempted it. I am guessing the element of surprise or a sucker punch ( punch out of nowhere) is what began the assault on Zimmerman. Does anyone really believe that was the first time Martin had ever done this to someone? It is one thing to slug it out with another youth, but, he did this to an obviously adult male and in a very calculated way.

Sadly, Zimmerman will be haunted throughout his life because even though he was in the right, he still ended someone elses life while preserving his own. And now he will have to look over his shoulder for a someone seeking to extract vengeance and also from blood thirsty leaches aka as lawyers. (no offense to fine legal counsel like our friend JAG).

A fellow Assistant Principal with my wife at her school was recently contacted by Martin's attorney. Her co-worker is the brother of a man that was shot and killed in a truly racist act here locally and now Martins lawyer is wanting a meeting with the man. My wife's co-workers brother is black and his brother was shot by a white man and at his arrest stated plainly that he didn't see the big deal because he only shot a N. I hope he gets the death penalty. The mans brother does not want to meet with (his words) that low life race hustling fool and isn't returning his calls. Good for him.

Edited by bytor2112