First time to Salt Lake City

Drpepper

I'm heading over to Salt Lake City. Any suggestions on what places are best to visit?

I think it depends on your interests. Being a lover of outdoors and nature - I would strongly suggest some canyon drives - the alpine loop from American Fork to Provo Canyon is good. If you like cycling the climb up Alta Canyon is as exciting as any climb on the Tour de France.

At the SnowBird sky resort you can ride the tram to the top of the mountains for a view much more splendid that from any building downtown.

Their are many hiking trails.

For a unique eating experience - you may try the "Training Table" - a upscale fast food restaurant that was started here in Salt Lake City. Or you may try the Red Iguana (a famous SLC spot) on South Temple. Be sure to try some "Mormon fry sauce" on your french frys - wherever you eat.

You may want to travel south to Provo and visit the BYU campus and hike up to the "Y" on the mountain.

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler

That all sounds like fun... This might sound a little silly but is it snowing there yet. We don't get snow here so was hoping to see some there. I take it my usual attire of shorts and tshirt might not work for me over there now.

Some here will wear shorts and tshirts in sub zero weather but I would advise that you bring something to keep you warm - especially in the mountains. If you drive the Alpine loop or take the Snowbird tram; you will see (experience) snow.

The Traveler

That all sounds like fun... This might sound a little silly but is it snowing there yet. We don't get snow here so was hoping to see some there. I take it my usual attire of shorts and tshirt might not work for me over there now.

Not to be rude, but I sure hope we don't have snow in your honor. :)