The Randomness of your day...

Lakumi

Cause we all have little doings that don't really justify their own thread.

Today I was out, after going to Tim Hortons (think a sort of fast food-café thing that is literally everywhere in Canada-where I buy frozen lemonade every so often). After which I went to the park with Lakumi (the doll) who was in a new dress, which I begun to realize it was far too short for her. It's a strawberry pattern and thought it was very cute. I don't want to sell it, perhaps it could be a long shirt, and I could get some matching/similar pants?

I donno (I'll post a picture later)

so that was the randomness from my day...:lol:

what about yours?

http://imageshack.com/scaled/640x480/689/qrbn.jpg

see what I mean?

Edited by Lakumi

Well, I lost my keys, tripped my toe on the curb, had part of my tooth chip off, and called my client the wrong name.

I think I need one of those Canadian frozen lemonades and a good dentist. :)

Tim Hortons is beginning to appear in the US, I saw one in Detroit.

They look completely different down there though.

I went down to the basement to do laundry. Upon getting down to the laundry room, I could smell stinky/moldy towels. Apparently, when DH did a load of laundry on Monday, there was a flood, and he used the towels to clean up the mess, then just left the towels on the floor. Ugh! I managed to get them all washed, with bleach, and another load in the washer. I'm hoping the bleach killed all the mildew on the towels, and I got to them soon enough that the towels aren't ruined.

Cause we all have little doings that don't really justify their own thread.

Today I was out, after going to Tim Hortons (think a sort of fast food-café thing that is literally everywhere in Canada-where I buy frozen lemonade every so often). After which I went to the park with Lakumi (the doll) who was in a new dress, which I begun to realize it was far too short for her. It's a strawberry pattern and thought it was very cute. I don't want to sell it, perhaps it could be a long shirt, and I could get some matching/similar pants?

I donno (I'll post a picture later)

so that was the randomness from my day...:lol:

what about yours?

http://imageshack.com/scaled/640x480/689/qrbn.jpg

see what I mean?

Yep, too short. Put some nice jeggings on to complete the look.

Hidden

Interviewed for a job last week. Went GREAT. Outstanding job, permanent position, one I would love. Outrageous benefits (e.g. four weeks/year paid vacation plus $3000 vacation reimbursement -- are you kidding me?). Wonderful work culture. Interviewer (hiring manager) loved me, basically told me the job was mine. Just got an email yesterday -- they've decided not to hire for that job just now.

Then, going home, got a phone call from a guy who claims (probably wrongly) that I scratched* his bumper when I was parallel parking (he could just as easily have backed into me, or more likely I had nothing to do with it -- he stuck a note to my windshield claiming I had caused the damage). I've been trying really hard to be a decent person about the whole thing and not just say, "Tough luck, buddy, but it likely wasn't me, and you have no good evidence that it was." Thought about maybe splitting the cost (because, you know, the Vort household is absolutely rolling in money, and when we need more, we just go pick it off the money tree growing out back) or at least providing fifty bucks or so, just mainly so he didn't feel ripped off. Instead of telling him to take a flying leap, I gave him my insurance and personal info and told him to get back to me when he had an estimate. His low estimate: $240. To replace the entire bumper because of a small, inconspicuous scratch that he claims is my fault. So I went to talk with him today. Asked him what it would take to make him feel he had gotten reasonable compensation. His unsurprising response: $240.

So I told him to talk to his insurance company, that I wasn't responsible and we could work it through that channel. Made me wished I had just blown off his initial windshield note. No good deed or sincere effort goes unpunished, it appears.

*(Btw, when I say "scratch", I mean literally an almost invisible scratch on the plastic of his bumper, right underneath two deep scratches that I could not possibly have caused with my car -- and which in my opinion were probably caused by the same vehicle that did the damage he accused me of. He first accused me of doing the deep scratches, too, until I literally parked my car a half inch from his and showed that there was nothing on my car that could have done the damage.)

Yep, too short. Put some nice jeggings on to complete the look.

maybe one red and one green?

I mean faeries have no concept of modesty or the like but its less about a character in some book I wrote and more so what looks good on a doll

Lakumi is a doll first and a faerie second lol

maybe one red and one green?

I mean faeries have no concept of modesty or the like but its less about a character in some book I wrote and more so what looks good on a doll

Lakumi is a doll first and a faerie second lol

A doll cannot show off her ball-jointed knees and feel pretty. C'mon. :D

A doll cannot show off her ball-jointed knees and feel pretty. C'mon. :D

lol, they're normally just called ball joints or doll joints :lol:

(also what if its a boy doll?) Makemake wears shorts, though that outfit is a temp thing, makes him look like he's from the Village People... and his outfits should look like Michael Jackson's lol

a one might assume, dresses are easier to sew then pants- sleeveless dresses being the easiest

Edited by Lakumi

she's supposed to be about 12 (well looks wise in physical form, Faeries are immortal essentially)

the dress is supposed to be longer but I have seemed to have made a faulty measurement...

btw what's a hootchie mama?

A slut. A female who dresses provocatively (which can include 12 yr olds) in an overtly sexual way. Surely, surely even Canadians know of hootchie mamas. I don't watch these shows, but I've seen the commercials, think of Snookie or the Kardasians or any of the 'Wives of...' shows. I don't find any of these women dressed in an attractive way. Money don't buy class, that's for sure.

I'm not all up on the hip terms of these days :lol:

And yes, I remember the terms for young kids dressing that way was "prostitots".

I never intended to make poor Lakumi look trashy. In the stories she has a competent idea of human fashions (she finds it a subject of interest, as faeries normally never wear clothes).

That and I like to think I have a competent idea on fashion...for dolls.

I woke up after my alarm went off for about twenty-five minutes this morning and knew I would be late for work. I wanted my lunch and cooked it anyway because I hate spending loads of money on fast food. After driving about 27 miles to work it ended up I showed up only two or three minutes late. It doesn't count as tardy unless you show up five minutes late or more at my place of employment.

I dodged the bullet today.