My rant of the day

pam

Okay my rant is with trying to follow a thread where people are being quoted. But those quoting don't leave who the quote is from. Sometimes I need to go back to find out where and who made the comment and in what context it was used. But since I don't know who originally said something, I'm finding myself having to go through post after post after post to find it.

So just my little rant...it would be nice, if when quoting, we knew who you were quoting.

Okay my rant is with trying to follow a thread where people are being quoted. But those quoting don't leave who the quote is from. Sometimes I need to go back to find out where and who made the comment and in what context it was used. But since I don't know who originally said something, I'm finding myself having to go through post after post after post to find it.

So just my little rant...it would be nice, if when quoting, we knew who you were quoting.

No kidding!!

Okay my rant is when you finally get the birthday present you want and then it's completely different from what you expected. I mean, I love eating at the Olive Garden and having my own little cabana boy serving me breadsticks and being too shy to tell me how awesome he thinks I am, but it's totally obvious how much he digs me. So anyway he's way into me, but his nerves will explode him like some Michael Bay special effect, so instead he sends a friend over to tell me. It's a total Cyrano moment, except instead of Big Nose, it's Colonel Cutey, and instead of random cousin guy it's Shemar Moore!

"My friend really thinks you're the bee's knees" he says to me. "And if you're looking for a second opinion," he continues, "I have to agree. By the way, if my voice sounds dreamy right now it's only because you are such a vision."

"Tell you what Baby Girl, I came here to wish you a happy birthday for my friend (he's sending a cake right over), but it would give me a merry Christmas if I could spend it with you."

Now it was my turn for internal Bay-splosions. I have been preparing my whole life for this improbable moment. We could get married that night and he could move in immediately because my closet is already stocked with shirts in his size. I already had the wedding album photoshopped. I was flabbergasted! "Just say the word and we'll be noeling together," he prompted.

I try to think up with something quick and clever to impress him. I manage to come up with "grrrbldrk."

"Sorry I didn't quite catch that," he says. "I was imagining you with mistletoe over your head. What do you say? Care to join me in some reindeer games?"

Now I had time to steel my nerves. I wasn't going to oversell myself. Just a simple "yes" is all I needed. "Sinus drainage chicken waffle fries pipe cleaner," I casually replied.

"Well, okay." Shemar was obviously dejected at what he perceived was a rejection. "It's probably for the best. I'm so nervous around you, I'd have to hold your hand all day just to keep mine from shaking."

Just then my cake came with the standard knockoff song. I could have screamed! I'm still kicking myself. Everything played out exactly as I imagined it: Olive Garden, Shemar Moore, birthday. Everything except for me! Aaaaarrrrrggghhhhh!!!!

That's my rant. If anyone needs me, I'll be eating cake in my white dress and leafing through my wedding album.

Any other pet peeves while you're at it?

Edited by mordorbund

A-freakin'-men!!!

Some people really are brats. I won't mention names but his initials are mirkwood.

Starts with an "m" and ends with an "irkwood," right?

Not to be the "young geeky" person, but I'll say this since I have been dealing with message boards and the formatting for a long time (yes, I'm a geeky HTML formatter).

Sometimes when you're using certain apps to browse a forum and you quote a person it will not show the name quoted. This is a back-end issue on the forum and not the actual poster's intent.

With that being said, I don't know if that's what's going on or if the person(s) is actually deleting out the names of those they're quoting (I don't see the point in that).

With that being said, I don't know if that's what's going on or if the person(s) is actually deleting out the names of those they're quoting (I don't see the point in that).

Putting aside possible software issues, chances are it is a case of the attribution being lost in editing and/or the attribution being neglected when manual quote tags are used.

Putting aside possible software issues, chances are it is a case of the attribution being lost in editing and/or the attribution being neglected when manual quote tags are used.

It's the latter for me, if I use the quote tag manually I don't bother to add an =name to it.