Pothole Robin Hood’ Steals City-Owned Asphalt to Patch Up Streets

The newest twist on the legendary saying seems to go something like this:

He robs asphalt from the city and fills in the poor holes that plague the streets.

And while a “Pothole Robin Hood” he may very well be to his supporters, Ron Chane won’t be getting spiritual advice from Friar Tuck anytime soon…and Jackson, Mississippi, most definitely isn’t Sherwood Forest.

Because Chane—who’s made a name for himself lately by taking what he says is asphalt from the city of Jackson so he and his girlfriend can fill its potholes—is under police investigation for his actions.

The Pothole Robin Hood of Jackson, Miss., Steals City Owned Asphalt to Patch Up Streets

Posted Image

The Pothole Robin Hood off camera, talking to a reporter.

‘Pothole Robin Hood’ Steals City-Owned Asphalt to Patch Up Streets – But the City Is Not Grateful | Video | TheBlaze.com

Edited by Dravin
Copyright concerns

as fun as the story of robinhood is, I don't agree with the principle.

I'm inclined to side with you. What would have happened if the city's department of public works was prioritizing other areas? If the city can afford the asphalt and the delays talked about in the article are just a labor issue then I suppose the harm is minimal, but what if he just used up a big chunk of the city's asphalt budget and now busier streets, or even just random streets higher up on the wait list have to wait even longer for another fiscal year to roll around?

Now if they'd paid for the asphalt themselves or through donations I'd be more inclined to warm up to them even though I'm sure they'd be running afoul of some city ordinance or insurance requirement about road maintenance.

I'm inclined to side with you. What would have happened if the city's department of public works was prioritizing other areas? If the city can afford the asphalt and the delays talked about in the article are just a labor issue then I suppose the harm is minimal, but what if he just used up a big chunk of the city's asphalt budget and now busier streets, or even just random streets higher up on the wait list have to wait even longer for another fiscal year to roll around?

Now if they'd paid for the asphalt themselves or through donations I'd be more inclined to warm up to them even though I'm sure they'd be running afoul of some city ordinance or insurance requirement about road maintenance.

That was exactly my thought as well. Departments have to prioritize based on funding and safety of people.